Change in PCR Test Process - Celebrity Equinox

AlbertaCruisers

5 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

I'm aware of these tests kits being provided to schools, businesses and other entities in Ontario, but I've seen nothing about availability for individuals or families. Where would a retired couple acquire one?

We live in NB and they are available for pickup. Gov't website says where and when.  Picked up five tests  last week, no question asked.

8 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

No, it has been removed from the website. All that remains now: 

Travel Home – US and Abroad

Details regarding testing for home country re-entry will be provided onboard.

This is what I see on the Celebrity Website:

image.thumb.png.404e495d8e624a9974f7923b46b3e91d.png

Here is the link: https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/celebrity-healthy-at-sea-protocols.pdf

In the document it states Travel Home Testing is done onboard.

And the website still states Safe Passage Home.

17 minutes ago, truckswain said:

This is what I see on the Celebrity Website:

image.thumb.png.404e495d8e624a9974f7923b46b3e91d.png

Here is the link: https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/celebrity-healthy-at-sea-protocols.pdf

In the document it states Travel Home Testing is done onboard.

And the website still states Safe Passage Home.

Yes, the Safe Passage Home program continues, but it clearly specifies that it applies "If you test positive for COVID-19 onboard during your cruise".  So if you are tested on shore after disembarkation and the conclusion of the cruise, it appears that you won't be covered. In typical Celebrity fashion, they are making changes without providing explanations of the potential ramifications.

I've seen that PDF. It is dated and no longer reflects what the Healthy at Sea webpages now state. Once again, contradictory information. Based on actual experience by current posters, testing is not always conducted aboard as the PDF erroneously states.

Edited by Fouremco
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, sun25 said:

We live in NB and they are available for pickup. Gov't website says where and when.  Picked up five tests  last week, no question asked.

Unfortunately, Ontario has taken a different approach. While there are many commercial enterprises quite happy to sell you some, you need to be part of an approved organization to get them free from the government:  https://covid-19.ontario.ca/get-free-rapid-tests

34 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Yes, the Safe Passage Home program continues, but it clearly specifies that it applies "If you test positive for COVID-19 onboard during your cruise".  So if you are tested on shore after disembarkation and the conclusion of the cruise, it appears that you won't be covered. In typical Celebrity fashion, they are making changes without providing explanations of the potential ramifications.

I've seen that PDF. It is dated and no longer reflects what the Healthy at Sea webpages now state. Once again, contradictory information. Based on actual experience by current posters, testing is not always conducted aboard as the PDF erroneously states.

After much consideration we have decided to still cruise. We cruise on Monday,  the way I see it is if there are too many people requiring the PCR test for them to handle it will be done on shore when we return.  We booked our flights also with Celebrity Air & our return flight is 12:30 pm, we also have Nexus so should be interesting. Will let you all know.

Edited by If only
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, If only said:

After much consideration we have decided to still cruise. We cruise on Monday,  the way I see it is if there are too many people requiring the PCR test for them to handle it will be done on shore when we return.  We booked our flights also with Celebrity Air & our return flight is 12:30 pm, we also have Nexus so should be interesting. Will let you all know.

I do hope that it works out for you. We have an 11:20 flight and will probably change that to the following day. That will take the time pressure off, and even better, they've added a direct flight!

Let us know how things work out for you. Bon voyage!

8 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

I do hope that it works out for you. We have an 11:20 flight and will probably change that to the following day. That will take the time pressure off, and even better, they've added a direct flight!

Thank you, David is way more optimistic than I am, he firmly believes that Celebrity will take care of us.  Me not optimistic, we only booked this cruise with Celebrity Air as they claim to look after you both ways as we never fly in or out same day just this time so should be interesting.  On saying that when the shooting occurred in FLL airport a few years ago Celebrity Air did look after us & I think we were the last ones on the ship. Here’s hoping they get us home as promised.

• Like 1

As a CBSA agent once told my wife, "You should listen to your husband.", I think David has the proper mindset.  Continue all the Covid protocols you have been practicing for the last 20 months and everything will be good.  Enjoy your cruise.

2 hours ago, If only said:

Good luck to you both, have a wonderful holiday and yes, please report back how celebrity handles your  return testing! My husband is the same as yours, saying it’ll all work out! Maybe I worry too much 🤷‍♀️

3 hours ago, If only said:

Have a wonderful long awaited vacation .
I also believe that if you are found to be positive after testing, that is when the Care team steps in. Celebrity has not said they will not take care of us.

The only change is understandable. And by the time I get off at the end of Nov, things might change again.

I am staying positive.

cheers

Brockmom

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fouremco said:

FLL provides free Wi-Fi internet access in all terminals. You have a tablet and will be able to use it at the airport to receive your email and submit your information on your ArriveCAN app. 

And if that option somehow fails, I would still like a hard copy of my PCT test result!

3 hours ago, Fouremco said:

You must be flying AC as I have the same departure time from FLL!  The next AC flight does not depart FLL until 1720!

I'm thinking either stay O/N or (re)booked my return flight with West Jet, (if possible, without penalty)!

21 minutes ago, GeriatricNurse said:

And if that option somehow fails, I would still like a hard copy of my PCT test result!

I suppose one could hang around the terminal for an hour and a half or so and ask for a printed test result, if they in fact are set up to do so. As most people will leave as soon as they are tested and await the email heading to either the airport or their hotel, I don't know if Celebrity will bother with printed results. Hopefully Celebrity will eventually start providing details on their new approach.

24 minutes ago, GeriatricNurse said:

You must be flying AC as I have the same departure time from FLL!  The next AC flight does not depart FLL until 1720!

I'm thinking either stay O/N or (re)booked my return flight with West Jet, (if possible, without penalty)!

I purposely booked refundable flights to enable flexibility. I've not looked at West Jet yet, but my preferred option right now is to overnight and bump my flight on AC by a day. 

I think there is some speculating on this string of posts that’s causing unnecessary worry or change of plans. I am certain the intentions are good but consider this:

Has Celebrity demonstrated lack of care or not stepping up to their Healthy At Sea protocols since they returned to operation in June? 
Would a business that has worked hard at promoting their brand burn themselves by having passengers miss their flights or change them so cruisers now have a 5 hour layover at the WaWa airport?

Would Celebrity risk bad press from not taking care of guests who received positive covid test results at the airport?
With the increasing # of international travellers sailing was Celebrity proactive in planning how to get tests completed for departing passengers?

Did they do a poor job communicating the change to customers who are booked?

I sail on the Summit Saturday. The app says testing will be done for passengers who require it for their next destination and details will be provided on board.

That’s good enough for me.

21 minutes ago, Janedoe2012 said:

I sail on the Summit Saturday. The app says testing will be done for passengers who require it for their next destination and details will be provided on board.

That’s good enough for me.

As this change has only just been introduced and you sail this weekend, you really don't have much of a choice. For the rest of us, however, it would be nice if Celebrity would share details on how this is going to work so that we can plan accordingly. Providing details once passengers are on board is far too late.

I appreciate your positive comments about Celebrity, but let's not forget that this is the same company that kept selling cruises to Canada last year long after the ban on cruise ships in Canadian waters, and delayed cancelling cruises globally for weeks after it was clear that they would never sail. Most cancellations weren't announced until after final payment. So knowingly inconveniencing passengers who have made or are trying to make travel arrangements wouldn't be a first for Celebrity.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Fouremco said:

I suppose one could hang around the terminal for an hour and a half or so and ask for a printed test result, if they in fact are set up to do so. As most people will leave as soon as they are tested and await the email heading to either the airport or their hotel, I don't know if Celebrity will bother with printed results. Hopefully Celebrity will eventually start providing details on their new approach.

I purposely booked refundable flights to enable flexibility. I've not looked at West Jet yet, but my preferred option right now is to overnight and bump my flight on AC by a day. 

I booked (Premium Economy), refundable flights, with AC, as well, for the same reason as you!

It would be the cost, $$$, of a post cruise overnight, for $400+!

And , like you, my preferred option is to overnight, & fly FLL - YYZ, the following day, at 1120.  I have looked at the seat map for the AC flight the following day and I see that my preferred seat is still available!  I'll have my TA effect this change today.

I've looked at West Jet for flights & their flight, FLL - YYZ departs at 1200, so not enough of a difference in time to make a difference!  Also, West Jet appears more expensive in cost for flights when compared to AC!

• Like 1

This is an absolute GARBAGE move by Celebrity .  The fact that they changed their policies after people have made plans and trusted their " promise " to send everyone home with the required tests is so bad … they would have been better off to not promise anything !!

Game changer  - will not be booking anything until GOC removes the requirement of PCR tests , and still might not … They can keep my Credit - 

Edited by Forecheck
spelling

8 minutes ago, Forecheck said:

This is an absolute GARBAGE move by Celebrity .  The fact that they changed their policies after people have made plans and trusted their " promise " to send everyone home with the required tests is so bad … they would have been better off to not promise anything !!

Game changer  - will not be booking anything until GOC removes the requirement of PCR tests , and still might not … They can keep my Credit - 

As of yet there has been no official change in policy so "GARBAGE move by Celebrity" may be premature.

What we have is comments that on a sailing on a particular ship testing was not done on board.  We also have a great deal of assumptions that if the testing is not being done on board and one is positive for Covid that Celebrity Safe Passage Home does not apply. 

All of the information on Celebrity's page for Healthy at Sea remains unchanged for sailing departing up to an including April 30th 2022.  If one is that concerned contacting Celebrity would be beneficial.

We leave Saturday on the Apex.  This cruise was booked under the Healthy at Sea protocols and I am not concerned at all about how Celebrity will look after us should the need arise. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, truckswain said:

All of the information on Celebrity's page for Healthy at Sea remains unchanged for sailing departing up to an including April 30th 2022. 

That's simply not true. Whereas it previously stated on the Healthy at Sea Overview page that PCR tests would be provided onboard to passengers requiring them, that has been deleted. And the reference to them on the US Travel Requirements page has been modified to say that details will be provided on board.

I've no problem with pro-Celebrity passengers, as I'm one too and make many positive posts about the line, but posting misleading or false information as you have done benefits no one.

Edited by Fouremco
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Fouremco said:

That's simply not true. Whereas it previously stated on the Healthy at Sea Overview page that PCR tests would be provided onboard to passengers requiring them, that has been deleted. And the reference to them on the US Travel Requirements page has been modified to say that details will be provided on board.

I've no problem with pro-Celebrity passengers, as I'm one too and make many positive posts about the line, but posting misleading or false information as you have done benefits no one.

This is my first Celebrity Cruise so I am in no way a pro-Celebrity passenger.  I have not provided false or misleading information.  What I have stated comes directly from the Celebrity website.  You have provided an opinion that you believe this information not to be accurate.  This very will could be true but no one really knows for absolute.  Although it is clear that the experiences of those who have cruised and posted about it in this forum is viewed by many as new Celebrity policy.

I will be glad to update on our experiences from the Apex when we return.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, truckswain said:

This is my first Celebrity Cruise so I am in no way a pro-Celebrity passenger.  I have not provided false or misleading information.  What I have stated comes directly from the Celebrity website.  You have provided an opinion that you believe this information not to be accurate.  This very will could be true but no one really knows for absolute.  Although it is clear that the experiences of those who have cruised and posted about it in this forum is viewed by many as new Celebrity policy.

I will be glad to update on our experiences from the Apex when we return.

You stated in your post #70 that "All of the information on Celebrity's page for Healthy at Sea remains unchanged for sailing departing up to an including April 30th 2022." That is incorrect.

For example, this is what it says for US Travel Requirements today:

382788242_ScreenShot2021-11-10at4_41_21PM.thumb.png.48df129f3a80b3fff30bc8221fc81863.png

Now, compare that to what the website said until just a few days ago:

261987856_ScreenShot2021-11-10at4_38_02PM.thumb.png.4c96a2dcc994762000861f9b5800bf7e.png

Clearly a difference, and to say that the webpage hasn't changed is totally false.

In post #7 of this thread, @jy_cruisefan provided a screen grab of a paragraph that was on the Overview page of Healthy at Sea under the Testing and Screening heading:

240247450_ScreenShot2021-11-10at4_54_47PM.thumb.png.332e45f297883cb0eddff01781736c9e.png

This too has been deleted from the HAS page over the past week.

So, go and enjoy your cruise on the Apex, but please stop telling everyone that Celebrity has made no changes to the Health at Sea webpages regarding testing for those requiring it for home country reentry. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, truckswain said:

As of yet there has been no official change in policy so "GARBAGE move by Celebrity" may be premature.

What we have is comments that on a sailing on a particular ship testing was not done on board.  We also have a great deal of assumptions that if the testing is not being done on board and one is positive for Covid that Celebrity Safe Passage Home does not apply. 

All of the information on Celebrity's page for Healthy at Sea remains unchanged for sailing departing up to an including April 30th 2022.  If one is that concerned contacting Celebrity would be beneficial.

We leave Saturday on the Apex.  This cruise was booked under the Healthy at Sea protocols and I am not concerned at all about how Celebrity will look after us should the need arise. 

I wish you a great cruise - however i based my comments on 3 pages of information from posters who actually experienced the new policies, if they aren't accurate then that's great for everyone ... I guess if i were you and was at the 11th hour of my cruise  departure I would also HOPE all these post's weren't true also ....Bon Voyage!

Just thought I would let everyone know that the Engagement Desk, confirmed with the Millennium Nov 15th cruise that they will be doing our PCR test the 2nd to last day of the cruise.so happy to hear that.

Edited by If only
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1