Luggage Tags

melodyesch

This December we’ll be on our 9th (?) NCL cruise, but our first as Platinum.  Yesterday, we received luggage tags in the mail for the first time ever.  I didn’t see this on the list of the Platinum benefits, but I’m assuming that’s why?  Or just wondering if they are now doing that for everyone?

We are SOOO looking forward to it!!

I was on the Norwegian Breakaway 10/31 sailing and i got luggage tags in the mail too

i think they are doing it now for everyone to make it a bit easier for those who can not print the luggage tags and it helps the porters at the terminal 

I got luggage tags in the mail yesterday for our Dec 12 crusie, Bliss, MR trip.  We are still a few points away from Platinum, will achieve that status on this next cruise. Yay!  So, it appears as though, currently, NCL is sending these nice tags to everyone. Hoping this continues. 

44 minutes ago, numberguy said:

We got ours a while ago for our Nov 24 sailing, and there was an accompanying letter talking about the new check-in procedures, so I was thinking they were using the check-in letter was a vehicle for the luggage tags.

I agree.  I think they want to make sure everyone receives the check-in information. 

Nice to get the tags😎

1 hour ago, numberguy said:

We got ours a while ago for our Nov 24 sailing, and there was an accompanying letter talking about the new check-in procedures, so I was thinking they were using the check-in letter was a vehicle for the luggage tags.

Oops.  Literally just threw mine in trash because I received an upgrade.  I didn't realize there was information in there I might need to read.  Thanks for the heads up!

Our cruise party in October was Gold and Bronze.  All received the tags.  I like them because I don't need to pack a stapler for the paper ones.  Our rooms changed due to an upgrade, but I just printed sticky labels with the new room information and stuck them on the nice Vinyl NCL tags.  All worked well. 

5 hours ago, kdmbluerzr said:

So, it appears as though, currently, NCL is sending these nice tags to everyone.

Not sure that's true.  We were on the Oct. 24 Breakaway sailing (and are Platinum+ in case anyone thinks that matters, which I don't think it does), and did not get tags in the mail.  OTOH, we booked two weeks out, so perhaps that was too late for them.  In any event, our luggage, with the tags printed off on our printer, made it safely on board. 😉

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Not sure that's true.  We were on the Oct. 24 Breakaway sailing (and are Platinum+ in case anyone thinks that matters, which I don't think it does), and did not get tags in the mail.  OTOH, we booked two weeks out, so perhaps that was too late for them.  In any event, our luggage, with the tags printed off on our printer, made it safely on board. 😉

I think that's your answer--we received our tags long before three weeks out, because the enclosed letter discussed the new check-in procedures.  As you booked two weeks out, you had to do the items related to Health and Safety when you booked.  There was no need to tell you about the procedures, and they may not have been able to get them to you in time.

--Michael

10 hours ago, melodyesch said:

This December we’ll be on our 9th (?) NCL cruise, but our first as Platinum.  Yesterday, we received luggage tags in the mail for the first time ever.  I didn’t see this on the list of the Platinum benefits, but I’m assuming that’s why?  Or just wondering if they are now doing that for everyone?

We are SOOO looking forward to it!!

Have a wonderful cruise!!!

NCL has been mailing out more luggage tags for ports where there are typically back-ups with porters. This is an attempt to reduce crowding and allowing for social distancing at bag drop-off (i.e., many people show up without tags and things back up as the porters have to hand write tags). 

• Like 1

Just received my Haven letter and luggage tags yesterday for our Dec 12 cruise on the Breakaway. This is our 1st NCL cruise and can't be more excited. 
Been to New Orleans before - even checked out the port terminal out of curiosity but never cruised from there. This will be a new adventure.
Now to wait for the 21 days to complete the rest of our registration, I guess. 

21 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Have a wonderful cruise!!!

NCL has been mailing out more luggage tags for ports where there are typically back-ups with porters. This is an attempt to reduce crowding and allowing for social distancing at bag drop-off (i.e., many people show up without tags and things back up as the porters have to hand write tags). 

Thanks, Bird!  I have followed you on your post-COVID cruises so far, which has greatly added to our anticipation!   

3 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Is there something special about Haven luggage tags?

I have not seen any other ones but ours are marked "Priority"  Since we have never cruised with NCL before, I can't really know if there is anything else different

• Like 1

On 11/9/2021 at 10:47 AM, julig22 said:

I got tags for my trip on the Getaway last month.  I also wondered if it was connected to platinum status (new for me as well).  But then I won an upgrade bid so didn't use them....oh well.

Same here: received them as a mere silver, then had a successful upgrade bid.

6 hours ago, krittykat said:

I have not seen any other ones but ours are marked "Priority"  Since we have never cruised with NCL before, I can't really know if there is anything else different

That's funny.  Priority baggage handling.  Will it ever end? 

Edited by RumRunner2021
  • Haha 1