LIVE FROM Enchanted Princess Inaugural Caribbean with Curaçao 11/10/2021

Mo Jito

18 minutes ago, tvlbum said:

I checked for Advanced Car Rental on the Internet and found no location in the United States or Florida.

Can you post the contact information?

Just a note that I did contact "Advance" Car Rental on Curacao and got an interesting response.  After making a point that it is nearly impossible to get a one-day rental in high season the folks at Advance said they would offer me a car for $125 (one day) delivered to the port.  We have been to Curacao and rented cars for about $60 a day.  So this company is apparently charging nearly double their normal rates for cruisers.  Another interesting tidbit is that they accept "cash only" with credit cards not being accepted.

Based on our many visits to the island we have always found early-mid December as a shoulder season (at best) with the island not overly crowded or booked.   It is nice to hear that business is so good that prices are doubled :).

Hank

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tvlbum said:

Is Princess still allowing only Princess excursions in St. Lucia, Barbados, St. Kitts and Dominica?  That was the last info we received from our PVP.   Thanks. We are on Dec 10 and Dec 20,  B2B.

We're on the same cruises.  As of 16 Nov 2021, these ports only allow Princess excursions.  Keep checking the FAQs  (https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/us-cruises/) Shore Visits and Excursions for latest update.

22 hours ago, Mo Jito said:

but the time we did the buffet for dinner we were disappointed by the lack of options. Turned out to be German night, which is not a personal favorite. Although the apple strudel with vanilla sauce was terrific. We couldn’t find anywhere that told you ahead of time if there was a theme in the buffet.

I'm very sorry you didn't like the German buffet.   It is our absolute favourite &  has been since we started cruising Princess 20 years ago and first discovered it.  I'm so glad to hear it is still offered.  We are of eastern European descent so its like grandma's cooking for us,  but I can also appreciate that it may not be to everyone's liking!!  

The themed buffets used to be listed on the patter next to the Marketplace dinner hours.  I think an early patter posted here showed the Mongolian theme, but I think that was the only one I saw - and I was looking for Bavarian night!  
Otherwise, the Head waiters have access to a list where they show the themes for each night of the cruise.  We've asked our dining room Head waiter to check for us as we plan around the schedule.  

Thanks again for all of the great info and letting us cruise along with you!  

• Like 2

Thank you for sharing and the photos of the Princess patter. Very disappointed to see literally no games shows. What a disappointment. I'm very concerned we are going to be bored with a 10 day cruise. The entertainment looks to be a bit of a snooze feast and little to no comedy. What's up with that? Is this a cruise director issue? 

24 minutes ago, Ray._.Chul said:

Thank you for sharing and the photos of the Princess patter. Very disappointed to see literally no games shows. What a disappointment. I'm very concerned we are going to be bored with a 10 day cruise. The entertainment looks to be a bit of a snooze feast and little to no comedy. What's up with that? Is this a cruise director issue? 

Probably Covid related and this is one of the first Princess ships to start back sailing in the Caribbean. I didn't check out the schedule in the posted Patters but  I'm hoping by the 20 Dec cruise there will be more activities/shows arranged.   

33 minutes ago, Ray._.Chul said:

What's up with that? Is this a cruise director issue? 

More likely an entertainment director issue. The cruise director is more of an emcee, while the entertainment director is in charge of planning all the entertainment activities on the ship. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, capriccio said:

Not only that; this is its inaugural cruise!

Have to admit I was less than impressed looking over the entertainment as well, although really looking forward to the 2 production shows. I dont see why covid or it being the first few cruises should matter, there has ben plenty of time to plan for entertainment. Still. looking forward to being on board again. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Ray._.Chul said:

It seemed to me there were plenty of game shows during the Alaska summer cruises.  

We were very happy with the entertainment….there were several comedians, a vocalist, game shows and nightly different kinds of trivia every night in Princess live….plus there were great live musical performances…..we were bust almost every night..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, macaroni said:

We were very happy with the entertainment….there were several comedians, a vocalist, game shows and nightly different kinds of trivia every night in Princess live….plus there were great live musical performances…..we were bust almost every night..

Great to hear.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ray._.Chul said:

With some ships only having 1500 people onboard they probably aren’t scheduling a lot of activities. As ships fill up there will probably more??

Edited by cruisetilidrop

8 hours ago, Ray._.Chul said:

There were quite a few game shows - Yes/No, Liars’ Club, Marriage Match (I think that’s what it’s called), plus a few fun games the cruise director’s staff created in addition to trivia. We thought the cruise director and staff were terrific.

One problem with the shortened version of the Patter is that there are no descriptions for events or performances. there was a comedian on the first night, a comic magician on another night, and a musical impressionist. And I think there was another comedian that we didn’t see. Plus the two production shows and an Aretha Franklin tribute. There was also lots of live music in the piazza, Crown Grill Bar, Take 5, and Vista lounges plus piano singer in Crooners. I will say we didn’t find a lot to do on sea days, but definitely had plenty to choose from most evenings.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Mo Jito said:

There were quite a few game shows - Yes/No, Liars’ Club, Marriage Match (I think that’s what it’s called), plus a few fun games the cruise director’s staff created in addition to trivia. We thought the cruise director and staff were terrific.

One problem with the shortened version of the Patter is that there are no descriptions for events or performances. there was a comedian on the first night, a comic magician on another night, and a musical impressionist. And I think there was another comedian that we didn’t see. Plus the two production shows and an Aretha Franklin tribute. There was also lots of live music in the piazza, Crown Grill Bar, Take 5, and Vista lounges plus piano singer in Crooners. I will say we didn’t find a lot to do on sea days, but definitely had plenty to choose from most evenings.

Good to hear that - it sounds like regular activities  we had on ships pre pandemic.

• Like 1

Was the mask requirement strictly enforced ?  I was so looking forward to our 10 day March cruise on a brand new ship to our fav Southern Caribbean itinerary!  We’ve been on 2 wonderful Celebrity cruises post pandemic-No masks for fully vaccinated guests. We are triple vaccinated. My DH hates wearing masks.  We love to dance- so mask wearing in the Piazza  and other dance venues will probably be a deal breaker. 🥲 Thanks for your inout. I love cruising! 

3 hours ago, luv4cruises said:

Was the mask requirement strictly enforced ?  I was so looking forward to our 10 day March cruise on a brand new ship to our fav Southern Caribbean itinerary!  We’ve been on 2 wonderful Celebrity cruises post pandemic-No masks for fully vaccinated guests. We are triple vaccinated. My DH hates wearing masks.  We love to dance- so mask wearing in the Piazza  and other dance venues will probably be a deal breaker. 🥲 Thanks for your inout. I love cruising! 

Strictly enforced in the buffet area. Can’t speak for other areas as that’s the only place I forgot mine. 

I suggest trying a different line. Almost everyone is wearing masks, and “sip and cover” is requested in certain venues. 

2 hours ago, luv4cruises said:

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/us-cruises/

You should watch this page. 

Currently, the Covid pandemic restrictions are extended to Feb 28,2022.  

If they are extended past that date, (and they may be -- who knows what will happen as the world is still experiencing this pandemic!) you'll find all the mask requirements and reduced activities (currently there are no large group activities including dancing)  listed there.  Princess has been updating this page frequently.     

Princess' policies are different than Celebrity's so it will be a different experience.     

1 hour ago, mph045 said:

Afternoon Tea

Was this offered daily at 3pm in one of the Main Dine Rooms?

Not sure about daily but I know they have it. 

edit: sea days only

Edited by phdiva
  • Like 1

On 11/27/2021 at 9:17 AM, luv4cruises said:

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/us-cruises/

Just got extended to March 31, 2022

• Like 2