Sideways interior cabins

Royal reassigned my cabin on Vision of the Seas due to their social distancing protocols. I am now in  #7643 which is a sideways interior cabin. Since this is a first for me in that type of interior I am wondering if anyone has stayed in one. Pictures and reviews would be very much appreciated.

28 minutes ago, Sweetsue5680 said:

Royal reassigned my cabin on Vision of the Seas due to their social distancing protocols. I am now in  #7643 which is a sideways interior cabin. Since this is a first for me in that type of interior I am wondering if anyone has stayed in one. Pictures and reviews would be very much appreciated.

Personally I like to rock side to side in bed, not head to toe, so they arent my favorite but I'm solo so dont care too much about size of the cabin. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

I think that has more to do with the motion of the waves. Could go either way, even in same sailing. 🤣

I've noticed it only when the bed is going the opposite direction. 

..and I'm not picky about much in my cabin, but I like my bed going the regular way. 

• Like 1

We stayed in a sideways cabin and it was the worst cabin we have ever sailed in. Nearly impossible to get in bed on one side. You could literally sit on the bed and open the cabin door— very small on space. No room for a loveseat or sofa, and chair was in a very awkward position, sticking out into the room that felt way too small. We now avoid that layout at all costs. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, L454S said:

We did 7 days in one on the Rhapsody deck 8. It was a bit different, but not bad. Not sure if I would book again, kind of a toss up.

DSCN5312.thumb.JPG.d58553e09d7f1510f4c169344b6c071d.JPG

Our sideways cabin on the Allure, forward, deck 10, cabin 10423, looked exactly like that.  Seems like a lot of space, but when the sleeper sofa was laid out in the bed formation, I couldn't get to the bathroom past it. So, we left it as is and the poor kiddo fell of the narrow sofa a couple of times.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, shipgeeks said:

It looks like the furniture arrangement works better if set up with two beds against side walls, to avoid the tight space at corner.

This is what I was coming here to say.  We stayed in one of these rooms and the beds were pushed against one wall. My husband has mild OCD (yes he does, not being funny, even though it can sometimes be amusing to us both😆) and cannot sleep on the other side of the bed so he placed his CPAP at the foot of the bed on the desk/shelf thing.  He just scooted to the bottom of the be when he needed to get up.  No problems.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, meadowlander said:

You can see the how close the desk is to the bed at 0:46 and later in the video, requiring a tight squeeze to pass. I remember the space on the sides of the bed being narrower than shown in the video.

We stayed in one on Grandeur that looked exactly like this. The room would've been great if the arm chair was removed from the room. It was in an awkward spot and was always in the way. I prefer the normal layout moving forward.

• Like 1

We had one on grandeur on Deck 8 just after the doors coming out of the atrium. The noise level was fine. The room was teeny, I actually had to hop over the end of the bed to get out at night. The total square footage was 124 sq  ft. We had to be very careful how we opened the door to go into the hallway because it was very obvious if somebody is was changing in there. For the right price and the right cruise we would do it again.

• Like 2

I want to thank everyone for the great info, pics and video.  It is really helpful and I will now have an idea of what we’re squeezing into 🤣. It should be interesting as I may suggest having the royal king up against the wall with a bit more space on one side.  Hubby will have to scoot LOL!

• Like 2