Neptune Suite Hors-d'œuvres

Woofbite

2 minutes ago, Woofbite said:

Is it possible to have a few mixers, a bottle of vodka and some decent snacks, (not the standard  bare shrimp, cheese/jelly stuff available as indulgences),  waiting in a suite for sailaway with 7 people?

Bottle of vodka & mixers, absolutely - just order on line on the HAL site and they will be there.

Snacks on embarkation day?  Remember things are really busy on embarkation day.    I’ve never asked - you can certainly contact HAL to ask.

Normally for the nice hors d’oeuvres you have to order the day before from the concierge.

You could easily go into the Neptune Lounge early and ask if you can get something small or take a few munchies from the lounge.

Or see if there’s something on the room service menu that suits or, just bring some munchies on board.

Just my thoughts.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Woofbite said:

Is it possible to have a few mixers, a bottle of vodka and some decent snacks, (not the standard  bare shrimp, cheese/jelly stuff available as indulgences),  waiting in a suite for sailaway with 7 people?

On embarkation day it might be tough to arrange it, but I have never tried it to be sure.  I have done this on other days and the Neptune staff did a great job.

1 hour ago, Sharon in AZ said:

You can pre-order a plate of small appetizers to be in your cabin when you embark.  I recently ordered 2 plates for 6 people and it was just the right amount.  When we got to our cabin I consolidated them to one plate and refrigerated them.

I have seen where you can pre-order them but it does not say what they include. Would you mind sharing what they consisted of?

thank you

1 hour ago, triiip42 said:

I have seen where you can pre-order them but it does not say what they include. Would you mind sharing what they consisted of?

thank you

Darn, I really wish I had taken a better picture. There were 6 on each plate. 

E35C6937-B2FC-4689-8CA0-6FC464CD7994.jpeg.cc2fe7d3cf1bc26828a42ae907e6a4cd.jpeg

I zoomed in on this, hopefully you can see them. Shrimp with a dollop of cocktail sauce underneath, cheese (I think it was Brie) on a cracker, and a pate type with a cornichon pickle on a cracker. We ordered two for 6 people. I’m sure you could supplement with some extra canapés from the Neptune Lounge also. 

I was very pleased with them and I’m doing it again next month. 

Edited by Sharon in AZ
  • Thanks 1

The Concierge in the Neptune Lounge has an appetizer menu from which you can order but most just ask for either hot or cold without checking the menu.

Although not on the menu, my Neptune Suite daily order was chicken wings (6 full) with three for immediate consumption and three for the minibar for late night snack.  Below are three days of choices from my last Neptune Suite.

image.thumb.png.8bd0a2e8f3bdccf198d66e4172b7384b.png

image.thumb.png.fb081e10acdbc84c67aea7e790b4c984.pngimage.thumb.png.bf443779fe7c05a7b69e62b5159e9a59.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crew News said:

The Concierge in the Neptune Lounge has an appetizer menu from which you can order but most just ask for either hot or cold without checking the menu.

Although not on the menu, my Neptune Suite daily order was chicken wings (6 full) with three for immediate consumption and three for the minibar for late night snack.  Below are three days of choices from my last Neptune Suite.

image.thumb.png.8bd0a2e8f3bdccf198d66e4172b7384b.png

image.thumb.png.fb081e10acdbc84c67aea7e790b4c984.pngimage.thumb.png.bf443779fe7c05a7b69e62b5159e9a59.png

Are these complimentary for Neptune suite guests?