The Daily for Thursday November 18, 2021

richwmn

Today is International Guinness World Records Day, Occult Day, and National Rural Health Day

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth - and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up, we will then begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had."

Meal suggestion for today - Ginger Garlic Chicken Ramen

Drink of the Day - Bull Shot

Wine of the day - Casanova di Neri Brunello di Montalcino 2012

Destination of the Day - Scrabster Scotland United Kingdom

Ships with Passengers

Half Moon Cay
Eurodam
Nieuw Amsterdam Bahamas 07:00 - 17:00

Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, Mexico Riviera
Koningsdam 08:00 - 21:00

Saint Thomas Island, Charlotte Amalie, USVI
Rotterdam 08:00 - 17:00

Ships without Passengers

At Sea Pacific
Westerdam Destination La Paz MX eta 11/21

Corfu GR
Volendam
Zaandam

Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida
Nieuw Statendam

Freeport BS
Noordam

La Paz MX
Zuiderdam Anchorage

Scheveningen NL
Oosterdam Anchorage

1118Europe.thumb.png.f3074fcfe1cfa8e28c669f3fe6ec2608.png

1118NAmerica.thumb.png.4ef8ae1448cd3c4f4d06ed393f60c186.png

• Like 29
  • Thanks 9

Good morning everyone and thanks for our daily report.  Nice collection of days today, especially important is rural health day.  Today’s quote is one reason that I’m considering early retirement so that I can visit some of the ports that I haven’t been to, like today’s .  Probably have to pass on today’s meal suggestion as it sounds a bit carby. Prayers for everyone on today’s prayer list.  🥂🍾 for everyone celebrating a happy event today. 

• Like 23

Good morning, everyone.  

I have an early pool reservation so I am up with the birds this morning.  Actually, I think I beat them.

I will celebrate Rural Health Day.  In the work I do for my organization I met the only doctor in one of Ohio's southern counties.  Some of the people in southeast Ohio have to drive over an hour to see a doctor.  

Today's meal is one that would make a nice lunch on a cold winter day.  Or a cold fall day.  

https://bestrecipefinder.com/ginger-garlic-chicken-ramen/

Ginger-Garlic-Chicken-Ramen.jpg.967702a652fc410b2414e7668ca1de5e.jpg

This one spices things up for those who like a bite to their dishes.  I know I do.  

https://whatsfordinner.com/recipes/chicken-ramen-soup/

Chicken-Ramen-Soup-960x540.jpg.d8c095dc73c57e6f38944ac427e73246.jpg

This one uses chicken thighs, but you can stick to chicken breasts if you prefer white meat.  The site gives some great suggestions for time savers.   https://www.thechunkychef.com/ginger-glazed-chicken-ramen/Ginger-Glazed-Chicken-Ramen-pin.thumb.jpg.4316f57eae5c8873ab6ec945d755b785.jpg

I hope everyone has a great day and that Roy gets to come home.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 9

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our Thursday smile 🙂 

Interesting collection of days.  Lots of people try to make the Guiness World Records and Rural Health is so important and needed.

The meal sounds good but we’ve had too much chicken lately so I will have to come up with something else tonight I think. 😉   We’ve been to Scotland but not the port of today.  Looking forward to pictures.

Well, the weatherman lied to us again.  I was expecting rain - that was in the forecast - but what is this white stuff on the ground???  Hopefully it turns to rain and is washed away.  I go kicking and screaming into winter.

38DD52F7-F4DE-4559-BDDB-0D2CF4862F50.jpeg.96956973d25e5e253e94855953433af8.jpeg

So sad for all those poor people and animals in B.C.  It’s horrific.  So many are cut off and stranded 💔   From Abbotsford, B.C.

D6550AF1-FEFB-47C0-AFF5-C494C64F2C3B.jpeg.a44918e886bba5ecb0b5807b1b2097f6.jpeg

Today’s care list:

Welfare of furloughed crews

Flooding, evacuation, destruction & lost lives in Washington, Oregon   and British Columbia

Town in B.C. sheltering evacuees running out of food & supplies

Those trapped in the Agassiz/Hope mudslide areas & flooded areas awaiting rescue & evacuation

rafinmd in hospital, culture for infection & undergoing radiation treatment

kakalina with spreading lung cancer going into hospice

mamaofami for all the strength she has needed for this difficult time

StLouisCruisers friend John with end stage melanoma

cat shepard’s friend recovering from aggressive chemo but at least back home

Seasick sailor’s friend Walker wthdrawing from cancer treatments

USN59-79 with kidney stone

grapau27’s wait for surgery

ger_77’s SIL’s valve surgery

JazzyV’s best friends MOHS surgery on Nov. 30th

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

4 BHB with passengers

Front Line Health Care Workers

The wonderful community of Hope, B.C. sheltering & feeding those who were trapped on the highway & have been able to be rescued

Norseh20 at sea (Oceania Marina to 12/1)

Search and Rescue teams going above & beyond to save whom they can

Quartzite Cruiser (Koningsdam till 12/12), dobiemom & LAFFNVEGAS (NCL Bliss to 11/21), Lady Hudson (Anthen OTS to 11/21)and Sea Viewer (Allure OTS to 11/21)

RSWBADGER & NCTribefan enjoying the Eurodam

Irishjim’s wife, Sheila improving

57redbird covid negative and surgery scheduled for November 29

Staff Captain Sabine - officially onboard & introduced. - Our first female staff captain

My excitement for today is my flu shot - LOL.  Probably the best appointment I have had for the week 😂 

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Thursday everyone !!!!!!

D2745178-97A6-4684-A5D2-4A0CA7F71378.jpeg.57954483c4a7a5497bf1dcb87d27cf9a.jpeg

Stay safe & please don’t forget your 😷 

• Like 28
  • Thanks 13

5 minutes ago, seagarsmoker said:

Thanks for the Daily Report!  

Probably won't be here tomorrow as we have an early flight to Ft Lauderdale, then cruise on Saturday.

We will be on aft deck for CC get together for anyone here for Sail Away! 🙂 

Bon Voyage 🚢 Have a great cruise 🙂 

• Like 14

Good Morning everyone! Thank you Rich for the Daily Report, and thank you Jacqui for the Cares and Celebrations Report. And thank you everyone for caring and sharing! 

We live in area that borders on being rural with a really fantastic community hospital. That was one of the things that brought us to this area to retire. Recently they became a member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network. Hopefully they will never be swallowed up by one of the For-Profit HealthCare systems. 

• Like 24

Good morning.I can happily support Rural Health Day and world records but 12 years of Catholic school makes me wary of the occult. I like the quote and the recipe but we are tired of chicken here and I will make something else.

We went to the port on a British Isles cruise with DB and DSIL. DB and I went on a hike together and I hope he took pictures.It was breathtakingly beautiful high on a cliff overlooking the ocean .I do remember the vertical climb back down to the Prinsendam as a little scary.

Terry

• Like 25

Good afternoon.

It is currently 62°F and partly cloudy here in NE England.

Thank you for today's daily Rich.

Very interesting days.

We both believe in ESP and the afterlife.

Pauline particularly has seen things and been to several spiritual mediums where they have said things it was impossible for anyone else to know.

We were in a hotel before our 40th wedding anniversary cruise in August and we were both instantly woken at 5.02am by a strange women's voice saying hello in my right and Pauline's left ear.

We both quickly sat up and Pauline was amazed when I said what I heard because normally I hear nothing.

Today's quote is excellent and so true and why we all should make the most of every day.

Nice food and drink.

Today's port is really a Ferry port to the Orkney Islands.

Prayers for everyone who need them.

I hope everyone has a lovely safe day.

Take care.

Graham.

Screenshot_20211118_123725.jpg

• Like 20
  • Thanks 4

47 minutes ago, dfish said:

Good morning, everyone.  

I have an early pool reservation so I am up with the birds this morning.  Actually, I think I beat them.

I will celebrate Rural Health Day.  In the work I do for my organization I met the only doctor in one of Ohio's southern counties.  Some of the people in southeast Ohio have to drive over an hour to see a doctor.  

Today's meal is one that would make a nice lunch on a cold winter day.  Or a cold fall day.  

https://bestrecipefinder.com/ginger-garlic-chicken-ramen/

Ginger-Garlic-Chicken-Ramen.jpg.967702a652fc410b2414e7668ca1de5e.jpg

This one spices things up for those who like a bite to their dishes.  I know I do.  

https://whatsfordinner.com/recipes/chicken-ramen-soup/

Chicken-Ramen-Soup-960x540.jpg.d8c095dc73c57e6f38944ac427e73246.jpg

This one uses chicken thighs, but you can stick to chicken breasts if you prefer white meat.  The site gives some great suggestions for time savers.   https://www.thechunkychef.com/ginger-glazed-chicken-ramen/Ginger-Glazed-Chicken-Ramen-pin.thumb.jpg.4316f57eae5c8873ab6ec945d755b785.jpg

I hope everyone has a great day and that Roy gets to come home.

Thank you for today's and every day's gorgeous food photos Debbie.

Graham.

• Like 14

40 minutes ago, kazu said:

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our Thursday smile 🙂 

Interesting collection of days.  Lots of people try to make the Guiness World Records and Rural Health is so important and needed.

The meal sounds good but we’ve had too much chicken lately so I will have to come up with something else tonight I think. 😉   We’ve been to Scotland but not the port of today.  Looking forward to pictures.

Well, the weatherman lied to us again.  I was expecting rain - that was in the forecast - but what is this white stuff on the ground???  Hopefully it turns to rain and is washed away.  I go kicking and screaming into winter.

38DD52F7-F4DE-4559-BDDB-0D2CF4862F50.jpeg.96956973d25e5e253e94855953433af8.jpeg

So sad for all those poor people and animals in B.C.  It’s horrific.  So many are cut off and stranded 💔   From Abbotsford, B.C.

D6550AF1-FEFB-47C0-AFF5-C494C64F2C3B.jpeg.a44918e886bba5ecb0b5807b1b2097f6.jpeg

Today’s care list:

Welfare of furloughed crews

Flooding, evacuation, destruction & lost lives in Washington, Oregon   and British Columbia

Town in B.C. sheltering evacuees running out of food & supplies

Those trapped in the Agassiz/Hope mudslide areas & flooded areas awaiting rescue & evacuation

rafinmd in hospital, culture for infection & undergoing radiation treatment

kakalina with spreading lung cancer going into hospice

mamaofami for all the strength she has needed for this difficult time

StLouisCruisers friend John with end stage melanoma

cat shepard’s friend recovering from aggressive chemo but at least back home

Seasick sailor’s friend Walker wthdrawing from cancer treatments

USN59-79 with kidney stone

grapau27’s wait for surgery

ger_77’s SIL’s valve surgery

JazzyV’s best friends MOHS surgery on Nov. 30th

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

4 BHB with passengers

Front Line Health Care Workers

The wonderful community of Hope, B.C. sheltering & feeding those who were trapped on the highway & have been able to be rescued

Norseh20 at sea (Oceania Marina to 12/1)

Search and Rescue teams going above & beyond to save whom they can

Quartzite Cruiser (Koningsdam till 12/12), dobiemom & LAFFNVEGAS (NCL Bliss to 11/21), Lady Hudson (Anthen OTS to 11/21)and Sea Viewer (Allure OTS to 11/21)

RSWBADGER & NCTribefan enjoying the Eurodam

Irishjim’s wife, Sheila improving

57redbird covid negative and surgery scheduled for November 29

Staff Captain Sabine - officially onboard & introduced. - Our first female staff captain

My excitement for today is my flu shot - LOL.  Probably the best appointment I have had for the week 😂 

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Thursday everyone !!!!!!

D2745178-97A6-4684-A5D2-4A0CA7F71378.jpeg.57954483c4a7a5497bf1dcb87d27cf9a.jpeg

Stay safe & please don’t forget your 😷 

Thank you Jacqui for doing today's lists and your daily pick me up jokes and meme's.

Graham.

• Like 16

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich. Today’s quote is one I try to follow.

Thank you for taking care of our lists, Jacqui!

Thinking of you Roy, hope those antibiotics do the trick & you head home today.

Morning Dailyite family! @grapau27, Graham, I am so sorry you have to wait longer for your surgery. But at least the consultant did not think there was any emergency. 
Welcome to the Daily @Cat in my lap!

The clouds have moved in, and we might get a bit of rain. The meal looks great.  Off to the gym.

@ger_77, this one is for you.

3D64132F-8954-4551-B210-1532B8388E92.jpeg.ab8ef972706082483d37a0032f4a6233.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Casanova di Neri Brunello di Montalcino 2012
Today’s wine might be a bit elusive & expensive - the cheapest price I found was $74.99. But since all released vintages share the same excellent ratings, pick one of those up - most of them were under $50. Though you might need to hold anything after 2014 for a few years. 

Winemaker Notes

#4 Wine Spectator Top 100 of 2017

Casanova di Neri proudly produces the White Label Brunello since 1978. The winery's passion and love for the land and their own distinctive Sangiovese joined together to make a wine that stands out for elegance, finesse, high quality and long ageing potential.

The prevailing features of 2012 Brunello di Montalcino are balance and finesse, which are supported by a long and velvety finish and an intense red fruit bouquet. This wine is already showing its pleasantness despite the long ageing potential.

WS95 Wine Spectator
Effusive aromas and flavors of raspberry, cherry, floral, mineral and tobacco are at the center of this linear, vibrant red. Well-structured, this offers terrific length on the sinewy finish. Best from 2020 through 2035.
RP93 Robert Parker's Wine Advocate
Casanova di Neri is one of the shining stars of Montalcino. Each successive vintage released brings us renewed understanding of the focus and the dedication demonstrated by the father and son team that operates this estate. The winemaking style is impeccable and elaborate. There's a higher degree of texture and richness on display, and this is not often the case with Sangiovese. The 2012 Brunello di Montalcino opens to thick layers of dark fruit, mocha, spice, leather, cigar box and pipe tobacco. A distant note of dried fruit or blackberry confit adds softness and sweetness. 
JS92 James Suckling
A wine with balance and finesse as well as a solid core of fruit that leads to a long and silky finish. Just the right combination of subtle ripe fruit and balsamic-vinegar undertones. So pretty. Drink or hold.
Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 5

39 minutes ago, seagarsmoker said:

Thanks for the Daily Report!  

Probably won't be here tomorrow as we have an early flight to Ft Lauderdale, then cruise on Saturday.

We will be on aft deck for CC get together for anyone here for Sail Away! 🙂 

I hope you have a nice flight and absolutely fantastic cruise 

Graham.

• Like 13

3 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich. Today’s quote is one I try to follow.

Thank you for taking care of our lists, Jacqui!

Thinking of you Roy, hope those antibiotics do the trick & you head home today.

Morning Dailyite family! @grapau27, Graham, I am so sorry you have to wait longer for your surgery. But at least the consultant did not think there was any emergency. 

The clouds have moved in, and we might get a bit of rain. The meal looks great.  Off to the gym.

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Casanova di Neri Brunello di Montalcino 2012
Today’s wine might be a bit elusive & expensive - the cheapest price I found was $74.99. But since all released vintages share the same excellent ratings, pick one of those up - most of them were under $50. Though you might need to hold anything after 2014 for a few years. 

Winemaker Notes

#4 Wine Spectator Top 100 of 2017

Casanova di Neri proudly produces the White Label Brunello since 1978. The winery's passion and love for the land and their own distinctive Sangiovese joined together to make a wine that stands out for elegance, finesse, high quality and long ageing potential.

The prevailing features of 2012 Brunello di Montalcino are balance and finesse, which are supported by a long and velvety finish and an intense red fruit bouquet. This wine is already showing its pleasantness despite the long ageing potential.

WS95 Wine Spectator
Effusive aromas and flavors of raspberry, cherry, floral, mineral and tobacco are at the center of this linear, vibrant red. Well-structured, this offers terrific length on the sinewy finish. Best from 2020 through 2035.
RP93 Robert Parker's Wine Advocate
Casanova di Neri is one of the shining stars of Montalcino. Each successive vintage released brings us renewed understanding of the focus and the dedication demonstrated by the father and son team that operates this estate. The winemaking style is impeccable and elaborate. There's a higher degree of texture and richness on display, and this is not often the case with Sangiovese. The 2012 Brunello di Montalcino opens to thick layers of dark fruit, mocha, spice, leather, cigar box and pipe tobacco. A distant note of dried fruit or blackberry confit adds softness and sweetness. 
JS92 James Suckling
A wine with balance and finesse as well as a solid core of fruit that leads to a long and silky finish. Just the right combination of subtle ripe fruit and balsamic-vinegar undertones. So pretty. Drink or hold.

Thank you so much for your kind sentiments.

Graham.

• Like 9

Update on Roy - sadly last night was not a good night for him.  He think he pulled a chest muscle coughing.  It’s a bit better today but still sore.

He’s hoping the culture will be back later today and there will be a definitive plan.  Hopefully it happens 🙏🏻 

I am not sure if he will be posting or not - if he does forgive my duplicate report.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 27

Good Morning from an overcast but warm day at the beach

Not a believer of the occult, in fact it scares me. Love the quote, so true. You have to enjoy each day because you just never know.

Have not been to todays port but Scotland is on the list. When we retired a few years ago, we had this plan to take long cruises. Never could manage anything beyond 14 days and that was a push while we were both working. We had 3 great trips booked, beginning in April of 2020. Well we all know what happened. Now I feel we need to hurry and make up time!

We did get to the S Pacific in 2019. Fabulous trip. If you have not been and get the chance, GO.

Making my shopping list for Thanksgiving today. Only going to be 8 of us so it will be easy.

Stay safe and enjoy today

• Like 22

Good morning, Friends. Thank you for the Daily, the Lists and the Recipes.

Interesting collection of days. Rural healthcare is so very important. I love the quote and the meal sounds great.

Prayers for all the flood and landside victims and for families who have lost loved ones.

More painting and tiling today. We started cleaning up downstairs and will continue doing that through the weekend. (It became a drop area for tools, bins of stuff waiting for their homes to be put in place, ex. vanities, etc....)

Have a great day.

🙏 and 🎉 for those on our lists.

• Like 23

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily report.  Today’s meal suggestion sounds good. DM got her Moderna booster shot on Tuesday and spend yesterday in bed since she didn’t feel well.  The first two doses didn’t have any side effects.  I’m waiting to hear how she’s doing today.  I have to laugh at DH.  He had to check himself into our December cruise, for some reason I couldn’t do it for him, he loudly complained at how much was involved.  I merely stated that was normal.  He had no idea.  @rafinmd I hope today is a much better day for you.  I hope that everyone has a good day today.

• Like 22
  • Haha 3