Staterooms over Vista Lounge- noise from lounge

db51

I have booked E726 and E728 Sky Princess but after booking realised the Vista Lounge is directly below. Can anyone who has been in these rooms on Sky (or Majestic or Regal or Royal) let me know if there are any noise problems apart from the normal back of ship ones? 

6 hours ago, db51 said:

Thank you - Also on the deck plan is says the mini suites are only 233 in area but they look bigger - are the measurements on princess website wrong?

They are wrong. Those balconies are really small but the cabins are beautiful and spacious. Loved the bathtub and the handheld shower heads. Two TV's with lots of movies, live News, etc. Interactive can order food and drinks via the TV.The balcony is totally uncovered but it didn't bother us.

On 11/18/2021 at 6:57 AM, db51 said:

I have booked E726 and E728 Sky Princess but after booking realised the Vista Lounge is directly below. Can anyone who has been in these rooms on Sky (or Majestic or Regal or Royal) let me know if there are any noise problems apart from the normal back of ship ones? 

I as well booked E728 for a 14 day cruise. I have spent many hours researching the noise and other than cruzsnooze comments I felt quite comfortable with my choice. It of course is on my mind and now I am a little concerned. I cannot believe that princess would (could )charge what they do for this cabin if we are listening to bass music every night until midnight. If this is the case I will lose my mind. So cruzsnooze could you please tell us which cabin you were in?

1 hour ago, IEHL said:

I as well booked E728 for a 14 day cruise. I have spent many hours researching the noise and other than cruzsnooze comments I felt quite comfortable with my choice. It of course is on my mind and now I am a little concerned. I cannot believe that princess would (could )charge what they do for this cabin if we are listening to bass music every night until midnight. If this is the case I will lose my mind. So cruzsnooze could you please tell us which cabin you were in?

I don't remember which ship I was over the lounge but it was the last mini suite on deck 8 

13 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

The port side cabins on Emerald deck 8 were noisy and I wouldn't stay there. It may be ok when the sailings are at low capacity but when full capacity and the band plays late the bass is quite audible and annoying.

Same with us....we were on a TA and had a mini over the stage in Vista lounge.....you definitely felt the bass and could hear music slightly below....then in the morning they did Zumba in that lounge....more bass....I researched the cabin and it bothered some and not others....for us the thumping at night was annoying......

21 hours ago, IEHL said:

When is your cruise - mine is March 28 2022,  perhaps whoever goes first can tell the other what it was like - we are in E728 with our daughters in E 726 - unfortunately there aren’t any other side by side suite/balcony’s left on that cruise.

2 hours ago, db51 said:

When is your cruise - mine is March 28 2022,  perhaps whoever goes first can tell the other what it was like - we are in E728 with our daughters in E 726 - unfortunately there aren’t any other side by side suite/balcony’s left on that cruise.

Yes please, if you could report back on your experience it would be much appreciated . We are sailing June 11, 22. All the suites have been sold out for months. Enjoy your vacation!

• 1 year later...

Reviving this thread because the cabin reviews thread didn't have the information I was looking for... we're booked on the Discovery, E731, after a successful upgrade bid. Anyone have strong opinions either way about the Vista Lounge noise on this ship? Even experiences with the same room on the Enchanted would be helpful.

The deck plan tells me it's the cabin immediately to the left of the starboard corner suite.

I was worried about the same thing, but we were directly above it?

No noise, Starboard side.  We fretted for nothing.

However our next door neighbors were obviously very hard of hearing and

would crank up their tv at all times.  After they kept doing that, including

when their patio door was open?  We heard every explosion from the movies they were watching.

I left them a note and asked to please turn down Vol., and close patio door when tv on.

It got better after that, thank goodness.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, thehowlingroad said:

Reviving this thread because the cabin reviews thread didn't have the information I was looking for... we're booked on the Discovery, E731, after a successful upgrade bid. Anyone have strong opinions either way about the Vista Lounge noise on this ship? Even experiences with the same room on the Enchanted would be helpful.

The deck plan tells me it's the cabin immediately to the left of the starboard corner suite.

You will get only two answers.  It was either the most horrible experience of their life or not even noticeable.  YMMV  

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, sonomaphil said:

You will get only two answers.  It was either the most horrible experience of their life or not even noticeable.  YMMV  

I once made the mistake of booking a room below Lido and it was annoying but not unmanageable with earplugs. I can see this being a similar situation, but can also see light sleepers/early sleepers absolutely hating it.