La Paz MX
Zuiderdam Anchorage

Scheveningen NL
Oosterdam Anchorage

1121NAmerica.thumb.png.a4da8103780affe3404a4a3811d86ffa.png

1121Europe.thumb.png.7d86ecfd5bc5a0df92f6e14ce84223f2.png

• Like 28
  • Thanks 13

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily Report.

Hello everyone!  🙂   Not a fan of gingerbread.  Thank you to all those who have adopted children.

Great quote.

The meal sounds interesting, looking forward to seeing the recipe.

I'm sure the drink and wine will be good too.

I haven't been to today's port, we were supposed to visit on our 2020 cruise, but, we all know that  did not happen.  Oh well, maybe we'll get there yet.  Thanks in advance for all the pictures and comments that will be posted.

We've got a snow squall watch so I think I'll stay in today.  Bertie and I will go for a walk in a little while when the sun comes up.

Prayers for everyone.

Stay safe.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for the Sunday Daily, Rich.  Like Gingerbread.  Locally we celebrated Adoption Day Yesterday with a big mass adoption in Baltimore.  I'd like to get on a ship and say Hello to the world again.  Love Eleanor Roosevelt's quote.  I've been to Istanbul but it was by train.  I'll pass on the meal.  I have radiation this morning due to two days off at Thanksgiving.  I'm posting the entire Care Rotation today since it hasn't been posted for a while.  Please let me know of any errors or omissions.  Thank you to @kazu for filling in for me.

Today’s care list:

Welfare of furloughed crews
Seasick Sailor’s friend Walker wthdrawing from cancer treatments
Seasick Sailor friend DH dying although a blessing
NW and BC flooding, mudslides, and people trapped between closures with diminishing supplies
kakalina with spreading lung cancer in hospice
SrLouisCruisers friend John with end stage melanoma
SrLouisCruiser awaiting MOHL results
cat shepard’s friend recovering from aggressive chemo but at least back home
Cruzin Terri’s loss of her BIL in October and prayers for the strength they need to carry on
Strenght for Mamaofami
JazzyV eye issues
From the rotation:
Grapau27 awaiting MOHS surgery
rafinmd undergoing radiation
My travel agent with an esophageal blockage
Mamaofami’s friend in hospice
HAL Sailor DH health issues
cunnorl DH sister recovering from stroke
LaPalma
NextOne  DDIL with long haul Covid
57re-dbird DH awaiting November 29 prostate surgery
JazzyV’s best friends MOHS surgery on Nov. 30th

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

5 BHB with passengers
Nieuw Statendam and Rotterdam tiogether in Everglades until Everglades sailaway
Front Line Health Care Workers
Bon Voyage  jimgev
Welcome home horizonchaser1657
Quartzite Cruiser (Koningsdam to 12/12, RSWBADGER & NCTribefan (Eurodam),  Overhead Fred & Cruise Suzy(NA),  and Norseh20 at sea (Oceania Marina to 12/1)
Quartzite Cruiser (Koningsdam till 12/12), dobiemom (NCL Bliss to 11/21), Lady Hudson (Anthen OTS to 11/21)and Sea Viewer (Allure OTS to 11/21) at sea
Welcome home dobiemom, Lady Hudson, and Sea Viewer
Staff Captain Sabine - officially onboard & introduced. - Our first female staff captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 28
  • Thanks 12

Good Sunday morning everyone, thanks for the daily report Rich.  Hello world.  It’s that gingerbread time of year.  While it can be a challenge, I know of many adoption

success stories.  Chicken soup here today so the recipe will have to wait. I’ll try a rum swizzle next June when we head to Bermuda for the first time.  I like today’s quote very much.  We’re getting our Covid boosters later this morning so wish me luck.  Prayers for everyone on today’s prayer list.  Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events today!

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Great to see you back keeping our lists, Roy! Jacqui @kazu thank you for taking care of us during Roy’s ordeal. 

Lovely morning here. Lots of projects focused on getting ready for the Holiday.  I have been to today’s destination! My first HAL cruise!

A couple of iconic images…

F01AF5D0-9458-4683-910B-74DF74BE3035.jpeg.c4697ac6aab7931aece757285e79bd65.jpeg

26720267-B7E2-4EF8-9E4B-6C20F114A485.jpeg.0a53f11a28c93a3c0a1174e61f4acd68.jpeg

And perhaps a couple lesser known images from the Cisterns. 

ABAC4EDE-5E2E-4558-BF64-407264E1DF14.thumb.jpeg.05871abceb0d8a5c600a190504bb97f2.jpeg

90FED4A3-CDC7-4933-BBE3-CA6372324B61.jpeg.c4317813bccf00a0693e468bbc01c1f8.jpeg

Off to the gym. No clue what’s for dinner. 

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Caliterra Chardonnay

An easy to find everyday Chardonnay. Good rating from consumers and Wine Enthusiast. Numerous online distributors with prices starting at $10.99.

Winemaker notes

A bright and lovely golden-yellow color with greenish rims, this wine displays elegance and freshness on the nose. Fruity aromas of mango and Williams pear are a nice counterpart to its citric and mineral notes. Well balanced and mineral, with delicious acidity and good persistence on the palate, the freshness and vivacity of this wine make it an ideal companion for your everyday life.

• Like 28
  • Thanks 7

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our Sunday smile 🙂 

Great collection of days.  National Adoption Day is so important to raise awareness of the need for foster parents and adoptive parents and appreciate them.  It’s that time of the year for Gingerbread and to start building our gingerbread houses 😉 

78DF8645-716A-4A41-BD7A-F0519DBCA499.jpeg.8a68a055d628e3a722774af155f449d7.jpeg

Love the quote by Eleanor Roosevelt.  The meal sounds intriguing.  Pretty sure I’ve had the wine of today on a BHB.  

We were lucky enough to get to Istanbul on our Black Sea segment on the Elegant Explorer.  It was an absolutely wonderful day there.  For those that haven’t been to Turkey, the tulip actually comes from there - not the Netherlands.  Some tulip bulbs were gifted to the Netherlands  & the rest is history.  Tulip symbols abound everywhere in Istanbul.

We have a big storm moving in here with huge warnings.  Supposed to be rain and high winds. Hopefully it doesn’t turn to snow.  Some people around here are tempting the snow 😉 

ADFB55DE-E413-4060-A16C-B9F868D1535B.jpeg.b7002895e5507869378ab1e8691c3beb.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out List.

Have a great Sunday, everyone !!!!!!

556CBE0E-92E2-4F0F-97F1-1179B334D640.thumb.jpeg.7a6c89c06efcd74ef203a7cda74e594d.jpeg

Stay safe & please don’t forget your 😷 

• Like 32
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 6

Good morning, Friends. Thank you for the Daily, the Lists and the Recipes.

I try to smile wave, nod or say hello to everyone. I love gingerbread. I am very grateful for adoption as I am an adoptee who had very loving parents. Also, at a horrible time in my life I had to make the decision to give my baby up for adoption. (He has wonderful parents and we have been in contact and spent time together over the 28 years.)

Allergies attacked my eyes Friday to the point I could barely read Friday. It took me all day off and on to read the Daily. Yesterday I couldn't read at all...I tried a few posts and never finished. Today the allergies are moving from eyes to ears and nose. At least I can read as I missed visiting with you all.

I love the quote. The meal sounds great, but I won't be cooking today as we are going to Home Depot, then to get DH's hair cut and will pick up take out just after noon. We will have that and watch football to celebrate our anniversary. Not our normal way of celebrating, but it allows us to keep working in preparation for mid week arrival of family.

At some point, maybe not until tonight or tomorrow, I will go back and read yesterday's Daily.

Have a blessed Sunday.

🙏 and 🎉 for those on our lists.

• Like 33
  • Thanks 2

Good Morning. Thanks for the daily. Ray, it is good to see you back doing the lists. Thank you for your work on that and thank you Jacqui for filling in.

We have a day of scattered showers here. Getting ready to leae for the cruise port.

Stay safe everyone

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily report.  I’m a big fan of gingerbread cookies.  I like to say hello to every cat and dog that crosses my path.  I’ll pass on the meal suggestion.  I’m planning on making ham and sweet potatoes today.  The ham was on sale yesterday and the leftovers will be packaged for quick and easy weeknight meals.  I did manage to pickup most of the leaves from the yard yesterday.  Once the temperature warms up a bit I hope to clean up the hosta beds.  We only have one more week of the town picking up the leaves etc. until spring.  I’m planning on watching sail away today.  Hoping for lots of toots as the NS sets sail.  I hope that everyone has a good day today.

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning everyone! Thank you Rich for the Daily Report, and thank you Roy for the Cares and Celebrations Report. And thank you everyone for caring and sharing!

Thank you again Jacquie for filling in for Roy. And Roy good to have you back at the helm!

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon.

It is a cold 40°F and raining.

Thank you for today's daily Rich and Roy for today's lists.

Gingerbread is very popular in the UK.

It takes special people to adopt children and it's fitting they are recognised.

Interesting Quote.

Nice food but not so the drink.

Nice wine.

I said prayers for everyone on the care list at church today.

We have been to Kusadasi Turkey several times but never to Istanbul so I'm looking forward to seeing photos.

Hope everyone has a safe and nice day Graham.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

Just now, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

It is a cold 40°F and raining.

Thank you for today's daily Rich and Roy for today's lists.

Gingerbread is very popular in the UK.

It takes special people to adopt children and it's fitting they are recognised.

Interesting Quote.

Nice food but not so the drink.

Nice wine.

I said prayers for everyone on the care list at church today.

We have been to Kusadasi Turkey several times but never to Istanbul so I'm looking forward to seeing photos.

Hope everyone has a safe and nice day Graham.

@JAM37.

Happy anniversary.

Screenshot_20210822_162032.jpg

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Good morning friends and HELLO!  A salute to gingerbread day, adoption day and world hello day.  A very uplifting quote from Eleanor Roosevelt.  I'll skip the butternut squash and chicken chili.  I don't know what it is about butternut squash but I always have to say no.  There have been many butternut squash recipes lately, too.  

Happy Anniversary to @JAM37Julia and DH.  I'm sorry it's a work day for you two but I realize how excited you must be to have family coming in a few days.  Even so, it always means work to prepare.  I'm sorry to hear of your allergy issues.  It sounds pretty severe!  I hope you begin to feel better right away.   DH and I have no plans for Thanksgiving this year except to cook for ourselves.  Then in December we get to visit with family.  

How sad to see so many names mentioned on the Care list.  We have a lot of praying to do!  But the Celebration list makes us happy as we cheer on those who are having wonderful events.  Today I'm celebrating DGS's soccer team's two wins yesterday 4-0 and 3-0.  Ren scored quite a few of those goals and had some assists as well.  They play again this morning and will probably go on to an afternoon game.  They fly home from Bethesda tonight.  My godchild Lisa (who is my late sister's daughter) was in Maryland on business this week and stayed over this weekend to see my DS and his family.  Besides, she's always been a soccer fan and even played on a team as an adult.  She says she's too old now.  Lisa has always been close to my two kids as they have similar values and interests, so I'm happy to see the cousins get together again.

We were honored to take a Black Sea followed by a Holy Land cruise on the Prinsendam in 2014.  It was our first cruise on HAL and what an introduction it was!  We stayed two days in Istanbul so we got to do a lot of exploring around the city. I'll see if I can get some photos in before we leave to pick up groceries.  Back in a bit!  

Edited by StLouisCruisers
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 2

Thank you all for being here.  This thread  cheers me up.

I am adopted.  And while I have no kids of my own, I do adopt every stray cat who wanders my way.  Currently have 5 in the house and 2 outside.  

I had no interest in finding out who my real parents were, but I was interested in finding out where I came from.  Many people asked me if I was native American, so I decided to do an ancestry test.  38% Scandinavian and Danish, 30% Scottish, the rest is German.  This probably explains my love of good  Bavarian food.  LOL.  So far, no Native American Blood.  Maybe Sami?

My prayers to all who are going through hard times today.  sending warm hugs.

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone. I have two nephews who were adopted by my brother and his wife. Love today’s quote. We were on one of the HAL ships right before Christmas and they had the most beautiful gingerbread house I’ve ever seen.

Today, I slowly start organizing the house for Thanksgiving. We will be 8 people and although all the food is being delivered I have to find and make room in the refrigerator for everything since it will be coming Wednesday.

Stay well everyone,

Carol

• Like 27

Good morning.  Love anything gingerbread.  Happy to celebrate National Adoption day, as we adopted our DD.  And I try to say hello to everyone we pass.  I like the Roosevelt quote.  Will pass on the meal.  Have not been to Turkey, as always, looking forward to the photo's. 

Our lists are growing again, prayers for the care list and toasts to our celebration list.

Please continue to stay safe, social distance, and wear your mask..

Rum Swizzle:

A Rum Swizzle is a rum-based cocktail often called "Bermuda's national drink". The Royal Gazette has referred to it as "the legendary Sam swizzle...perfect for sharing and irresistible to locals and ... Wikipedia
Ingredients: 2 oz Bermuda falernum, MORE
Preparation: Mix in pitcher with crushed ice, shake vigorously until a frothing head appears. Strain into cocktail glasses. Garnish with a slice of orange and a cherry. Serves 6.
Served: On the rocks; poured over ice
Standard garnish: A slice of Orange, Cherry
Drinkware: Cocktail Glass

Screen Shot 2021-11-21 at 8.24.48 AM.png

• Like 23
  • Thanks 5

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  Hello to everyone on the Daily - this little world is a comfortable, safe space for all.  I'm not a huge fan of gingerbread, although my mom used to make a great gingerbread cake that she served with whipped cream and canned peaches on top.  I'll have to dig out that recipe and recreate it.

Like @JAM37 and @marshhawk, I was adopted by loving parents who gave me everything I needed and most of what I wanted.  They're both gone, but their memory lives on in the stories I tell my son and grandsons.  @JAM37good for you for doing the best for your son at the time by giving him up for adoption; I'm happy to hear you've had contact with him over the years. ❤️  Happy Anniversary to you & DH; an untraditional celebration, but you're together, and that's what matters.

We've been to Istanbul 3 times; in 2004 on the Prinsendam, and 2006  and 2009 on the Rotterdam.  Most of our photos are filed away on the computer somewhere, so I'll have go go hunting for them.  It's an amazing place to visit - the Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palace, the Grand Bazaar, and the Cistern.  I'd love to go back, but that isn't in the cards for the foreseeable future.

Remember that roast I was going to put into the oven yesterday?  Well, that didn't happen.  We were out early in the morning getting groceries and I finally said to DH "I'm tired of cooking every day, why don't you make dinner tonight?"  He thought it was a good idea, so I stayed away from the kitchen all day.  Oh Sweet Jesus.   The lovely roast sat in the fridge; instead my DH whipped up fried Spam smothered in green beans, tomato soup and mushroom soup, accompanied by noodles alfredo and a packaged salad.  There was so much salt on our plates that both of us were parched throughout the evening, resulting in many trips out of bed all night.  I'm exhausted, but I'm going to be cooking that dam roast myself today!   Be careful what you wish for.  Tonight we're having pot roast with veggies.  And wine.  Lots of wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  Extra prayers for @kazuwith that pending storm; hopefully you don't get drowned out, and yes, let it NOT turn into snow!  We'll raise the glasses high tonight to celebrate all on the happy list.  Stay safe, wash your hands, wear your masks, and be well.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 28
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

We arrived in Istanbul in late afternoon on Oct. 9, 2014.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLjq8wMqhIQD92nBFPbYmSN?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416780907

We had time to get off the ship and walk to a nearby hotel to borrow some wi-fi before dinner.  Thank you Nidya Hotel.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK-KkXZjlkRSBsiBuMbI6mp?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416780914

The next day we walked across the Galata Bridge to see the Topkapi Palace Museum.  See how close the boats are to the bridge?  In the background you can see Hagia Sophia's minarets.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ8jckqOQmIVj03LfJVl5Nh?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416780952

We passed many shops selling spices and Turkish delights.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIFwx_sJJpkw1Oz2v_000-b?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416780972

The Imperial Gate entrance to Topkapi Palace Museum.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIyGfTQmlWKfzcrMfGZi35u?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416781010

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIcT2HT4Z9TwBj5wlCleQW5?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416781070

We bought a Museum Pass and headed toward the Istanbul Archaeological Museum.  We checked out artifacts on the lawn and entered the Tiled Kiosk to see the pottery and tile displays.  No cameras were allowed in the Archaeological Museum.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLM2_VS9HOdqoAZ0Yci0CpZ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416781034

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJfwDCVDHFS-dbfjnI6tSuI?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416781028

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKFK5x_9nvuODuhO--mZGuq?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416781043

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKVtJsiOWgXxJdejbyZ004n?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416781052

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJXJCwb4RiFjyyQOB32M2RZ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416781053

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIAPcRteF91O7_eqicSeR5O?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416781058

Then we headed through the Gate of Salutations into the Topkapi Palace Museums which housed everything from jewelry to weapons.  One of the museums had a terrace with a fabulous view of the water.  We walked through the Palace Kitchens and the Imperial Treasury.  So much to see!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLNLmwEZ3bspVLDeK4JsAr6?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416781072

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJPaRzo-8KoWBhxTZtB5I0x?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416781081

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKzj_zdcOguRj1nMb1_XwtG?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416781087

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIlt3YflzzI1Ob7-x0YQeTN?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416781093

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI6GUaFWAPpyS-9Ngg08M_j?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416781108

Finally we went to the Harem section of the Palace Museums.  At one time it was occupied by the Sultan, his mother, wives and concubines.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLRFZySe_rYscxu-fhXT3dP?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416781126

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIuE40psvGU1ztOMvt0PKM-?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416781130

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIVKpw2Blntc7B4j6jhpM4w?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416781133

Room for a crowd!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJcs3ht2fRLphzKm5jKrCrR?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416783750

Always a nice ceiling to look at.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIrLG450SJC2lPH4wSJM5GL?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416783753

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI2JD3PcxttZir2BciwVArL?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416783711

From here we went to Hagia Sophia.  It was originally a church, then a mosque and then turned into a museum.  I will post this now and see how much time I have before we leave.  If I run out of time, someone else probably has photos of Hagia Sophia to post, or I can do some pictures later.

• Like 29
  • Thanks 5

Good Morning from a breezy but warm day at the beach

Great collection of days. Love gingerbread and butternut squash. No chili though. A big salute to Adoption Day. 

Have not been to todays port.  I say that a lot!

A very long  Care list. Prayers to all and those not on it. 

Didnt get very far on my Christmas Cards yesterday so I might try again today. It is so true what Sandi ( @StLouisCruisers) said about losing people every year, that is what caused me to stop. 

Going to do a quick walk on the beach this AM. The ocean is churning and the waves are quite big. The surfers will be out  for sure.

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning and Hello World.  Now that I have officially taken care of one thing for today, I should be good to go.  I have decided that I no longer wish to put up with those Minnesota winters so I have moved south.  Well South Dakota anyway, so not much difference, the big difference is Minnesota actually had trees.    I am originally from SD so it is moving back home again to the prairie.  There are no cruise ships leaving from here, but then there weren't too many leaving from Minnesota either.   Glad to see Roy back and posting our lists again.  Thanks  to Kazu for always being there to help out for all of us when the need is there.  Hope your storm is not a bad one.

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1