Cruise planner sale today - Monday, 11/22/21

Peak city

I checked the total of my cart yesterday and it was $988.  Today it's $1033.  I'm gonna wait until Cyber Monday.  That said, how much is it normally for a sparkling water?  Or a bottled water?  The refreshment package or soda package might be worth it for me...

46 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

And it might be the only item which is the same price online and on the ship.

It's funny.  I have a few cruises booked and the coffee card is always $41.23 CAD.  For the first time, I'm seeing it as $39.19 CAD on March Oasis sailing.  Not sure if it's actually cheaper (by a whole $2.04) or if they just did an adjustment on the USD to CAD exchange on that sailing and not others.  Aside from that, it never seems to be on sale.

Edited by LuCruise

3 hours ago, TennisCruiser62 said:

I saw The Key dropped a little, but can anyone tell me what choice departure is? Can i get off the ship as late as i want? Also, under the Key it did not list free room service and 25% off all dining packages that was previously listed with the Key. Is that no longer a part of The Key?

That was a temporary thing when they weren't having the embarkation day Chops lunch.

45 minutes ago, matt1 said:

Minor drops in a few dining options, the biggest being Jamie's for Dinner which was $44.95 and is now $36.95

🙂

Ok so mine shows Jamie’s now at 40 says 30% off..how can that be?  Onboard price is $44. 

My internet says 40% off but it’s still the same price as yesterday when it said 20%…..I took screen shots 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

That was a temporary thing when they weren't having the embarkation day Chops lunch.

I wish it was back to the temporary Key benefits!  that’s why I won’t get it now.  I wanted the speciality discount on dining.  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, georgemoe said:

DBP + VOOM & Stream came down to $70.99 on my 9/19/22 Odyssey Med cruise. Even though this 9 day is port intensive, we still think we'll benefit from a bev package. If it comes down further will just cancel and rebook lower.

Double check if better to buy dbp and 1 device of voom surf separate.

I just checked for our sailing and save about $6 to book separately.

10 minutes ago, sargenet said:

Ok so mine shows Jamie’s now at 40 says 30% off..how can that be?  Onboard price is $44. 

My internet says 40% off but it’s still the same price as yesterday when it said 20%…..I took screen shots 

Creative marketing, never base off %off always look at bottom line.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Double check if better to buy dbp and 1 device of voom surf separate.

I just checked for our sailing and save about $6 to book separately.

Thanks for the tip. Since my wife will get VOOM as well it's actually cheaper with the combo.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

It's funny.  I have a few cruises booked and the coffee card is always $41.23 CAD.  For the first time, I'm seeing it as $39.19 CAD on March Oasis sailing.  Not sure if it's actually cheaper (by a whole $2.04) or if they just did an adjustment on the USD to CAD exchange on that sailing and not others.  Aside from that, it never seems to be on sale.

Put into your cart and see if total charge is cheaper.   

They use to include tips on cruise planner screen but their new planner adds the tips at the check out screen.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Nanabev9 said:

Thanks.  Now I'm trying to decide if it's worth the time to save $7 for each of us to rebook this package.  

I did it online and it is super easy. I just always make sure to print my screen when I cancel so I can keep track of my refunds.

Does anyone know how much Wonderland is, if booking ON-BOARD Anthem (or other ships)?  Not including dining packages, just Wonderland by itself.

We were hoping to book during this sale, but a) price is still $52.99, and b) no availability!

Thank you!

Edited by Nabalab

I have a stupid question- I previously bought the soda package when it was 8.99 and now it's down to 5.99.  I went onto cruise planner to cancel the original package and (here's the stupid part) I can't figure out how to cancel it.  There is no place I see where I can cancel.  Do I just buy the package all over again and somehow they just credit me for the price difference?

6 minutes ago, Mabel the Great..Dane said:

I have a stupid question- I previously bought the soda package when it was 8.99 and now it's down to 5.99.  I went onto cruise planner to cancel the original package and (here's the stupid part) I can't figure out how to cancel it.  There is no place I see where I can cancel.  Do I just buy the package all over again and somehow they just credit me for the price difference?

Go into order history on cruise planner you cancel from that screen.

7 minutes ago, Mabel the Great..Dane said:

Go into your orders and see if you can cancel them. Under the description it should give you an option to cancel. I had an issue today as well. Had to call in to have them cancel what I had and rebook. 

For everyone that is saying prices are higher you have to realize inflation is affecting travel just like everything else. RCCL has raised the prices so the discount is the same but still a higher price. This is why I always buy early as some of my purchases where at a lower percentage off but still a lot less expensive.

Unfortunately prices are going to probably keep going up to to the economy and demand…

For our March 6th Oasis sailing - the Key dropped to 45% off ($19.99/day).  Definitely worthwhile with the Voom Surf & Stream.  Plus, it sounds like boarding will be faster - which is a big plus for us.  I also am hearing that the Chops lunch in the MDR may be back (we'll see by March).  

The Beverage Package is down 30% - but.... the base cost is up a few dollars per day from what it was when we booked it at 30% off in October.  

Giovanni's went from $77.98 (including tip, etc.) to $61.98 for the two of us.  

Excursions have varying discounts.  We did take the 30% off now on our Cozumel excursion (we had 25% off from October).  

I'll keep checking the Cruise Planner every day between now and Monday for other changes!

My DBP is still higher than what I paid but I did grab The Key this morning for $19.99  and Dinner at Giovanni's for $30.99. I have been watching the price of the key since I booked and prior to today the cheapest it had been was $27.99. I booked the DBP at $57.99 back in October and today it is showing for $60.99. This is all for Oasis for the Feb 13th sailing.

The Beach Club went down 50%, so we booked it for this year, and for next December as well.  $89pp this year on Oasis (12/5), $92pp next year on Harmony (12/4).  Booked the soft drink package for 5.99 per day on Anthem AK next May for my aunt, and also booked Jamie's and 150 CP on Harmony for next year.  Jamie was $35 pp on sale and 150 CP was $42pp (150 CP was not on sale, but cheaper than we bought it for this year on Oasis.  🙂

33 minutes ago, Cru1s1ng2009 said:

the dbp for my NYE cruise is down to $56 for this sale. I am just going to pull the trigger. I guess those $44 days are a thing of the past. The soda package is $6.49 and the coco beach club is 50% off at $54..

the dbp for my NYE cruise is down to $56 for this sale. I am just going to pull the trigger. I guess those $44 days are a thing of the past. The soda package is $6.49 and the coco beach club is 50% off at $54..

Wow wish I could get the beach club for 54 mine is 88

46 minutes ago, Nabalab said:

Does anyone know how much Wonderland is, if booking ON-BOARD Anthem (or other ships)?

It should be about the same price you are seeing in the planner now. At list price like that, take a chance at getting a deal on board. If sailing is not soon, keep checking for availability and price drops.

• Like 1

Well RCL is trying to say for the second time in a month that I owe money on the cruise. My cruise is PIF, called last time and it was fixed but now the same amount due just showed up again.

Waiting for c/s wait is 30 min, I don’t need this stress.

This happened on 11/9 for the first time, amazing it happened again 14 days later. Looks like issue wasn’t fixed.

Edited by Maitaivegas

Canadian here, so prices are in Canadian dollars, but adding for trends. Our prices go up and down a bit based on the exchange rate as well, not just sales. 

Anthem, 11-day transatlantic, from Bayonne

I've been watching the prices on a few things

Deluxe Beverage Package has bounced consistently between about $66/day and $74/day. Black Friday sale, still $66

Refreshment Package - I haven't been watching as much because we didn't think we wanted it. But today it's $21.49, so we booked that. My husband doesn't drink much alcohol but he loves nice coffee, sparkling water and fresh juice. It's not worth it for both of us to get the alcoholic package, if the lowest is $66/day. If it drops a bunch lower than that we might. But for $21/day (about $16 USD), this is worth it. Then we'll drink alcohol a la carte. 

Voom Surf is between about $16 and $18, Surf and Stream between $21 and $24. Black Friday sale, they are $14.78 and $18.99 (booked the surf and stream)

We booked 3-night dining in July at $117. It has stayed consistent since then, but was $144 before that. I don't know if they repriced it in July or if it's just he longest sale ever! The other dining packages dropped then as well and have stayed down. No extra sale today. 

Again - Canadian dollars for those of you in the US getting sticker shock on the prices I'm posting! Our dollar has been running at just under 80 cents to the US dollar. 

• Like 1