Who tested positive on Anthem 11/14 cruise?

niceneasy

Disembarked Sunday with a terrible headache, achy muscles and a cough.  Got a RAPID test today and tested positive.  Our waiter was in medical on our last day and was unable to serve.  We were at table 215.   Did anyone else come down with symptoms?

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, soremekun said:

Anthem of the Seas is currently listed as Yellow, per CDC as of 11/23.

However, I don't know what the threshold for Yellow is nor do I know the breakdown of crew vs passenger.

Oasis was listed as green and during the sail went to yellow when I sailed her on her 1st voyage out of Bayonne.  No Covid infection(s) known.

1 hour ago, niceneasy said:

Disembarked Sunday with a terrible headache, achy muscles and a cough.  Got a RAPID test today and tested positive.  Our waiter was in medical on our last day and was unable to serve.  We were at table 215.   Did anyone else come down with symptoms?

Just a thought but.....if your waiter tested positive for Covid, wouldn't you have been notified by staff on board that your were exposed? I thought that is what "contact tracing" is all about.

Edited by coffeebean

1 hour ago, niceneasy said:

Probably happens every cruise.  

3 minutes ago, Lou33 said:

@BND  From the link, yellow status includes:

• state or local health department notified CDC of passenger COVID-19 cases occurring within 5 days of disembarkation.

ok.  I will say that some people will home test and never report it especially if they're not very sick..  My point was that is not fool proof and doesn't mean there's zero, just zero reported after the fact.

• Thanks 1

Breakthrough cases are not unusual.  I had one as well on land.  Fortunately, it typically doesn't last as long as if you weren't vaccinated.  Feel better and kudos to you for taking responsibility to warn others to look for symptoms.  It happens, just the world we are living in today.

On 11/24/2021 at 11:36 AM, rbschultz said:

As Biker said, I'd recommend asking in the Roll Call thread and giving RCCL a call letting them know so they can properly contact trace (if they're actually doing that).

I had already informed RCCL prior to posting

• Like 1

On 11/24/2021 at 12:23 PM, vandy said:

Sorry you are sick! Did you take any shore excursions? 

Remained on the ship and only disembarked at CoCay.  Took many precautions using mask, washing hands and sanitizing.  Our first post pandemic cruise 

• Like 1

On 11/24/2021 at 12:24 PM, coffeebean said:

Just a thought but.....if your waiter tested positive for Covid, wouldn't you have been notified by staff on board that your were exposed? I thought that is what "contact tracing" is all about.

I would hope so.

18 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Did you fly?  You could have gotten sick (after your original test) from the person near you in the airport or plane.  Or, even prior  to that.  

Many of my family and friends have recently been diagnosed with Covid.  I hope you feel better.

M

We drove to the port