Celebrity Air - Delta Skymiles benefits

micruiser2002

I have searched but I would like some specific information from past experience:

Do you get the full skymiles with these flights?  I am assuming it is also based on if you are purchasing a Delta ticketed or other airline using a Delta flight?

Do you get the full MEDALLION QUALIFICATION DOLLARS?

Has anyone used a Delta Amex to charge this and gotten the 3 points per $ for purchasing Delta flights?

TY

Yes, I'm Delta Diamond, with all flights by X including Delta, you can add your loyalty # and you accrue all the MQs and receive your status perks.  I do NOT have the Delta AMEX, you would need to double check the T&Cs but if they are you only receive extra points if you book directly with delta you will not receive the extra points as you're paying a 3rd party/Flights by X.

Another thing to keep in mind, for whatever reason Flights by X is charging a $200 fee to change your flights.  At the moment there are no change fees for almost all airlines when booking directly.

Edited by NutsAboutGolf
  • Like 1

As I recall, the charge shows as celebrity cruises not Delta so you do not get triple points. I did get full sky Miles points for flights by Celebrity that we’re booked on Delta. Can’t remember about the medallion qualification dollars but I don’t think I got them

• Like 1

Yes...  you also get your status buy have to log into 'Delta site to make sure your number is there.   You also get the benefits of your status like preferred seating, free luggage etc.

One think I learned is that if you have it on pay later it will not always show in you Delta upcoming flights and you have to put in your Delta Locator Number (not the Celebrity reservation number)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Yes...  you also get your status buy have to log into 'Delta site to make sure your number is there.   You also get the benefits of your status like preferred seating, free luggage etc.

One think I learned is that if you have it on pay later it will not always show in you Delta upcoming flights and you have to put in your Delta Locator Number (not the Celebrity reservation number)

That has been our experience too and if you have a TSA Precheck, you can enter the number on the Delta website.

• Like 1

Just now, terrydtx said:

That has been our experience too and if you have a TSA Precheck, you can enter the number on the Delta website.

That's great advise.   I always go in and check that my TSA is in.   It sure saves a lot of time.  

Not sure if we mentioned you can also select your seat and if have status can grab one of the premium seats at no additional cost.

• Like 1

When the airline changes your flights, like they do so often now, you can call Celebrity air direct to make changes instead of being on hold forever with the airline. For example, we used CA on our Equinox cruise in August, 2 weeks before our departure Delta changed our flights and we would have landed after the ship was due to depart. I called Delta and was told there was an 8 hour wait, I then called CA and was on hold for less than 5 minutes and the change was done in just a few minutes on the phone.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 39august said:

There is no change fee if you make changes before final payment is due.

Very true however often the flight you need to change is the return home while on the cruise.  Those who planned to stay in the port city a couple of nights post-cruise may have a need to fly home sooner or those who planned on flying home the same day as disembarkation may elect to stay in the port city.

Some folks blindly book a return flight home the day of disembarkation only to later learn that it can be cheaper to stay a night or two in a hotel and fly home on a Monday.  I've spoken to several pax on previous cruises about this and this is case with my upcoming cruise.  Disembarkation is on a Sunday, while there is a $300 630am flight I obviously can't make that day, all other Sunday options are $500+ yet if I take the 630am flight the next day it's only $99.