So, my Cruise is Now More Money After Repricing!

Lastdance

I love Celebrity when I am on the ship and cruising; why would repricing a cruise cost me $900+ more money?  From what I can tell, the representative added the elevate package in twice, plus some other funky math. The good news is that I have the name of the individual who did this and so does my TA, but she is not allowed to call them because now it is Cyber Monday.  Five of my cruises were to be repriced, but only one qualified to be repriced higher.  How can I trust that the rest of my cruises are correct?  The simple answer is that I cannot.  Hopefully, my TA will be able to reach a supervisor to redo all of these.  Word to the wise:  Always check every single detail with Celebrity, as this one is the same cruise that I added the elevate package to by mistake, and the representative that I called said she was unable to take it off, even though I called Celebrity immediately. Yes, I tried again, but was told the same thing.  Again, I love cruising with Celebrity, but this huge error needs to be fixed and I have the paper copy...just frustrated because my repricing took almost a week, and now it is wrong.  I am elite+, so no stranger to issues on land by representatives.  However, I have also had many who were a pleasure to deal with on the phone.  With this email system, it takes forever and so does the phone!

Edited by Lastdance

31 minutes ago, jelayne said:

If you are booked with a TA why are you calling Celebrity to reprice the cruises?

I'm surprised they even talked with you about repricing as they have always directed me to contact my TA for repricing.

I am not calling Celebrity on the repricing, as it was done through email by my TA.  Sorry if that was not clear.  When I first booked my cruise, over a year 1/2 ago, I had the issue with the elevate pkg that I checked by mistake, called Celebrity immediately, but they would not take it off...said it was not possible.  Now, with the repricing, Celebrity is adding it on again, wanting me to pay for it twice, as if once was not enough.  I certainly know that everything has to go through my TA, but extremely frustrated with the snail mail route and "repricing" model that is used...just very frustrated, that's all!  You are right, jeyelne, as it is my TA's responsibility and she is fantastic, but also has to follow the rules.  

With the big box company a few years ago, I actually had to call corporate to intervene for me on a cruise, as my repeated calls and emails were unresponsive.  Celebrity did an excellent job for me on this issue, so if need be, I will call that particular office again for their help.  The issue was so bad that I was given the opportunity to upgrade my suite; however, I liked my sunset veranda, so stayed with it.

Edited by Lastdance

Did you and your TA go over all of the cruises to see what the costs would be after they were repriced prior to asking Celebrity to reprice them?  If so then you should know exactly the end price would be for each.  If you just repriced all of them, without knowing what the new price would be then it is certainly possible that 1 or more might actually reprice higher depending upon the exact cruise.

My TA figures the new price herself and goes over it with me making sure I understand and agree to any changes e.g. going from Refundable to NRD,  before calling Celebrity.   Once she has given the changes to X I get a written confirmation with the new info.

Lately with the long hold time  she tries to wait until she has 3 - 5 changes to X bookings and them makes 1 call for all changes.  

28 minutes ago, nocl said:

Did you and your TA go over all of the cruises to see what the costs would be after they were repriced prior to asking Celebrity to reprice them?  If so then you should know exactly the end price would be for each.  If you just repriced all of them, without knowing what the new price would be then it is certainly possible that 1 or more might actually reprice higher depending upon the exact cruise.

Anything is possible, but when it was submitted about a week ago, the price was just a $74 lower.  Why would anyone want to reprice a cruise to pay a higher price?  Sorry, but I believe my TA and myself are more intelligent than that!  Now that is an issue with prices always changing, but the facts did not lie when the prices were compared and sent in the email.  I have looked at the cruise myself and there are no available cabins.  I have been cruising with Celebrity a long time and feel well versed on policies, even if I do not agree with some.   I'm sorry, but do not understand your point unless you mean that somehow my cruise was repriced higher because that is what I requested.

Edited by Lastdance

15 minutes ago, jelayne said:

My TA figures the new price herself and goes over it with me making sure I understand and agree to any changes e.g. going from Refundable to NRD,  before calling Celebrity.   Once she has given the changes to X I get a written confirmation with the new info.

Lately with the long hold time  she tries to wait until she has 3 - 5 changes to X bookings and them makes 1 call for all changes.  

My TA does the same, but she was told by a Celebrity rep that she had to email the changes...why, I have no idea.  This cruise was refundable to refundable and should have been extremely simple to do; unfortunately, the rep made an error and needs to fix the issue...simple, as I have all the paperwork.  

So many of us do love to cruise Celebrity, but sometimes there are issues that comee out of nowhere.  I am sure that it will be fixed, but still frustrated none the less.  

Edited by Lastdance

2 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

Anything is possible, but when it was submitted about a week ago, the price was just a $74 lower.  Why would anyone want to reprice a cruise to pay a higher price?  Sorry, but I believe my TA and myself are more intelligent than that!  Now that is always an issue with prices always changing, but the facts did not lie when the prices were compared and sent in the email.  I have looked at the cruise myself and there are no available cabins.  I have been cruising with Celebrity a long time and feel well versed on policies, even if I do not agree with some.

I can certainly understand your frustration.  Is the only cruise that is messed up,, the one that had no available cabins in your category?  We’re you able to get a price reduction on the other cruises?

Elevate is not an add-on package. The rep was correct. It is it's own unique rate which is why it has to be added at booking and cannot be added later without repricing. You can't add it twice. It sounds like perhaps Celebrity corrected your error by crediting back the cost of the Elevate package rather than just wiping the booking and starting over, now when they reprice it is adding it back in.

There is a lot of passing the buck by TA's when they screw up. They should be printing an invoice, repricing, and not deciding to move forward with the reprice until they have verified it is as intended. If they are calling Celebrity for every reprice they have because they can't figure out how to do it online, you need a new TA. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

I can certainly understand your frustration.  Is the only cruise that is messed up,, the one that had no available cabins in your category?  We’re you able to get a price reduction on the other cruises?

None of the other cruises were mentioned at all, so we are still waiting.  My TA is on hold with Celebrity and has been for over 2 hours...TBD.

14 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

Anything is possible, but when it was submitted about a week ago, the price was just a $74 lower.  Why would anyone want to reprice a cruise to pay a higher price?  Sorry, but I believe my TA and myself are more intelligent than that!  Now that is an issue with prices always changing, but the facts did not lie when the prices were compared and sent in the email.  I have looked at the cruise myself and there are no available cabins.  I have been cruising with Celebrity a long time and feel well versed on policies, even if I do not agree with some.   I'm sorry, but do not understand your point unless you mean that somehow my cruise was repriced higher because that is what I requested.

What I am pointing out is that pricing changes.  There is the potential that when your TA went to reprice, the prince might have been higher.  Especially if as you say that there are no available cabins in the category since repricing is usually based upon what a cabin will sell for, under the terms that are available at the time that the repricing is done.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, nocl said:

What I am pointing out is that pricing changes.  There is the potential that when your TA went to reprice, the prince might have been higher.  Especially if as you say that there are no available cabins in the category since repricing is usually based upon what a cabin will sell for, under the terms that are available at the time that the repricing is done.

There are no available cabins now, but were quite a few when the email was sent.  However, I do not know anyone who has had a cabin repriced at a higher rate, but maybe there are lots of people out there who do not check all their figures.  When Celebrity tells you to email in the information and does not respond for almost a week, I guess anything can happen.  However, it was repriced at a much higher price, adding in the elevate package twice plus some funky math to make it over $900 higher.  I am sure it will be corrected eventually, but my point in red was for everythone to always check all figures.

Edited by Lastdance

4 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

Never gonna happen; she is a dear friend now and a fabulous TA!

Happy Cruising!

I'm not sure a lot us think she is a fabulous TA if she repriced your cruises at a higher price.  Mistakes do happen. A fabulous TA would sort out this problem without you even knowing about it.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

I'm not sure a lot us think she is a fabulous TA if she repriced your cruises at a higher price.  Mistakes do happen. A fabulous TA would sort out this problem without you even knowing about it.

They were all repriced with the price at the time that was lower.  It took almost a week for Celebrity to reply, and only one cruise was repriced with the figures being $900+ more.  I do not give a hoot about what you think about my TA and furthermore, she is not here, so the point is moot!  Ipeeinthepools, you are always the naughty one because it is so much fun.  She did not reprice my cruise at a higher rate, a Celebrity rep did that all by herself...why?  Who knows...maybe she was having an off day or maybe she was new...but thank you for your response anyway. 

This is why I should have never written this at all, but go ahead and give me as much grief as possible if you feel the need.  Sarcasm is always welcome too!  Just blame me!  I can handle that!

Edited by Lastdance

11 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

They were all repriced with the price at the time that was lower.  It took almost a week for Celebrity to reply, and only one cruise was repriced with the figures being $900+ more.  I do not give a hoot about what you think about my TA and furthermore, she is not here, so the point is moot!  Ipeeinthepools, you are always the naughty one because it is so much fun.  She did not reprice my cruise at a higher rate, a Celebrity rep did that all by herself...why?  Who knows...maybe she was having an off day or maybe she was new...but thank you for your response anyway. 

This is why I should have never written this at all, but go ahead and give me as much grief as possible if you feel the need.  Sarcasm is always welcome too!  Just blame me!  I can handle that!

It doesn't really matter how it happened, your TA should fix it without you even knowing about it.  That's her job.  No need to blame you.

Edited by Ipeeinthepools

I’m not tracking how a reservation is repriced without the TA and the customer understanding it up front Before the actual changes. I’ve never had a change to any reservation/contract unless I asked for some change, or my TA saw a price drop or some option she knew I’d like, and has worked it with the Line, and then explains it to me…all Before it is actually executed.

I guess the takeaway is - if you make changes to an existing reservation, make sure your TA has fully checked it out and you have been shown and explained it. And I have no idea what kind of ‘repricing’ would be done without the customer asking for it, or their TA asking for it and seeing/approving any contract changes.

But in this case, the OP is saying some Celebrity  X agent made a change without the TA or customer seeing it, and approving it??……Wow. I’m not questioning this not occurring, but I’d advise the OP that there appears to be more to this than some X agent doing this all on their side without the TA involved. But again, not directly involved. 

den

1 minute ago, Denny01 said:

I’m not tracking how a reservation is repriced without the TA and the customer understanding it up front Before the actual changes. I’ve never had a change to any reservation/contract unless I asked for some change, or my TA saw a price drop or some option she knew I’d like, and has worked it with the Line, and then explains it to me…all Before it is actually executed.

I guess the takeaway is - if you make changes to an existing reservation, make sure your TA has fully checked it out and you have been shown and explained it. And I have no idea what kind of ‘repricing’ would be done without the customer asking for it, or their TA asking for it and seeing/approving any contract changes.

But in this case, the OP is saying some Celebrity  X agent made a change without the TA or customer seeing it, and approving it??……Wow. I’m not questioning this not occurring, but I’d advise the OP that there appears to be more to this than some X agent doing this all on their side without the TA involved. But again, not directly involved. 

den

The figures were clear in the email, but after almost a week, the price was increased with the refare.  I am sorry to have to say this, but it happened and is totally incorrect at best.  The facts and figures do not lie, but hopefully it is corrected according to the figures that were emailed in to Celebrity.  I will post when I know something...this really caught my TA off guard too, as she had never seen this before.  It could haave been corrected ASAP, but because of Cyber Monday, that isn't happening.

5 hours ago, Lastdance said:

The figures were clear in the email, but after almost a week, the price was increased with the refare.  I am sorry to have to say this, but it happened and is totally incorrect at best.  The facts and figures do not lie, but hopefully it is corrected according to the figures that were emailed in to Celebrity.  I will post when I know something...this really caught my TA off guard too, as she had never seen this before.  It could haave been corrected ASAP, but because of Cyber Monday, that isn't happening.

So are you saying that you received confirmation from either the TA or the cruise line with one fare after repricing, then the price changed after that point.

Or are you saying that your TA repriced and it showed the higher price in the first confirmation you received.

Or did you or your TA send in a letter asking for a reprice and then when the confirmation came nearly a  week later it showed the higher fare?

I am not sure how the how the delay figures into it.  When ever I have repriced either directly or through a TA the transaction was accomplished immediately on the phone and the confirmation was in the my e-mail before the call ended.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You asked in the OP ‘why did this happen’ and then went on to say that you accidentally added elevate at booking and your TA re-priced your cruises through email. I’ve never had a TA re-price a cruise through email, that should be a phone call. Since obviously, price changes are time sensitive and there’s a lot of details that need to be confirmed before a price change takes place. I understand that your TA is also a close friend, but you are doing yourself a disservice by using what seems to be an inexperienced TA. Pretty sure if you had even called yourself for re-pricing they would have quoted you the price before they made the changes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1