Covid testing instructions

debant

I’ve been trying to read through the posts about covid testing but still not seeing some answers to some questions I have. 
I ordered the tests online tonight from the celebrity link. When it’s received are there instructions on the box or inside of everything that needs to be done? Is the test easy to do? Do you log into the app and then a proctor comes online?

38 minutes ago, debant said:

I’ve been trying to read through the posts about covid testing but still not seeing some answers to some questions I have. 
I ordered the tests online tonight from the celebrity link. When it’s received are there instructions on the box or inside of everything that needs to be done? Is the test easy to do? Do you log into the app and then a proctor comes online?

Super simple instructions on box takes total of 20 min overall.  

47 minutes ago, debant said:

Suggest you receive your test kits, read the instructions, come back here for clarification.  Many folks on CC have using them successfully, they will be able to help.  Good luck!

6 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Suggest you receive your test kits, read the instructions, come back here for clarification.  Many folks on CC have using them successfully, they will be able to help.  Good luck!

Lots of videos online, too. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, debant said:

Super easy to do, but don't open anything till you are ready to test....  try going on you tube:

• Like 1

At this point, it's getting the tests that's the issue for me. I ordered on 11/22, got a shipping notice on 11/23, and got a delivery date of 11/26. But the FedEx page has been stuck on "Delayed" since 11/25. With my luck, my box was one of those found in the Alabama woods last week. 🙄

image.thumb.png.6d9c3faee34ecad0a0b4eee70c178fe6.png

18 minutes ago, hrhdhd said:

At this point, it's getting the tests that's the issue for me. I ordered on 11/22, got a shipping notice on 11/23, and got a delivery date of 11/26. But the FedEx page has been stuck on "Delayed" since 11/25. With my luck, my box was one of those found in the Alabama woods last week. 🙄

image.thumb.png.6d9c3faee34ecad0a0b4eee70c178fe6.png

I have the same problem just not with test kits!  Ordered a pair of Jordan shoes for our “special” grandchild and, like you, we are in limbo.  Now I’m spending hours trying to find a pair of Jordans, in stock in the correct size that I can order and physically pick up.

First off when you receive your test DO NO OPEN IT.   Opening  could invalidate the test.   I cheated and opened the end of the box and looked inside but didn't break the seal.

On doing the test.   You can either download the Navica App on your Phone  and perform the test from  there. 

OR

If you wish to use or PC you create an account and log in at

https://www.emed.com/app/login?redirect_to=%2Fapp%2Fstart-testing&hsLang=en

Create account and LogIn -  They will walk you through the testing process.

Watching some of the YouTube videos are really helpful to make yourself more comfortable. 

• Like 1

I would also recommend having a back up kit just in case something goes wrong with the content/mistake on testing day.  Do not do anything before you are told by the proctor and they must see everything at all times during the test.

We have a "smart phone" but no I phone. We do not have a data plan, but buy certain amounts of time for our phones, i.e. $100 for one year. Is it possible to use our phone for this home test? Neither of us is tech savvy. We got our tests at a walk in clinic before our Sept. cruise, no problem. But would like to be able to do this home test as a back up. 

If you have a strong steady Wi-Fi connection to you phone and you phone can do video calls then it should not be a problem.  The session must stay on the entire time and can not be dropped as the proctor needs to see you do everything including waiting for the result.  Do not skip ahead and only open when being told to open by the proctor and everything involved in the test must be seen by the proctor.  If you drop a vial or a swab they will consider that invalid.  It’s easy process just have to follow instructions and a strong Wi-Fi.

Noted comments about FedEx and 'limbo'.

If your detailed delivery notes show your package on a truck but back to the shipping warehouse at the end of the day, and it happens more than once, take action.  This typically means that you're out at the end of the run, and the driver isn't completing deliveries.  Packages undelivered due to this are evidently not prioritized for the next day.

The solution for this particular style of 'limbo' is to call FedEx and have your package delivered to a nearby FedEx shipping office, be it a standalone store, a center inside Walmart, etc. where you can pick it up.  These shipping storefronts are visited daily and aren't using the residential delivery trucks.  

4 hours ago, 39august said:

We have a "smart phone" but no I phone. We do not have a data plan, but buy certain amounts of time for our phones, i.e. $100 for one year. Is it possible to use our phone for this home test? Neither of us is tech savvy. We got our tests at a walk in clinic before our Sept. cruise, no problem. But would like to be able to do this home test as a back up. 

I used my smart phone to get the app & create an account, but did the test on my lap top, it was much easier to tilt my screen for them to see the kit process, & the swab process.    Received an email with results that I printed.  

I do have results I can access on phone app, but I believe I would have been fine without the phone app only using laptop.

The process was much easier than I anticipated,  & I definitely pre-stressed. about it more than needed 🙂

• Like 1

So, I ordered and received the 3 pack of test kits. I figured 1 each for my husband and myself plus a spare just in case. So do we need to each set up separate accounts and log in individually, or just log in once and do the tests one right after the other with the same proctor?

On 11/30/2021 at 11:13 PM, Jim_Iain said:

First off when you receive your test DO NO OPEN IT.   Opening  could invalidate the test.   I cheated and opened the end of the box and looked inside but didn't break the seal.

On doing the test.   You can either download the Navica App on your Phone  and perform the test from  there. 

OR

If you wish to use or PC you create an account and log in at

https://www.emed.com/app/login?redirect_to=%2Fapp%2Fstart-testing&hsLang=en

Create account and LogIn -  They will walk you through the testing process.

Watching some of the YouTube videos are really helpful to make yourself more comfortable.