Will Celebriy change testing to 1 day pre-cruise?

Jim_Iain

8 minutes ago, CyberTag said:

Do these new rules allow the at-home tests or only tests that are proctored?

As it relates to cruising, they need to be proctored.

Tests We Do Not Accept

• Antibody tests are not accepted, as they do not detect a current infection.
  • Home test kits that are self-administered at home, and not supervised live by a telehealth professional, are also not accepted.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/accepted-covid-tests

Edited by Ken the cruiser

5 minutes ago, CyberTag said:

Thanks.  I wonder about returning to the US for international travel. 

Based on the CNN article posted at #51, it sure appears if you’re flying home from overseas after a cruise, you will need to get an antigen test, hopefully on the ship, before flying home on disembarkation day.

However, if you’re going to stick around for a few days before flying back, you’ll probably have to find some other means to get that antigen test within 24 hours of flying home.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

Re the new covid testing entry requirements . This seems pedantic but is it one day or 24 hours???? 
my test is booked for 09.30 on the Monday and we fly at 10.05 on tuesday.  Do I need to reschedule ???? 

3 hours ago, nasus2 said:

Re the new covid testing entry requirements . This seems pedantic but is it one day or 24 hours???? 
my test is booked for 09.30 on the Monday and we fly at 10.05 on tuesday.  Do I need to reschedule ???? 

I don't think it's pedantic. It's a very important question. 

The press release says one day, so you should be good if and when it's implemented.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hoklun said:

For testing, look for CVS locations that indicate they are community testing sites. They don't ask for insurance, and anyone including non-americans can go without paying. 

But do you get a certificate that says it was supervised? 

If booking online CVS require a SSN, so not suitable for many foreigners.

For them they charge $139

4 hours ago, nasus2 said:

One day, not 24 hours.

So confusing. If we are booked on a European cruise in early spring and testing for return to US doesn’t change, will Celebrity offer testing onboard on the last day of the cruise? Our itinerary calls for us to be at sea that last day, so onboard appears to be our only option. We doc in Amsterdam at 6 AM and return flight to US is at 1 PM. 

Just now, Jordanyaya1 said:

So confusing. If we are booked on a European cruise in early spring and testing for return to US doesn’t change, will Celebrity offer testing onboard on the last day of the cruise? Our itinerary calls for us to be at sea that last day, so onboard appears to be our only option. We doc in Amsterdam at 6 AM and return flight to US is at 1 PM. 

Wait until a month before and then check. 

No point checking now. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Sabbycat said:

I hope not, the cost of a rapid PCR test in Canada is $350. If I have to do this again in the states it is going to add $1500 to my cruise. I did not mind doing another antigen test in the States, but a rapid pcr is my limit. I will just cancel my cruise.

YIKES, in my area the cost is $165 and will get a slight discount for having six (6) individuals who need testing at the same time.

This is from an Urgent Care Clinic.

bon voyage

22 hours ago, Princess Fi said:

Being Canadian we fly in day prior to cruise. Currently we have January 8 Apex booked. We will test Thursday for our flight Toronto to Fort Lauderdale on Friday. If we now have to test again when we arrive in Fort Lauderdale that can be an issue as we don’t plan to rent a car. Celebrity won’t mail test kits to a Canadian address so our only option is have them sent to the hotel but not sure comfortable doing that. We will for more info to come. 

You can purchase the test kits through Air Canada.  If you have an aeroplan number they are $79 for two antigen test kits.

Yet another barrier to cruising.  We're in Canada and like to fly down the day before the cruise to avoid the risk of a weather delay that causes us to miss the cruise , now however we have to show negative COVID results within 24 hours of departure to the US (and sneak in under Celebrity's two day requirement), and as such while we can take a chance at our own risk, if one of us tests positive, we'll fall outside of Celebrity's "Cruise with Confidence" 48 hours policy and as well lose out on our airline's cancellation policy which is a more generous 24 hours.

Our cruise is in Feb and things can change, but our Final Payment Date is in two weeks and we dont want to stockpile any more money as FCCs (with their expiration dates that risk total loss) so we need to decide in the next week or so.

One more thing, as the WHO now recommends against those 60+ from travelling, will that affect health coverage if we go against that, and how will Celebrity respond.

Looks like we'll cancel and just go back to an all-inclusive in Mexico from where we just returned - it's just so much easier and we're not packed on a ship......

Edited by Andy_P

11 minutes ago, Andy_P said:

however if one of us tests postitive we'll fall outside of Celebrity's "Cruise with Confidence" 48 hours policy

If you or someone in your travel party tests positive Celebrity will provide a refund or FCC.   This is part of their Covid policy not CwC.   

5 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

If you or someone in your travel party tests positive Celebrity will provide a refund or FCC.   This is part of their Covid policy not CwC.   

Thanks - that reduces the risk.  Can you provide a link to that as I didn't know that. 

P.S. They have no email to which you can cancel and you can be hours on the phone on hold, so do you know how do you cancel on short notice?

Edited by Andy_P

19 hours ago, swigso said:

Can someone help please

we fly from Manchester Uk to Heathrow on Feb 17 then to Miami 

the next day our cruise sails on 21 Feb 

how do we get a test to cruise, we are vaccinated and have had our booster jab 

apppreciate any help it is getting so stupid to be able to travel

We are on the Equinox from 30th January, flying in the day before. Our intention was to test the day before our flight on our way to our overnight hotel at Heathrow and use this test for the current three days prior requirement for the cruise. If that changes to one day prior then we intend to use the Celebrity option for international guests only and test prior to boarding. The link on their website allows you to book in advance ( recommended) as soon as you have checked in online for the cruise and have an assigned boarding time. They recommend booking your test thirty minutes before your boarding time. It costs $99 per person. Okay it's a rip off but what else can we do ? I wouldn't want to be chasing around Fort Lauderdale or Miami to get a test after arrival. I agree with you that it is all getting so complicated that we really wish we hadn't bothered. 

We hope that no such thing takes place.  The stress was already evident when the rule was for testing THREE days before embarkation.  It got worse when the rule became TWO days before embarkation.

Consider the fact that at least three Celebrity cruises will sail away on December 26.  Who is going to be able to get tested on Christmas Day?!? 

The situation is almost the same, one week later, as at least two Celebrity cruises will sail away on January 2.  A Walgreen's representative told us that they will not be doing any testing on January 1.

Anyway, the whole idea is totally unnecessary.  The number of people getting sick on ships (at least Celebrity ships) has been very low, throughout 2021.  At this point, everyone at "X," in government, etc., ought to be talking about rolling it back to the three-day limit, instead of imposing something even more harsh than the current status.

• Like 1