Celebrity Reflection B2B 12/4 - 12/11 - 12/18

DaKahuna

Here are a few of the Christmas decorations -/

we’ve been watching the bag drop off and arrival area and have not seen very many arriving passengers much less any large groups of people as we experienced pre-COVID. 

All i can do is echo sentiments of others that the crew is very happy, always quick to say hello and their eyes reflect that they are smiling under their masks.

63048CF2-9924-4962-B413-BD5A66192495.jpeg

A11E9913-694A-4563-BF9D-7E53F5394E91.jpeg

503983A2-2469-4D5C-83C6-D52E0A4F2EC6.jpeg

291DF024-6F2C-404A-8D40-5F88D63ADCA4.jpeg

B361D42E-C4B3-43FC-BF0D-41FB060F8648.jpeg

CBB91674-2388-430B-8719-336A3624EB9F.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Good morning.  

Last night was a continuation of the “lazy day” for us.  After sunset we got ready and went to dinner in Luminae.  We both ordered the shrimp cocktail and Caesar  salad off the MDR menu, the Filet (it was amazing!), and for desert the almond cake.   Those of you re with the menu will know the almond cake comes with buttermilk ice cream.  We had them substitute vanilla gelato for the ice cream.  I mean given a choice between ice cream and gelato, who does not select gelato every time?

I went an picked up two Aspens and two almond croissant from Cafe al Bacio as a pre- room service breakfast treat.  

we have nothing planned for today so we will see how things turn out.

Good morning,  Thank you for your detailed reports.  I am following as well, we will be on the January 12th sailing of Reflection.  So far you have provided a great deal of answers to questions that have been running through my mind.  This will be our 17th sailing on Celebrity our last being on Edge in February 2020.  We can’t wait to get back to sailing again!

One update.  At the comedy show last night the Cruise Director announced guest count as 1071 and the crew count at 1070. 

2 minutes ago, cruisnuts said:

Good morning,  Thank you for your detailed reports.  I am following as well, we will be on the January 12th sailing of Reflection.  So far you have provided a great deal of answers to questions that have been running through my mind.  This will be our 17th sailing on Celebrity our last being on Edge in February 2020.  We can’t wait to get back to sailing again!

That is very interesting.  Our last pre-COVID cruise was also Edge in February 2020.

3 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

One update.  At the comedy show last night the Cruise Director announced guest count as 1071 and the crew count at 1070. 

Oh my!  What is the 1071st passenger going to do without a crewmember to look after them? 🥴

It will be interesting to hear your comments re service given the 1:1 ratio.  We were just in a similar situation, and crew were looking for ways to make our cruise more enjoyable than ever, and they definitely succeeded.

On 12/3/2021 at 8:44 PM, Purplsmurf said:

We sail with you on the second leg. Could you do me a favor and see if they can let you know how many might be on the 12/11 sailing? We have a cabana booked, but don’t think we will need it if the numbers are low. We need to cancel before sailing if we decide to go that route. Thank you! See you next Saturday!

i just checked with the Retreat Lounge Concierge and they are showing 958 guest scheduled to sail on the 12/11 cruise. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, 39august said:

Thanks for taking the time to do this review. We will be back on RF in Jan. for a B2B.  Would you please find out if it is possible to send mail while on the ship? Many years ago I did this. Both my DIL and best friend will have birthdays while I am on board, so would love to mail the B-day cards from the ship. 

Sorry to take so long to get this answer.

They do not do mail from the ship.  You can mail, using the appropriate postage, from the ports of call.  I personally prefer this option as I find postage stamps in the various Caribbean countries both colorful and interesting. 

6 minutes ago, canderson said:

Oh my!  What is the 1071st passenger going to do without a crewmember to look after them? 🥴

It will be interesting to hear your comments re service given the 1:1 ratio.  We were just in a similar situation, and crew were looking for ways to make our cruise more enjoyable than ever, and they definitely succeeded.

That is exactly how it is.  My Retreat Host (butler) chastised me for going to Cafe al Bacio this morning and getting our morning Aspen and almond croissants. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

That is exactly how it is.  My Retreat Host (butler) chastised me for going to Cafe al Bacio this morning and getting our morning Aspen and almond croissants. 

I literally laughed out loud.  I have been "chastised" many times by butlers for doing things myself!

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Love it, those guys/gals are amazing!  What suite are you in?

Just joined in this morning to follow along.  We've not been on Reflection before but sail in 103 days, also as Retreat guests so looking forward to "seeing" some things about the ship and your experiences through your posts. I know it is hard to take time away from your day to keep updating things on CC so accept my thanks for taking the time to do that!