Mediterranean cruise multiple countries Covid tests

cruisingaussies

Apologies if this has already been discussed, I’ve looked but can’t find an answer. 

We’re booked on two Med cruises June and July next year. What have the requirements been this year, do you have to have a Covid test for each country that requires it, each time you arrive at that port?  And/or fill in paperwork ?  Say you’re in Italy one day, France the next etc, then return to Italy a few days later?  Does Celebrity assist in any way or do individuals have to make all arrangements independently ?

I realise things are highly likely to change several times between now and then but it would be good to know what the protocols have been this year. 

Thanks for any information. 

Things are constantly changing so what the requirements are today will most likely be different in 6-7 months.  Your best option is to regularly check the Celebrity website, Blue Banner at the top of the home screen Healthy at Sea.  That is where you will find the most current information for requirements for the counties you will be in.

1 hour ago, cruisingaussies said:

Apologies if this has already been discussed, I’ve looked but can’t find an answer. 

We’re booked on two Med cruises June and July next year. What have the requirements been this year, do you have to have a Covid test for each country that requires it, each time you arrive at that port?  And/or fill in paperwork ?  Say you’re in Italy one day, France the next etc, then return to Italy a few days later?  Does Celebrity assist in any way or do individuals have to make all arrangements independently ?

I realise things are highly likely to change several times between now and then but it would be good to know what the protocols have been this year. 

Thanks for any information. 

You could go to the travel information and requirements site for each country you plan to visit, keeping in mind that what they have been, what they currently are and what they will be when you travel, will be very different.  Do some research.

as far as what Celebrity will be doing then, only time will tell.

Celebrity would certainly assist,but as you know countries could be anywhere from no restrictions to in lockdown.  Predictions today are worthless.  The Caribbean gives some clue with ports cancelled, changed and covid testing rules changing with little or no notice.

I would wait till a week before final payment date and check the rules then.  If comfortable with the possibility/likelihood of changes with little or no notice then go and enjoy your cruising adventure.

• Like 1

So this year Celebrity told you onboard (in time) what to do and which PLF forms have to be filled in. And if there was a test needed to leave the ship they provided it.

Nobody knows what´s required next year. But Celebrity will assist and tell you what to do. So no worries!

steamboats

• Like 1

I suspect it will be a case of either Celebrity excursions only or they will miss the port altogether. Difficult to say what happened this year, as only Apex was in the Mediterranean and the Greek ports didn’t have as many restrictions.

Silhouette was supposed to visit Spain and Portugal, but Portugal was dropped, so Spain and the Canary Islands (Spanish) only were visited, presumably to get over the situation that you describe.

I am hoping that restrictions will be eased, as we are booked on the Silhouette sailing, 30/07/22 which visits Spain and Italy.

Only time will tell.

I would not worry about figuring out each countries policies. If celebrity is taking you from Italy, to France, to Greece, and then back to Italy; they have already worked out what is required and how to provide it. Cruise lines don’t  always have the same requirements that you would have traveling on your own. For example, if you fly from Mexico to the US, you need a covid test for entry into the US. you cruise from the US to Cozumel and back, you dont need one. And yes, things change way too much to plan for next summer now. We took an international trip this year. We booked in April for September and went to two countries. In the 6 months leading up to our trip, the entry requirements for both countries changed several times.

Thanks to all, especially Steamboats, I was interested to hear what the protocols were this year from someone who had actually been in this situation.

As I said in my first post, things will certainly change several times before we get away, will wait until a few weeks before the cruises and check things out.

Just desperate to get out there after having been 'locked in' to Fortress Australia for almost two years!  Currently we still can't even travel freely within our own country, some States are still locking others out!

• Like 1