Problem on the breakaway in NO

seaman11

Will just have to wait and see how this mask thing goes.  I’m scheduled next week.  I absolutely cannot do a cruise with masks.  They bother me just to much.  Each have their tolerance I guess.  Guess I’m out the bucks then if this comes to pass. Have insurance but it won’t cover this I assume.  What a mess.  

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, roger001 said:

Will just have to wait and see how this mask thing goes.  I’m scheduled next week.  I absolutely cannot do a cruise with masks.  They bother me just to much.  Each have their tolerance I guess.  Guess I’m out the bucks then if this comes to pass. Have insurance but it won’t cover this I assume.  What a mess.  

I wonder if you could get a future cruise credit given the change in policy so close to your sailing? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, roger001 said:

Sorry to hear that. I found the paper masks more comfortable and easy to throw out when they get soiled. My husband has had cancer for 10 years so they have become a way of life. My guess is that you will forget it about once your on board. It was really great to be at sea again. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, roger001 said:

So I completely agree with you and I used to feel the exact same way. The week before we were supposed to go on the Carnival Mardi Gras they changed the rules and made masks required in certain areas.  Was so close to canceling but we had family going and kind of had to go.  Long story short, we had an amazing time and the amount of time that we were actually wearing masks was so tiny. We were always eating/drinking/outside and while the masks were a nuisance it didn't detract from our fun. Currently on MSC Meraviglia right now and masks are required indoors but in reality only when you're walking between 1 location and the next. Once you are seated in the lounge you can remove the mask.  So from someone who felt the same way as you I'd definitely recommend you take a second look at your decision. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, cruising sister said:

I wore a mask indoors and whenever I felt crowded outside and still had a great time. 

Yeah I don't understand all the outrage at mask-wearing.  I wear a mask all the time when I leave the house and go out in public.  It's no big deal...unless one chooses to make it a big deal.

I hope everyone has a great cruise!!

• Like 18
  • Haha 1

I just got off Royal symphony where masks are required when moving from indoor to venue to indoor venue. You can take them off inside the venues. There was a conga line in the club on the first night and much other dancing and socializing. And it wasn’t even a fully-vaccinated sailing.

I can’t imagine how it would have been if we had had to have worn masks in all those venues…what a downer.

in-transit, OK. But in venues…no. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, MichiganBound said:

Yeah I don't understand all the outrage at mask-wearing.  I wear a mask all the time when I leave the house and go out in public.  It's no big deal...unless one chooses to make it a big deal.

I hope everyone has a great cruise!!

Heck, my town still has a mask mandate for all public spaces.  It would feel a lot weirder to NOT wear a mask on the ship.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, NavArch64 said:

Yes. Data as of 12/2/21 as per CDC.

From what I saw in sept on oasis ots, rcl, the ship was green code then they boarded 140 or 150 new crew members that were put into quarantine and the ship went to yellow.  The captain had announced there was 0 covid cases onboard, just new crew quarantining.

So yellow doesnt always mean there is covid positive people onboard.

• Like 3

As I said, we each have a mask tolerance and recognize the need for them  for our many required activities, doctors, grocery, etc.  However, remember many, many current booked NCL guests, me included,  booked only and only because the cruises would be 100% vaccinated and NO masks.  Understanding circumstances can require sudden change  of masking requirements, this does not change the facts that many, many of us just can’t accept a masked cruise. Hopefully specifics will be determined early this week. 

Edited by roger001
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I'm hoping if they change the rules to require mask wearing that we get an option for a refund.  I'll opt out.  My cruise is 9 days from today.

Signed-

Anxiously awaiting if the rules change

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, CruiseMH said:

If these people were tested at time of embarkation and were negative then they must have got infected during the cruise means during the port stays.

So i would assume that if any changed to the protocols are made then it would be that individual excursions will not be allowed any more for future cruises and only ship excursions.

Anyway,looking forward to the outcome of the now following investigations.

Can take several days to flip positive after exposure. Could have been infected traveling to NOLA out in the city. 

• Like 2

NEW ORLEANS —

Here's the latest on the COVID-19 cases deriving from a Norwegian Cruise Lines ship that disembarked Sunday morning in the Port of New Orleans.

UPDATE (6:27 p.m. CST): The Louisiana Department of Health has identified seven additional COVID-19 cases on the "Norwegian Breakaway" cruise ship.

This brings the total number of COVID-19 cases identified among passengers and crew to 17, as of Sunday evening.

State health officials also said Sunday that one of the 10 cases previously reported involves the emerging Omicron variant. That case involves a crew member who is not a Louisiana resident. The crew member did not leave the ship, according to LDH.

Edited by Heidi pour another Beer
remove ad
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fredric22 said:

Currently on MSC Meraviglia right now and masks are required indoors but in reality only when you're walking between 1 location and the next. Once you are seated in the lounge you can remove the mask.  

1 hour ago, marktwothousand said:

I just got off Royal symphony where masks are required when moving from indoor to venue to indoor venue. You can take them off inside the venues. There was a conga line in the club on the first night and much other dancing and socializing. And it wasn’t even a fully-vaccinated sailing.

I can’t imagine how it would have been if we had had to have worn masks in all those venues…what a downer.

in-transit, OK. But in venues…no. 

I was recently on a Princess cruise and the mask policy was the opposite of that discussed by the quotes above - it's OK to go maskless when transiting from place to place (except when in an elevator), but most enclosed, indoor venues (shops, restaurants, theater) required us to wear a mask.  This actually makes more sense to me, as when you're in motion, any contacts you make are likely to be brief, but when you're inside a venue, you're probably going to stick around awhile.

22 minutes ago, Shayhooper said:

how else are you going to get home if you don’t have a car at the port?  You can’t take a shuttle or an Uber.  You can’t fly.  There isn’t any option BUT to quarantine until you are not longer contagious. 

Well, you could in theory rent a car or find a passenger that's willing to take you home in their vehicle.  

Back closer to the subject at hand, I feel sorry for those involved, hope that those who are infected have mild symptoms and get well soon, and hope for a smooth and eventless next sailing.

Edited by Honolulu Blue
  • Like 5

17 minutes ago, Crsr said:

ppl thinking that the cdc would not be all over this and get the positive swabs to a lab to detect the new strain are highly mistaken, thanks for the update

• Like 4