Has it ever been to cold at perfect day cococay?

2 hours ago, Btank said:

As an older Floridian, I remember when we used to call them zoris. 🤣

--bruce T.

We call them grape smugglers, clearly the pic poster must have been in VERY cold water.

• Haha 2

People go on a cruise in January and February to escape hurricane season and have lower cruise rates, only to discover, that Florida, and areas around it, actually do have a winter.....not as cold, but it does get cold.  Not a winter goes by that I go to Orlando, and hear people complain that it's cold outside.  

Anti thongers always use "family" in the sentence but the reality is they just don't like it for any reason.  Go to any family friendly beach in Florida, and you will have seen plenty of thongs, good and bad.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, lonestarmikeb said:

We are looking at booking a cruise in February with a Perfect day stop, has anyone ever been there and its been to cool to really enjoy?

Hello..

I went in Feb 2020, and it was a chilly day .. very overcast.. to cold for the pool and for the ocean., but I week before I read it was sunny and warm. It's a hit or miss really. 

1 hour ago, Joseph2017China said:

People go on a cruise in January and February to escape hurricane season and have lower cruise rates, only to discover, that Florida, and areas around it, actually do have a winter.....not as cold, but it does get cold.

lol... cold winters in Florida, lol!

vbqhxS8bkvz6xi1auWkBba2aUitvqSLK_lg.jpg.b9002ecaa17a66d194d6a39c9f76bb51.jpg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, kwokpot said:

Challenge accepted! These two pics are from this past weekend in South Beach after a Thanksgiving cruise on the Celebrity Summit.

PXL_20211128_175426915.jpg

PXL_20211129_180042488.jpg

there is no way you are 60.

That said, I work with a guy who turned 60 this summer. He runs marathons and works out religiously every day. He could definitely wear Speedo briefs and look way better than many 20 yo's in them. Super ripped.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Joseph2017China said:

Isn't 36 cold?

Just had a friend from the north of  England go to Jamaica for the first time. After we saw photos of him at Dunn's River Falls, we joked about the water temperature and he said it was rather warm.   Perspective.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, kwokpot said:

Challenge accepted! These two pics are from this past weekend in South Beach after a Thanksgiving cruise on the Celebrity Summit.

PXL_20211128_175426915.jpg

PXL_20211129_180042488.jpg

D*mn!  I think i just found my favorite 2 pics ever posted on Cruise Critic!  😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

12 hours ago, marktwothousand said:

MODS please lock 

Why, exactly?   They're just pics of a man in a bathing suit .. same as you'd see on a ship.   No reason to lock anything. 

Edited by F27TW
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

We were there in mid-October.  It was windy and a bit cool.  I only got in the water a couple of times and it was not as much fun as on our previous trip during a warmer season. Lots of people were in for hours; we all have different comfort levels.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

Please, someone add another “o” in the title of this thread. It’s driving me crazy…..

Here ya go! 

Has it ever been to cold at perfect day cococay?   O. 

😆

• Haha 7

Getting somewhat back on topic, although I didn't mind the photos one bit!

It was just colder (and windier) for us at CocoCay over Thanksgiving than it was the last time we were there in January!  Like others have said though, it's all relative.  I'm in Orlando and my blood as thinned. I see people doing the water parks here when it's under 75 degrees and I'm wearing a hoodie! 😃

• Like 1

Record hi in CocoCay in February was 91 (F) / 33 (C).  Record Low was 55(F)/ 12(C)

Mostly averages between 75 (F) and 78 (F). Water Temperature should be about equivalent to air temp maybe a degree or 2 cooler. Right now it's in the low 80s(F) for air temp.