Has it ever been to cold at perfect day cococay?

8 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

there is no way you are 60.

That said, I work with a guy who turned 60 this summer. He runs marathons and works out religiously every day. He could definitely wear Speedo briefs and look way better than many 20 yo's in them. Super ripped.

Yes, I turned 60 this past October 5th. High School Class of '79 (Jericho, NY to be exact)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, F27TW said:

D*mn!  I think i just found my favorite 2 pics ever posted on Cruise Critic!  😉 

Appreciate the sentiment, F27TW. Now I feel guilty skipping the gym this afternoon but I spent all morning and afternoon making last minute cruise plans.  Going on the brand new Celebrity Apex in five days in a suite/Retreat Class! Super excited having never sailed in a suite before. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, marktwothousand said:

Well, it was originally about weather and devolved into thongs

It could have gotten worse - don't look up alter lateral flash. In the past, that was an automatic delete by the mods.

Edited by Biker19

3 hours ago, marktwothousand said:

I’m just glad we are back on topic. That thread got VERY racy. Where are the MODS???!

goodness, you've never seen a pic of a man in a speedo? If that's racy, then I must not be as much of a prude I thought I was. But then - I grew up in Europe where it's just normal swimwear.  And, oh, the horror, I was on a swim team.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, kwokpot said:

Appreciate the sentiment, F27TW. Now I feel guilty skipping the gym this afternoon but I spent all morning and afternoon making last minute cruise plans.  Going on the brand new Celebrity Apex in five days in a suite/Retreat Class! Super excited having never sailed in a suite before. 

Don’t forget to pack your Speedos!  You look smokin’ hot in them.  Enjoy the Apex! 

• Like 1

On 12/5/2021 at 8:51 PM, lonestarmikeb said:

We are looking at booking a cruise in February with a Perfect day stop, has anyone ever been there and its been to cool to really enjoy?

Yes. When we were there the just weeks go it was too cold after a front and rain came through early in the day (the water even before that was quite cool). We left a beach bed and went back to the ship due to the chill. Almost no one was out in the water. But I was raised near GA and FL beaches so my tolerance for cold beaches my beach low 😂

04618762-5500-474F-B9FD-4A82FAACE3BE.jpeg

Edited by AlohaLivin
  • Like 1

On 12/5/2021 at 4:17 PM, marktwothousand said:

Oh ho ho ho, very very funny…the rest of the world needs to learn how to teach their children how to speak proper English again. “flip-flop” is not the proper term. 

We call them slippahs in Hawaii and I definitely thought you meant a real thing 😂

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, marktwothousand said:

Well, it was originally about weather and devolved into thongs

Weather is directly related to whether not a person would be out there in a bathing suit .. (Speedo, thong or otherwise), so I don't see your point.

Besides .. these were just pics of a guy rockin a bathing suit .. something we all see plenty of when we're on the pool deck on a cruise .. so what's the problem here?   Lighten up. 

• Like 1

On 12/5/2021 at 9:37 PM, marktwothousand said:

Unrelated to this…is it now appropriate for females to wear swimsuit thongs on cruise ships?

The real question is:

Is a thong appropriate for most of the women who wear thongs😱

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, kwokpot said:

20211124_162419.thumb.jpg.a5f36b10f770af23368ee3d53967b4b3.jpg

Apex was right next to us in St Kitts...

13 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

goodness, you've never seen a pic of a man in a speedo? If that's racy, then I must not be as much of a prude I thought I was. But then - I grew up in Europe where it's just normal swimwear.  And, oh, the horror, I was on a swim team.

And should probably add a warning that tops are very optional on many of Europe's beaches, especially the southern France ones.  I don't think any of my aunts even owned bathing suit tops when I was growing up.

My boys all still wear jammers (swim team too.)

• Like 1

On 12/5/2021 at 8:51 PM, lonestarmikeb said:

We are looking at booking a cruise in February with a Perfect day stop, has anyone ever been there and its been to cool to really enjoy?

Florida Native here. I was there mid October and the ocean was too cold for me. The pool was marginally tolerable. In February expect the water temps to be mid 70's. Which is full wet suit temps for me:) Anyone know if the main pool there is heated? 

We were there for the very first time on Thanksgiving, a couple of weeks ago.  It was finally sunny, the air temp was probably in the 70s.  We only made it has far as the Oasis pool -- that water was very cold, but once we took the plunge, it wasn't too bad.  

We grew up in RI and as teenagers always went into the ocean on Memorial Day.  You go in slowly, once ankles are frozen, move up to knees and so on.  It's a whole system... 😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

20211124_162419.thumb.jpg.a5f36b10f770af23368ee3d53967b4b3.jpg

Apex was right next to us in St Kitts...

I know it's beautiful inside, but my god is that Edge/Apex class is just hideous.   That big  orange contraption hanging off the side .. and that ugly new bow design that they used (along with NCL Prima and the Virgin ships)  .. makes it look more like a train or barge.   I know that look is the wave of the future, but I'll take the more traditional look any day!

Edited by F27TW