What's Your Cruise Drink?

On 12/8/2021 at 9:56 AM, John&LaLa said:

Had one last night. Training for our trip to Brazil. Taste was OK, but the smell was horrible 😱

20211208_095452.thumb.jpg.4ecbfa48f80cd51ffad84893b4faaf37.jpg

Wierd.

Lime, sugat, cachaca.

I wonder if they used an off brand.  Or old limes.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Cru1s1ng2009 said:

What is in this? I had a drink at Boleros the first time i was on En or Ex (cant remember which one has a Boleros) and the waiter keep telling me 'Chipirosca' so i wouldnt forget but no one ever knows what I am talking about when I ask for it. 

Caipirinha is lime and sugar (muddled together) add ice and cachaca (sugar cane alcohol) and shake.

A Caipiroska is the same thing, but using vodka instead of cachaca.

Cachaca is different from rum in that they ferment the sugar cane juice.  For rum, the boil the sugar cane juice to make molasses, then cut that with water and ferment.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, link99 said:

Discovered this Drink when I seen this Bottle sitting behind the bar at  Boleros. Asked what it was and they made me one. Not on the top of my list, but was  Interesting.

They can vary by the bartender.  Some put in a bit more lime.  Some put in more or less sugar.

To be made properly, it should be done with sugar, NOT simple syrup.  And I think they taste better when they use lime wedges, not slices.  A bit more lime oil from the skin.

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

I've seen the bottle mentioned earlier. 

That is a brand I found when I first discovered Cachaça. Although I had enjoyed a few Caipirinhas in an island bar, I sincerely regretted the purchase of that brand of Cachaça when I returned home.

Edited by ScubaCat3

Like several others, the BBC is my drink of choice. Aside from the fact that’s it’s fruity and delicious, it’s one of the few drinks I only order while on a cruise. Make sure the bartender uses a fresh banana. Sooo much better that way.