Musical and Production Entertainment On Board

Floridastorm

I am aware that the smaller Azamara ships, and maybe event the larger ones, do not have anywhere near the entertainment as the big main lines. However, can folks enlighten me as to what specific entertainment their ships do have? I'm only referring to musical/production type entertainment and not things like Bingo, Art exhibits, and other types of fare. I myself will simply enjoy the ambiance of the ship. My wife, however, enjoys musical entertainment of some sort. Also, do there seem to be retired military or veteran's gatherings on board?

Thanks much for the feedback. 🚤

Dave

If Maryfer is still on Quest in The Den (Piano Bar) she’s really good and a lovely person. Plays nice background music with just a little (not too much) chat. Very similar to pre Covid times in there, very easy listening 

Almost every evening there will be a show in the Cabaret Lounge. They have a small production company of 6 singers/dancers.  The lead singers often do a show on their own one night and the cruise director usually does one as well.  It’s simple lighting and staging but an enjoyable 45 minutes each night. Guest acts also do one or two shows.

Each night there’s two shows to allow for early and later eaters.  

There’s a five piece orchestral band who support all the entertainment and sometimes also do a show on their own.  Some of the musicians are classically trained so the show can be quite a surprise. 

Edited by uktog
  • Like 8

During our October cruise aboard Quest, there was only one show each evening at 8:30.  This may have been due to the reduced number of passengers - around 250.  Prior to that, there had been two shows which I hope will return as the numbers increase.

As Utog states, Maryfer was delightful.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NC&KY said:

I'm not aware of retired military or veteran's gatherings, but I don't qualify so perhaps I haven't been sufficiently attentive. If they are held, they definitely aren't prominent.

Forgot to say they used to do them they were advertised in the Insider (daily journal paper) but as they weren’t encouraging get together so in the Autumn I did not see an ad. This might have changed. Best bet, ask at Guest Relations to get the up to date position on your cruise. 

Valentina is in the den, I heard her twice,p.enough for me.

the band in Living Room is 4th Element. Tonight  they are playing to 11,some nights only 10.

they are at pool too.

shows not impressed compared to what I heard on both ships pre covid.

2 hours ago, Roel94 said:

Valentina is in the den, I heard her twice,p.enough for me.

the band in Living Room is 4th Element. Tonight  they are playing to 11,some nights only 10.

they are at pool too.

shows not impressed compared to what I heard on both ships pre covid.

Can you give an update on piped in music around the ship? I would hate that but heard it might be happening 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think your wife will enjoy the production shows. Azamara do make an effort and they have some nice performances with good crowd involvement and I actually like the smaller venue in spite of the sight line issues of just one floor. If you happen to have Eric de Grey as your cruise director then he's a hoot. 

Phil 

• Like 3

I too like the intimacy of the smaller venue on Azamara.  It was especially good for the dance shows.  Also it's cool to see the performers and the Cruise Director working the follow-spot at the back of the hall – somehow that seems to fit with the visibility of officers and staff!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I too like the intimacy of the smaller venue on Azamara.  It was especially good for the dance shows.  Also it's cool to see the performers and the Cruise Director working the follow-spot at the back of the hall – somehow that seems to fit with the visibility of officers and staff!

I used to run a mean followspot!

5 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I think your wife will enjoy the production shows. Azamara do make an effort and they have some nice performances with good crowd involvement and I actually like the smaller venue in spite of the sight line issues of just one floor. If you happen to have Eric de Grey as your cruise director then he's a hoot. 

Phil 

I agree. I thought the production shows on Quest from the same singers/dancers were pretty good given the covid protocols and restrictions they have to sing and dance under. The sound was very good, much better than pre Covid when there were issues with over amplification. I hope Floridastorm enjoys their time onboard. 

• Like 3

On 12/9/2021 at 2:49 PM, Mackdogmolly said:

Can you give an update on piped in music around the ship? I would hate that but heard it might be happening 

Not at pool. Only in den to see bartender last cruise.

Whwn in living room it is band or what they use between sets,

so honestly  I an not  paying attention to it 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, uktog said:

I agree. I thought the production shows on Quest from the same singers/dancers were pretty good given the covid protocols and restrictions they have to sing and dance under. The sound was very good, much better than pre Covid when there were issues with over amplification. I hope Floridastorm enjoys their time onboard. 

I  have seen one variety show not a real dance show.

back to two shows a night and go hear band instead, 

later the LCV party dancers were good but sight lines are better near bar unless front row.

2 hours ago, takemewithyou said:

I take that back!  This afternoon there was piped in music in Living Room…..sorry! It was mellow jazz, sort of.  not too annoying, but music is subjective.

Had some at pool,for a while but it was instead of live band.

not all afternoon

4 hours ago, takemewithyou said:

I take that back!  This afternoon there was piped in music in Living Room…..sorry! It was mellow jazz, sort of.  not too annoying, but music is subjective.

I guess I could tolerate in the living room, but would hate at the pool or other places 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, uktog said:

Honestly the Living Room in an afternoon would be too much for me.  I can’t stand canned music anywhere and loved Azamara because there was none. 

Same here and caned music in the Living Room would have an impact on that quiet venue in my opinion. They did have canned music by the pool on Quest once and I fed back to the Hotel Director and it didn't happen again.

Having to listen to piped music is one of my bugbears and one of the biggest I have with Celebrity. It's obvious from the pages here that I'm not alone. Let's hope Azamara read the comments. 

Phil 

• Like 5