diamond and coffee

jmcross

Early on during the restart the DL coffee machine was available but a crew member was there to take your order and push the buttons.  As protocols have been easing ships have been reverting to self serve.  If a more impactful variant comes along I suppose they could revert to using a crew member to operate it.

You can use a diamond voucher for a specialty coffee but at the price point if you plan to use all of your vouchers for alcoholic drinks you'd be better to pay for the coffee if you go this route and save your vouchers.

8 minutes ago, George C said:

It was open on allure last week.you just help yourself.

Glad they changed it.  On Harmony there was someone stationed at the machine making it for you.  Most of the time they couldn't comprehend you wanted a double espresso then an Americano on top of it.☺️

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Auntiemomo said:

Glad they changed it.  On Harmony there was someone stationed at the machine making it for you.  Most of the time they couldn't comprehend you wanted a double espresso then an Americano on top of it.☺️

Happy to hear I am not alone in the 3 push protocol...  Some times a groan can be heard behind me as I reach for a second cup for my wife. Life is slowly returning  to normal,  the new normal is fading. 

• Like 1

Allure is self service this week again, 2 or 3 button pours are common, got to fill those cups . It's a pretty mellow morning group. Except this morning someone was requesting one specific strawberry on his fruit plate. Food is still being served by staff members.

4 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Happy to hear I am not alone in the 3 push protocol...  Some times a groan can be heard behind me as I reach for a second cup for my wife. Life is slowly returning  to normal,  the new normal is fading. 

Yeah, they groaned when I reached for the second cup, but both are for me.  LOL

• Like 1

On 12/13/2021 at 1:02 PM, SummerBeee said:

Mariner was served, departed on Nov 15

Allure was self serve, departed Dec 5

Independence was served, departed Dec 10

Also Allure was not available on departure day while the other 2 were

So…..it depends 

Harmony was served Dec 5 cruise.  

M

I'm cruising to diamond status and if things go right will be diamond for my fall Enchantment cruise.

I find the included coffee to range from terrible to tolerable and looking forward to enjoying my morning coffee in the DL.  My question is what type of coffees are available in the DL and are the available all day or just in the am.

1 hour ago, WVHillbilly said:

My question is what type of coffees are available in the DL and are the available all day or just in the am.

Availability varies by ship and perhaps even day. The machine makes lattes, mochas, cappuccinos, and espressos with regular and decaf usually Lavazza beans. 

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

Availability varies by ship and perhaps even day. The machine makes lattes, mochas, cappuccinos, and espressos with regular and decaf usually Lavazza beans. 

I've never seen a D club machine that dispenses mochas (no chocolate "tank").  However, they do dispense macchiatos.

16 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Harmony was served Dec 5 cruise.  

M

And they sure were a whole lot more welcoming early in the morning versus the "disruption" we were causing just trying to ask for coffee in the SL.  😮 

That is how we ended up at the DL for coffee...once again went into the SL around 7:15 (supposed to be set up by 7 am every morning, confirmed by SL concierge and on the sheet in our cabin).  But the coffee machine was shut down, and nothing set up.  Was not the only time.  😣

On 12/14/2021 at 6:10 PM, Biker19 said:

Thank you, espressos are great for me and the DW can bring along a couple of her flavors to enhance hers

• 1 month later...