Omicron - anyone canceling an upcoming cruise?

kj_connections

I personally think this is a bad move for MSC not just because they continue to sail but because of the way they are making this so difficult for anyone to move a cruise. Also the price increases and reduction in perks. 
They will lose me as a customer forever. I understand it has not been easy for the cruise lines but why make it so hard on the cruisers?

• Like 2

On 1/12/2022 at 2:49 PM, styles27 said:

I like the original itinerary better. San Juan from 5pm to 1am?! I mean why bother?

I agree. By the way we had the same timing for San Juan on NCL's Jade. We were supposed to have it on Seashore on 4/2/2022 as well, but MSC changed the whole itinerary and made it morning through afternoon. But then I cancelled anyway.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Markanddonna said:

There will be at least six or more who are poised to cancel today or tomorrow. I bet that number is much higher. So, you'll get to know everyone by name. I wonder if this is a wise economic move to continue with the sailing (for MSC) since the majority of the ports will be canceled. Isn't it better just to cancel this 10 day cruise and let their crew get well?

It is a 4 day cruise.  Sorry, not sure what you are talking about. 

2 hours ago, Markanddonna said:

I don't think any passenger is privy to that information until you speak to a crew member onboard but perhaps Fredric22 had special info.

Well I can't reveal my sources 😛 but yes, it came from someone onboard.  Now... is it possible that person is wrong? Yes... could get to the port on Sunday and have 1,000 people checking in.  But the fact that it was around 450 this week leads me to believe that 300ish number might not be far off.  We'll see... I do hope that info is wrong as I would rather sail with more people so the ship is actually a bit alive and things are open!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fredric22 said:

Well I can't reveal my sources 😛 but yes, it came from someone onboard.  Now... is it possible that person is wrong? Yes... could get to the port on Sunday and have 1,000 people checking in.  But the fact that it was around 450 this week leads me to believe that 300ish number might not be far off.  We'll see... I do hope that info is wrong as I would rather sail with more people so the ship is actually a bit alive and things are open!

It is a four day cruise for some and a 14 day cruise for others, like myself.  So, we are both correct. We both board Jan 16 but we continue until Jan 30.

1 hour ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

By the way we had the same timing for San Juan on NCL's Jade. We were supposed to have it on Seashore on 4/2/2022 as well, but MSC changed the whole itinerary and made it morning through afternoon. But then I cancelled anyway.

I had this on one itinerary. All you can really do is go to the pubs.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jamesboat said:

Nassau + Ocean Cay

The 10 night on Jan 16 was supposed to go to Aruba*, Jamaica*, Cartagena, Panama*, Costa Rica*, Nassau, and Ocean Cay two separate times. The one that are * will likely be canceled. The second Ocean Cay will likely be canceled also. 

So, if you are going on the 4 day, keep in mind that many passengers were to go on the longer cruise that also included the 4 day itinerary. 

31 minutes ago, Markanddonna said:

The 10 night on Jan 16 was supposed to go to Aruba*, Jamaica*, Cartagena, Panama*, Costa Rica*, Nassau, and Ocean Cay two separate times. The one that are * will likely be canceled. The second Ocean Cay will likely be canceled also. 

So, if you are going on the 4 day, keep in mind that many passengers were to go on the longer cruise that also included the 4 day itinerary. 

Youre simply referring to two separate cruises. While some people do B2B, its not very common

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Markanddonna said:

I inquired about staying on since it's empty here and was told it's a 4 night Bahama and OC sailing.

Then a 3 night to Bahamas

Then a 7 night to OC, Costa Maya, and Coz.

I thought the 10 night left on the 20th?

36 minutes ago, jamesboat said:

Youre simply referring to two separate cruises. While some people do B2B, its not very common

It was booked as one cruise. We could have also booked the 10 nighr and four day seperately but did not. We also booked another on the same ship on Jan 30. That is a back to back. Two separate bookings with differ booking numbers.

4 hours ago, Fredric22 said:

Your source is correct.

I asked YC manager and 1000+

32 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Your source is correct.

I asked YC manager and 1000+

So if the next sailing is a larger # of pax..... do you understand that to be the trend...about 1k pax..

for a ship that is about 4700+/- pax and 1700 +/- crew it-s still really low at 25%-ish pax

Any insight into the YC pax in coming weeks? TYIA

19 hours ago, Fredric22 said:

Looks like Jan 16th sailing will only have around 300 guests.  I am a bit excited to have the ship almost all to ourselves but also a bit sad as well.  I hope some last minute bookings come in so the ship has at least some kind of atmosphere! 

We sailed September with around 800.  I personally loved it, but it was dead.   I'd like 300 even more.

13 hours ago, Fogfog said:

So if the next sailing is a larger # of pax..... do you understand that to be the trend...about 1k pax..

for a ship that is about 4700+/- pax and 1700 +/- crew it-s still really low at 25%-ish pax

Any insight into the YC pax in coming weeks? TYIA

Yes 1000

As far as YC....this sailing many Aurea were upgraded to YC and it may happen next sailing.

14 hours ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

Amazing! I now went to try to book any cruise in 2023 and some in 2022. Same note for each cruise all booked and full.

Anybody else find the same note? 

Something odd is going on.  I looked at a 14 day in March, but showed no availability for my chosen cabin category in YC.  When I looked at a B2B reservation, there were all kinds of cabins available.  MSC IT mystery tour (or is that misery tour?) remains.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

59 minutes ago, JAGR said:

Something odd is going on.  I looked at a 14 day in March, but showed no availability for my chosen cabin category in YC.  When I looked at a B2B reservation, there were all kinds of cabins available.  MSC IT mystery tour (or is that misery tour?) remains.

Yeah, it has me all kinds of confused. We are wanting to switch to next Feb/Mar but can't find what we what!

30 minutes ago, ready2cruzagain said:

Yeah, it has me all kinds of confused. We are wanting to switch to next Feb/Mar but can't find what we what!

As of this past Thursday, MSC passengers were not allowed to move our bookings past Nov 4th because their system would not allow it. The only explanation is that this is intentional or is another manifestation of MSC's IT department letting us down once again. 

3 hours ago, ready2cruzagain said:

And it's over a $1000 more for each week.  But, they will also guarantee less amenities and services to overcompensate for that!  😅  I'm thinking it will soon be like Allegiant, Spirit, or RyanAir.

"Welcome aboard!  For those passengers who elected to have a bed in their room, you will find sheets available from the vending machines at the end of each hallway.  We have provided buckets and wash clothes for your personal care.  In the event of rain, we invite you to please put your buckets out on the balcony to collect water for your washing needs.  This will help you to defray the billing of water and sewer costs from the meters in your room.  Electricity may be available by inserting your cruise card in the slot, and then turning the crank.  Alternatively, you can slip a fiver to your room steward.  Please note, room stewards are available only in Yacht Club, and are first-come, first-served.  If you are interested in having a hot meal (dinner only), please be sure to bring your tupperware container to our one remaining food station on deck 1.  Please enjoy your cruise:"

• Haha 8