Cancellation

BIG MAMA2

You won't get a refund, but a Future Cruise Credit (FCC).   I've cancelled a Celebrity cruise 4 weeks ago and still waiting on the FCC.

I've seen RCG threads where others had weeks/months to get the FCC.  😒

As of now, the FCC will need to be used by the end of May 2022 for another cruise by the end of Dec. 2022.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-with-confidence

Edited by TickledBlue

Canada's decision to blacklist nearly the entire world for Canadians who travel has not fully infused itself into cruise line policies, official or unwritten,  just yet.  

I'd have a talk with your agent or Royal first.  You don't have to make a decision on the spot if they tell you Cruise with Confidence is your only choice.  Canada's new policy was just announced yesterday.  It may take a few days for cruise lines to reflect on that and make more customer friendly options available. 

What everyone else has been able to do recently may be the only choice or just maybe you'll reach someone who understands why many Canadians are looking at their near term cruises with fresh eyes since yesterday's announcement by the Canadian government, and refund might be an option.

If CWC appears to be the only choice that policy can be invoked up to 48 hours before cruising so there is not a need to invoke CWC tomorrow with two weeks to go just in case Royal comes around with some other option as more and more and more Canadians contact them.  

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, TickledBlue said:

You won't get a refund, but a Future Cruise Credit (FCC).   I've cancelled a Celebrity cruise 4 weeks ago and still waiting on the FCC.

As of now, the FCC will need to be used by the end of May 2022 for another cruise by the end of Dec. 2022.

This isn't true in all situations.  I cancelled 2 cruises on 10/28/21, which were before final payment date but paid in full.

I received a refund for most of my payment on 12/14 (two days ago), and will get an FCC for the remainder at the end of this month.  I'm thinking the initial deposit  might be the FCC, and all the rest is cash.

5 hours ago, LadyBerard said:

I just had a friend cancel her cruise yesterday for a Jan. 2023 sailing, and she received her full deposit back on her cc today!  

Some reason last couple I canceled after Final received Deposits back on Credit Card and rest in FCC. Not complaining, figured would all be FCC

Edited by ONECRUISER

22 hours ago, TickledBlue said:

Royal is giving plenty of refunds, they just don't advertise it. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

That's awesome!!! I mean, I'm sure you'd rather be cruising (in normal times) but glad you got the refunds. How many cruises did you have to cancel??

Altogether we have cancelled 22 since the restart (everything is now cancelled through 3-31-22.  We still have 8 booked beyond April 1, 2022)....but that money (it actually totals $ 25,503.60 just so I'm not guilty of exaggerating) was only for the last 10.  Of those, 5 were deposits only (total of $2900) and the rest was for 5 that had been PIF.  There are also a lot of Cruise Planner purchases that are included in those refunds.  I always buy the UDP and DBP+Voom (unless on a ship where Voom is included in the fare) early so as to get the best price. I do not see the deposit for the Grandeur 14 night for 2-20-22 ($900) so that one is still outstanding.  There are other outstanding credits as well but I'm not sure how much $$.  I haven't taken the time to audit all of this yet.

Yes.  I would rather be sailing but at least I have the reassurance that I have NO FCC's hanging out there and I am getting my money back....you really cannot ask for more than that.

I can't stress enough how important it is to have a good Travel Agent to intercede on your behalf for these kinds of issues.  I am quite certain that I would not have had the positive results I got, if I had tried to do this on my own.

image.png.73b2b719ff1f3f0d253720c3ef8db00e.png

image.png.d282f0bec4a06f72e7450cbddefe5578.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

Altogether we have cancelled 22 since the restart (everything is now cancelled through 3-31-22.  We still have 8 booked beyond April 1, 2022)....but that money (it actually totals $ 25,503.60 just so I'm not guilty of exaggerating) was only for the last 10.  Of those, 5 were deposits only (total of $2900) and the rest was for 5 that had been PIF.  There are also a lot of Cruise Planner purchases that are included in those refunds.  I always buy the UDP and DBP+Voom (unless on a ship where Voom is included in the fare) early so as to get the best price. I do not see the deposit for the Grandeur 14 night for 2-20-22 ($900) so that one is still outstanding.  There are other outstanding credits as well but I'm not sure how much $$.  I haven't taken the time to audit all of this yet.

Yes.  I would rather be sailing but at least I have the reassurance that I have NO FCC's hanging out there and I am getting my money back....you really cannot ask for more than that.

I can't stress enough how important it is to have a good Travel Agent to intercede on your behalf for these kinds of issues.  I am quite certain that I would not have had the positive results I got, if I had tried to do this on my own.

image.png.73b2b719ff1f3f0d253720c3ef8db00e.png

image.png.d282f0bec4a06f72e7450cbddefe5578.png

I couldn't agree more. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Our federal government has reinstated the Level 3 travel warning against international travel which means travel insurance may not be valid and there is a chance that we won't be let back in immediately. 

They really you got you people under control.

Sound worse than living in the NorthEastern US.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, matj2000 said:

They really you got you people under control.

Sound worse than living in the NorthEastern US.

And herein lies the problem with socialized health care, it only works if it's funded properly. After years of underfunding our hospitals they just can't keep up now. When it's for profit they find the capacity. Sad state of affairs up here. 

• Like 1

We have lived under tighter restrictions these past 18 months than some other countries. My husband travelled for work to NYC in November and found many people seemed to have returned to normal living. The hardest thing for him to get over mentally was that masks weren't required indoors if you are vaccinated.

Meanwhile here we have stricter measures coming into place tomorrow when we had just started to loosen them up a few weeks ago. It's so frustrating. 

We are due to cruise over March break and hope that more is known about Omicron between now and then and things are a little calmer. I feel like right now the media is creating a lot of fear in people in the way they are reporting the new variant when we don't have a full understanding of this strain yet. 

I hope that this strain won't be aggressive as Delta and am really hoping that further travel restrictions and border closures won't be put into place as we move into the new year. 

I doubt Royal will alter their policy for Canadians.... they were wholly unsympathetic to us in March 2020 when they refused a refund from our cancellation when Canada imposed travel restrictions and advised no cruise ship travel. We cancelled on the last day we could using CWC which had just been implemented. Had we ignored our top doc's and hung in there, we would have gotten a refund when Royal shut down two days later.

I am trying to use that FCC for the new cruise this coming March and will be unable to do so if the borders close or there are punitive measures put into place such as mandatory two week quarantine put into place for returning travellers.

Edited by JillK

They want you to take a FCC, but if they change the masking protocols, then it's good justification for asking politely but persistently for a refund. I've canceled 5 cruises on Royal and Carnival, 4 after changed protocols, and always received a full refund. Once they tried hard to get me to accept a FCC, but I mentioned that Carnival gave me a full refund with no problems and so I'd be more likely to cruise with them in the future. It's another reason to have a good local TA who will do the work and negotiating for you, especially since it will be very, very difficult to get live agents now, and this way the TA does all the hours spent on hold for cancellations or price adjustments.