Videos from Regent Splendor - December 8th Cruise

dvalentine823

On 12/19/2021 at 9:42 AM, dvalentine823 said:

Or you can just go with my strategy of putting everything I can fit on my plate. Then I pick and choose as I taste! But seriously, all of the food was really good. One disappointment was Prime 7, which I think we visited on the fourth night. That was just mediocre!

I recommend getting the Porterhouse for 2, but agree that the Asian and French restaurants knocked it out while Prime7 was just good.  Did you go for lunch?

Really enjoyed first video.  We also stayed on 9th and enjoyed an efficient boarding in Barcelona even with a 'more ordinary' suite.  Best dish for me was Grilled Octopus dish in French restaurant only available at lunch.  Absolutely superb.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Pizzasteve said:

I recommend getting the Porterhouse for 2, but agree that the Asian and French restaurants knocked it out while Prime7 was just good.  Did you go for lunch?

Really enjoyed first video.  We also stayed on 9th and enjoyed an efficient boarding in Barcelona even with a 'more ordinary' suite.  Best dish for me was Grilled Octopus dish in French restaurant only available at lunch.  Absolutely superb.

We’ve been on 14 Regent cruises and have never seen grilled octopus 🐙 on the menu.  Thanks for the tip and will be looking for it on our next cruise. 
Z and TB

3 hours ago, Zqueeze1 said:

We’ve been on 14 Regent cruises and have never seen grilled octopus 🐙 on the menu.  Thanks for the tip and will be looking for it on our next cruise. 
Z and TB

I was told in confidence that it is the Captains favorite dish too.  Dont tell too many folks :-).

On 1/2/2022 at 8:18 PM, Pizzasteve said:

No, did not go to any of the reservation restaurants for lunch. Will make a note to do that on our summer sailing !

10 hours ago, 2012_Alaska_bound said:

Great videos, but missed seeing the fitness center on Deck 6? Maybe it will come up in a later video?

You are correct!! Have videos, but just forgot to include them. I will have a walkthrough in the next installment this coming Saturday.

• Like 1

On 12/18/2021 at 2:30 PM, dvalentine823 said:

The first video from the cruise has been posted to our channel. Search YouTube for:

I am getting on this ship in 2 days (January 6) and ma very excited to experience it for myself.  I loved your videos and have subscribed!  Thanks for sharing for those of us who are too excited and impatient to wait to see for ourselves! hehehehe

• Like 1

I am envious of your upcoming cruise on board Splendor, having disembarked in Athens just over a month ago.  At that time, the tugboat drivers (for want of a better word!) were on strike and our itinerary was adjusted so that we could arrive in Athens before they all downed tools.  It was explained at the time that Splendor had no need for tugboat assistance and the Captain had requested that we be able to enter the port independently, but (unsurprisingly) this was against (?union?) agreements and therefore we'd miss a couple of planned ports as a result. 

All of that is a roundabout way of saying "I believe Splendor does indeed have bow thrusters but may be obliged to make use of local tugboats in certain ports" 😉

On 12/18/2021 at 2:30 PM, dvalentine823 said:

Hello everyone,

Cruise was great! And I only put on 4 pounds.

The first video from the cruise has been posted to our channel. Search YouTube for:

Travels with Daren and Johnetta; or

Regent Splendor

and you should be able to find the video. They take awhile to put together, so I will post each Saturday until I get through the 9 days of footage. So subscribe ad hit the notification bell.  I would post the actual link, but for some reason when I do, my posts never see the light of day.

Lovely video. Hope I will be able to get aboard Splendor next December (similar itinerary, 10 days). However, my 2021 vaccinations would have expired, so I may need new shots.

On 12/19/2021 at 7:46 PM, dvalentine823 said:

Glad you enjoyed the video!

J and I are booked on back to back segments in August on Voyager, going from Copenhagen to London to Amsterdam (22 nights). After that, who knows! 

I transferred a Voyager 2023 Transatlantic to Splendor. What did you like about Voyager? I was a bit concerned about ships' stability to travel across the Atlantic.

7 hours ago, SireDoime said:

I transferred a Voyager 2023 Transatlantic to Splendor. What did you like about Voyager? I was a bit concerned about ships' stability to travel across the Atlantic.

It has been so long since I was on Voyager, that any memories are long gone. But...just having the larger gym and Pacific Rim would make a transatlantic cruise better, IMO.

One thing, we were on deck 9 on Splendor, and the ship creaked alot in medium rough waters. So much so that we had to wear earplugs at night. I never had that experience on any other ship.  So even though Splendor is newer, that does not make it more stable. 

Edited by dvalentine823
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, dvalentine823 said:

on deck 9 on Splendor, and the ship creaked alot in medium rough waters. So much so that we had to wear earplugs at night. 

I will be on Deck 8 today so it will be interesting to see what she is like.

These videos are fantastic!
Thanks so much for taking the time to create and post them.

We are scheduled to be on Splendor in April, after re-scheduling cancelled cruises on at least 2 other sailings…I’ve lost count!

We look forward to more episodes!

Sue

• Like 2

Hi dvalentine823

Thank you for your videos. We are down hearted at the moment as we cancelled our Splendor 3rd Feb b2b,  b2b. So your videos have been great to see as we have not been on Splendor yet.

We did do Explorer and got off just before the shutdown and loved it. We are now rebooked for Splendor Jan 23 and also Grandeur in Jan 24.

Just an observation from your ship tour video, I noticed that the second row of sun beds on the pool deck were facing the first row of double sun beds, I don't think I would like to spend my day staring at the neighbours. Was it set up like this everyday? On Explorer all the beds had their backs to each other. Also would have thought that in these Covid times having 2 rows of beds head to head was not enough social distancing space, where as back to back ones head is the furthest away from the row behind or in front. Hopefully this will be changed at some stage!!!

Can't wait for the next video, keep up the good work

@dvalentine823 

@DeweySki

I can say that your videos are far more enlightening than any of the video posted from those two Travel Agents. I guess it takes an guest experience to make the difference. I cannot wait for the next episode.

Also, I just read that another poster had gotten COVID on his current Regent sailing on Explorer (10 hours ago). I felt so heartbroken to read that. and he was doing the Panama Canal. He says he'll have to watch it from the balcony, if he and his Partner don't recover before the transit.

Take care!

Day 2 and a Tour were previously uploaded, and Days 3 and 4 (combined video) was just posted. I don't want to annoy people on the board, so please subscribe to keep up to date with the postings.

Day 3 was a sea day, and other than the gym and food, we did absolutely nothing. We did eat at Chartreuse that night, as our first specialty restaurant. The next day we were late getting into San Juan, due to weather. The remainder of the video is the Regent tour of the museum and the city.

Enjoy

Edited by dvalentine823
  • Like 2