Pre-buy Internet for Emerald 10 Day Cruise?

patrickmoran

Is the price the same when you are onboard as pre-cruise ($10/day for 1 device)? We are Elite and would rather just pay the 50% off price rather than getting OBC.

Whensailings started a couple of months ago, posts indicated there was some savings if internet booked prior to the cruise.

Thanks

1 hour ago, patrickmoran said:

Is the price the same when you are onboard as pre-cruise ($10/day for 1 device)? We are Elite and would rather just pay the 50% off price rather than getting OBC.

Whensailings started a couple of months ago, posts indicated there was some savings if internet booked prior to the cruise.

Thanks

We always but the Princess Plus but I’ve read numerous accounts that the cheapest wya to purchase the WiFi for the entire cruise is pre-cruise and then getting 50% back in OBC when you board.  So, in doing it this way, it will cost you $5 a day per device if prepurchsed but goes up to $7.50 per day per device if you wait to purchase it onboard.  These prices are for elite passengers.  

1 hour ago, waltd said:

Where do you purchase the internet package?   I've looked online and can't seem to find any information.

Thanks

In my Medallion App under the first section with the header “Ocean Ready Profile”  is Medallionnet. If you select that you will be given the option to purchase for 1 device or Multi- device.  Hopefully this works for you. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shelly97060 said:

In my Medallion App under the first section with the header “Ocean Ready Profile”  is Medallionnet. If you select that you will be given the option to purchase for 1 device or Multi- device.  Hopefully this works for you. 

Thank You that helps.  One additional question.   Can 2 people use the plan?   Can I use the internet than log out then let my partner long in to his account and use the plan?   Or is that what two devices means? We only need to check emails a couple of times during our cruise. 

@waltd Yes, 2 people could use the single device plan. if you purchase a single device plan it doesn’t matter which device  is logged on as long as only 1 device at a time is using.  For example 1 person could use their phone sometimes, log off and use their iPad or computer sometimes. 

Edited by Shelly97060
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shelly97060 said:

@waltd Yes, 2 people could use the single device plan. if you purchase a single device plan it doesn’t matter which device  is logged on as long as only 1 device at a time is using.  For example 1 person could use their phone sometimes, log off and use their iPad or computer sometimes. 

Perfect.   Thank you.   You have been a wealth of information.    With the Elite discount it will be worth it for the 10 days.   Peace of mind.☺️

• Like 1

6 hours ago, patrickmoran said:

Thanks

5 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

We always but the Princess Plus but I’ve read numerous accounts that the cheapest wya to purchase the WiFi for the entire cruise is pre-cruise and then getting 50% back in OBC when you board.  So, in doing it this way, it will cost you $5 a day per device if prepurchsed but goes up to $7.50 per day per device if you wait to purchase it onboard.  These prices are for elite passengers.  

Primarily due to the fact that the MC App is charging the full cost and then the guest is getting the 50% off as Refundable OBC, Princess is offering the pre-cruise price if purchase it on-board on DAY 1.  Then the price goes up.  When they do implement the MC App feature so that it recognizes CC Status and applies the discount for pre-purchase, they may not offer the lower price on Day 1.  The enhancement was either an oversight or delayed due to other MC App priorities but is something being worked on.  Seems pretty simple to me to do, so IDK what the hold-up is.

On 12/20/2021 at 10:41 PM, Steelers36 said:

Primarily due to the fact that the MC App is charging the full cost and then the guest is getting the 50% off as Refundable OBC, Princess is offering the pre-cruise price if purchase it on-board on DAY 1.  Then the price goes up.  When they do implement the MC App feature so that it recognizes CC Status and applies the discount for pre-purchase, they may not offer the lower price on Day 1.  The enhancement was either an oversight or delayed due to other MC App priorities but is something being worked on.  Seems pretty simple to me to do, so IDK what the hold-up is.

If (STATUS = "Elite" or STATUS = "Platinum") THEN PRICE = (PRICE * .5);

Done  🙂

• Like 1

On 12/22/2021 at 9:26 AM, Steelers36 said:

Exactly.  Should be a 2 minute change for a competent programmer.  The App knows the guest status and the App knows the pricing.

Have you heard of the MedallionNet 

Buy Plan button not working, or not 

highlighted so you can purchase on the App?  
Seems as though I have to call on every

Cruise to purchase it.

TIA

2 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Have you heard of the MedallionNet 

Buy Plan button not working, or not 

highlighted so you can purchase on the App?  
Seems as though I have to call on every

Cruise to purchase it.

TIA

I believe some others have posted that.  You can wait until DAY 1 on board the ship and the plan is being offered that day at the pre-cruise price.  This is mainly because of pre-cruise issues and also that the MC App does not recognize status as yet and charge the net price after 50% discount (assuming eligible).

8 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I believe some others have posted that.  You can wait until DAY 1 on board the ship and the plan is being offered that day at the pre-cruise price.  This is mainly because of pre-cruise issues and also that the MC App does not recognize status as yet and charge the net price after 50% discount (assuming eligible).

Thank you, I’ve read that, but as a planner, no way can I wait!  Lol

I will just call again.  Other than that

“buy plan” button, the app has been

okay for me.  Little glitches here and

there. 

14 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Thank you, I’ve read that, but as a planner, no way can I wait!  Lol

I will just call again.  Other than that

“buy plan” button, the app has been

okay for me.  Little glitches here and

there. 

I am a planner as well and my plan is to wait until they fix the App to charge me 50% net and if not fixed by the time of our OCT 01 departure, I will just book it on board Day 1.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, misguy said:

If you can still add the Princess Plus it is a better deal, because it includes the drink package, the internet and tips and significantly reduced rate.

This is true to the extent that one drinks enough to get the benefit from the package.  A few don't care about the internet, so they would need to be drinking more to make up the difference. 

It's close for us, but I normally bring my own wine, so that makes a significant difference.  Also, not much opportunity for drinking on the ship on port days.  We're just light drinkers and so far I haven't done it.  If it could just be one us, I would do it, just to have fun trying a whole bunch of new drinks and not feel I need to drain the glass.

3 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

This is true to the extent that one drinks enough to get the benefit from the package.  A few don't care about the internet, so they would need to be drinking more to make up the difference. 

It's close for us, but I normally bring my own wine, so that makes a significant difference.  Also, not much opportunity for drinking on the ship on port days.  We're just light drinkers and so far I haven't done it.  If it could just be one us, I would do it, just to have fun trying a whole bunch of new drinks and not feel I need to drain the glass.

We don't normally by the drink package, but this offer makes it worthwhile if you drink a couple of drinks everyday.  

On 12/20/2021 at 8:22 PM, waltd said:

Perfect.   Thank you.   You have been a wealth of information.    With the Elite discount it will be worth it for the 10 days.   Peace of mind.☺️

I don’t know if you purchased the internet package already…but the app “buy plan”button for the internet didn’t work on 3 of my cruises….

So, I  called in and got transferred to Ocean Ready dept. (?)  long hold, but very nice agent.  She booked wifi for the 3 cruises and gave me the discounted price!!!  $5.00 a day. 

She booked it on the website ….shows up on my Cruise personalizer Travel Summary!!

Okay, Steelers36….you can plan with that, hey?

lol

Anyway, its done!

Tonna