Just a Reminder: Check your charges Daily!

Jadn13

It’s easy to check the app or print out from the kiosk daily.

Twice I was charged for drinks that should have been charged to someone sitting nearby. 

The servers double checks your name when ordering but with the masks this could be muffled or not understood. 
Although they have access to photos as well 😷

It was easy to handle the charges daily instead of waiting till the end or after the cruise.

I enjoyed the App and Medallion use while onboard so no real complaints here.

Edited by Jadn13

Agree. We were charged for drinks a few times when we should not have been, since we had Princess Plus. Quick trip to Guest Services and they were removed without question.  While we did not try this I believe you can also chat with Guest Services using the Medallion app, and then would not even need to wait in line. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, geoherb said:

In my case, the erroneous charge was on the last night of the cruise. I did not see it until receiving the email after disembarking. I'm still waiting for it to be reversed. 

13 hours ago, paradiselivin1 said:

DH was charged for a drink that wasn't his and was quickly reversed by CS rep. I do keep an eye on our account to avoid issues at the end.

Looks like a big difference in trying to get charges removed after getting off the ship ...

do they still slip a final statement under your cabin door - or can you request one before disembarkation?

3 minutes ago, voljeep said:

Looks like a big difference in trying to get charges removed after getting off the ship ...

do they still slip a final statement under your cabin door - or can you request one before disembarkation?

They do not give you a printed statement under the cabin door. You can ask for one to be printed at guest services, use the self-service kiosks when they're working, or check on the app. My mistake was not checking the morning I disembarked to make sure they had not charged me for anything in error the last night of the cruise. I had been checking it daily on the app.  

• Thanks 1

Unfortunately when there is more than one person around, the wrong medallion can be picked up for charging. We were buying a watch and there was a person closer to the register than us. The salesperson verified our name and it was the other person. My husband handed the salesperson his medallion and the correct charge went on our account.So it can really happen easily with a busy bar server.

21 minutes ago, san diego sue said:

Unfortunately when there is more than one person around, the wrong medallion can be picked up for charging. We were buying a watch and there was a person closer to the register than us. The salesperson verified our name and it was the other person.

Wow.

That seems like a dangerous situation that all passengers should be alert to.

Or exploit!