Cafe Al Bacio

JennyD1

45 minutes ago, JennyD1 said:

Is there a charge for the pastries and deserts at Cafe Al Bacio?  I have cruised on Celebrity many times and have never been there.  

As addictive as they can be, you may wish that there WAS a charge that would help you slow down on the intake!  But no, no charge.  I'm with Jim on the almond croissants.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Pickels recommendation is delicious.   I also love the Sticky Buns and Almond Croissants.   They will even put them in a little to go bag if you want to take them with you. 

I just had one of their sticky bun this morning and it was great. 🙂

12 minutes ago, 39august said:

The  lemon tarts are my fav. And you don't have to buy a beverage to get the pastries. 

With AI, most of the beverage options are free in any case.  We decided to have some fun on our recent cruise and work through all of the various teas that we hadn't tried before. 

• Like 2

Funny story I'd like to share; once made a server laugh!  

As I was getting the last of the cobbler at the buffet; a server was bringing out a new tray of cobbler.  I told him-- "don't bother putting it down, I'll take the tray".  Put a smile on his face and made him laugh! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks everyone for the info.  I will be cruising next week and I will definitely check it out.  I was never fond of any of the deserts at the buffet.  I loved the almond croissants they used to have at the afternoon tea, but they stopped serving them.  I hope the ones they have at the Cafe are as good.

As long as we are talking about favorite treats at Cafe al Bacio, my vote goes to the chocolate-filled eclairs.  Rather than custard, I love, love, love the eclair with chocolate.  I don't see them often, but will make several trips a day when they are available...😋.  Fingers crossed they make an appearance on Reflection next month.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, canderson said:

With AI, most of the beverage options are free in any case.  We decided to have some fun on our recent cruise and work through all of the various teas that we hadn't tried before. 

I love the brand of tea they carry.  I've started ordering it for home and for gifts.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, helen haywood said:

We often skip dessert at the MDR as we’re too full and go later to Cafe al Bacio for dessert.

I also skip MDR desserts most evenings as cafe el bacio has a better assortment. However I love the MDR bananas foster

5 hours ago, klflote said:

I mean, if you haven't been to Cafe al Bacio, have you even been aboard a Celebrity ship?

I have been on many Celebrity cruises.  My husband and I do not drink coffee or tea, so we never went there.  We are not really into desserts with dinner. We did check out the desserts at the buffet and nothing ever appealed to us.  I used to like the soft serve when it was ice cream but the last few cruises we were on they had changed to ice milk, which I did not like.  The pastries at Cafe Al Bacio sound wonderful.  I will be there next week to try them.

Edited by JennyD1

3 minutes ago, dateacher said:

I love the brand of tea they carry.  I've started ordering it for home and for gifts.

The ginger lemon tea was my favorite. I was disappointed in the camomile offering,  just slightly better than the weak variety that's found at the other venues. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lola2013 said:

As long as we are talking about favorite treats at Cafe al Bacio, my vote goes to the chocolate-filled eclairs.  Rather than custard, I love, love, love the eclair with chocolate.  I don't see them often, but will make several trips a day when they are available...😋.  Fingers crossed they make an appearance on Reflection next month.

Hopefully they have them on Reflection next week!

Not just skipping dessert…if I don’t eat all my entree (which is every night) they are concerned I didn’t like it and want to get me something else.  I just don’t eat three meals a day at home…and our dinners aren’t three course meals…if on land at a restaurant I take home a doggy bag.  I’m not sure they believe me when I say it was delicious…I’m just full.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, JennyD1 said:

I loved the almond croissants they used to have at the afternoon tea, but they stopped serving them.  I hope the ones they have at the Cafe are as good.

The one I had on board Millennium was quite good, and I don't even like that sort of thing (although I'm occasionally drawn to a pain au chocolate).  One of the waiters brought me the almond croissant because she didn't really believe that I only wanted a plain one.  I ate it (of course), and I enjoyed it.  However, I still prefer a lovely, plain croissant (and the ones in Café al Bacio are lovely).