Move up question - again!

5 minutes ago, tdrenth said:

Yes, but have people successfully moved by calling?

One way to find out…I’ve called several times to change cabins/upgrade, but not for the bid process, just us finding a suite upgrade we liked.  Always have done by a call to celebrity with maximum wait time of 18 minutes.  Though note we’ve now canceled our two 2022 cruises, not because of Covid, rather because we found a long cruise in 2023 which we loved and have turned over to a TA.  Good luck with whatever you decide!

On 12/23/2021 at 1:11 PM, SeaPete said:

I was looking to use the move up program but there was a statement on the move up page that stated it was non refundable.  So, if I have to cancel two days before cruise (covid) I lose that money?  That seems like a terrible risk to me.

Have gotten off track. You cannot cancell an accepted move up bid.  Pretty clear so far?  Thus the $$ for move up are attached to the new cabin.

Of course if you cannot cruise those $$ would be refunded.  The move up $$ is part of your reservation and refunded according to current Covid policy.

I would be move concerned about other changes such as a cruise to nowhere or port restrictions.   No refund there except a few port charges 

And yes, we have moved a cabin received on a move up bid using our TA. Same exact category.   Was easy.

Edited by Arizona Wildcat

2 hours ago, LGW59 said:

call, put the phone on speaker and go about your business…when the CSR comes on , voila.

I did just that.  Yes, there was another option available but not far from the cabin we currently have so we're packing the earplugs and sound machine and enjoying every meal we can in Luminae. 😉 

6 hours ago, tdrenth said:

Sailing Reflection on January 2 and successfully bid Aqua to Sky Suite, however the location and reviews for the cabin we've received are pretty negative because of noise.  What are my options now?  Call and sit on hold for who knows how long or wait until we board and ask then? Is there a chance we could change?

First time we've ever used Move Up and now I wonder if it was a bad idea....  

No, it was not a bad idea.  You could do a dummy booking to see if there are any Sky Suites in your category still available.  If not, forget about it and enjoy your cruise.  If yes, then call and see if you can switch cabins, but I am not sure that I would bother.  

2 minutes ago, as3369 said:

We received move up email approximately 30 days prior to sailing.  Has anyone every experienced if the minimum bids ever change?  Currently they are quite steep.

The minimum bids are all over the place and have varied occasionally.   Move up has really worked best for us after final payment date.

22 hours ago, tdrenth said:

Sailing Reflection on January 2 and successfully bid Aqua to Sky Suite, however the location and reviews for the cabin we've received are pretty negative because of noise.  What are my options now?  Call and sit on hold for who knows how long or wait until we board and ask then? Is there a chance we could change?

First time we've ever used Move Up and now I wonder if it was a bad idea....  

I just looked at your sailing and the only available SS is 2190 a accessible cabin. The now longer Upgrade Fairy gave us that suite a few years.  The only noise we heard was a occasional sound that sounded like far off thunder.  Happened each afternoon between 3-5.  If that sounds better than the location you have try and move.