Move up question - again!

According to Celebrity, you're stuck with the room they give you.

According to the occasional post on CC, a travel agent might be able to move the room to another in the same category once the move-up is complete.

• Like 1

Generally there is only a day or 2 before sailing that the MoveUp is processed.  What @D C states is true.   One time after booking a GTY cabin I called Celebrity to switch to another cabin and was denied as it was a GTY booking.   Contacted my TA and it was done in a couple minutes.

1 hour ago, wrk2cruise said:

Generally there is only a day or 2 before sailing that the MoveUp is processed.  What @D C states is true.   One time after booking a GTY cabin I called Celebrity to switch to another cabin and was denied as it was a GTY booking.   Contacted my TA and it was done in a couple minutes.

That’s the kind of answer I wanted. I did read the the thread I just wanted personal experience to try and help me decide. 

I was looking to use the move up program but there was a statement on the move up page that stated it was non refundable.  So, if I have to cancel two days before cruise (covid) I lose that money?  That seems like a terrible risk to me.

2 minutes ago, SeaPete said:

I was looking to use the move up program but there was a statement on the move up page that stated it was non refundable.  So, if I have to cancel two days before cruise (covid) I lose that money?  That seems like a terrible risk to me.

I hadn’t seen that. Unfortunately that is an issue at the moment. Something else to think about!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, SeaPete said:

I am not 100% sure, but I am presuming the "non-refundable" statement means once you bid, provided you are able to sail, you cannot cancel your bid.  If you cancel due to a positive Covid test, I can't imagine they would not refund that money, or at the very least give you future credit.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

I am not 100% sure, but I am presuming the "non-refundable" statement means once you bid, provided you are able to sail, you cannot cancel your bid.  If you cancel due to a positive Covid test, I can't imagine they would not refund that money, or at the very least give you future credit.

I would place that $6k bid but not after reading that.  They need to reword and make clear exactly what is at stake.

1 hour ago, SeaPete said:

48 minutes ago, SeaPete said:

I would place that $6k bid but not after reading that.  They need to reword and make clear exactly what is at stake.

Obviously your decision.  

Here is what they say on Celebrity.com. Celebrity basically is saying that you cannot submit a bid and then change your mind and cancel once it is accepted.  Seems very reasonable to me.  

Acceptance and Rejection of an Offer

Celebrity reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine if an Offer is accepted or not, regardless of stateroom availability.  Celebrity may review and make a decision about an Offer at any time after the Offer is submitted, up to 48 hours before the cruise departure date. If Celebrity accepts the Offer, Guest will receive an email confirming the acceptance of the Offer and the details of the upgraded stateroom booking (the “Upgrade”). Celebrity will assign the location of the stateroom in its discretion. The Upgrade will have the same number of berths as the original stateroom. Immediately upon Celebrity’s acceptance of an Offer, the Total Amount will be charged to the Credit Card and becomes final and non-refundable. Refunds, credits, or changes may be issued only in the following circumstances: 1) Celebrity cancels the cruise, or 2) Celebrity cancels the cruise and re-books the guests onto another cruise in a stateroom class that is lower than the upgraded stateroom class. Any refund or credit will be limited to the Upgrade charge and credited back to the Credit Card in the same currency of the original charge; no other charges or fees of any type or nature will be refunded or credited.  If Celebrity does not accept the Offer, the original booking will continue and persons associated with the booking will travel in the original stateroom category. Celebrity will not offer and guests will not receive any compensation, consideration, or other benefit as a result of the Offer not being accepted.”

Edited by jagoffee

This is exactly what is quoted:

I acknowledge that the upgrade does not include any additional promotions, that the stateroom will be assigned based on space availability, and that once accepted, the upgrade is final and non-refundable.
I acknowledge that I will keep the same amenities that I have on my current booking; no additional amenities will be added as a result of my upgrade.

42 minutes ago, SeaPete said:

I acknowledge that the upgrade does not include any additional promotions, that the stateroom will be assigned based on space availability, and that once accepted, the upgrade is final and non-refundable.
I acknowledge that I will keep the same amenities that I have on my current booking; no additional amenities will be added as a result of my upgrade.

So if I upgrade from Aqua to a suite none of the Suite amenities (lounge, retreat, sundeck, etc.) are available to me?

3 hours ago, SeaPete said:

Quoted on what?  The first sentence is correct, the second sentence is not.
As the statement about amenities is absolutely incorrect.  Substitute amenities with promotions and it is correct.  

Is your quote from a third party non Celebrity source?  Or just a different area of Celebrity website that is poorly written?

Here  is where I see the information.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/bid-on-cruise-room-upgrade

We bid for RS from CS on Silhouette, it was declined. As soon as we boarded asked Customer services and they said Yes to us and friends as 2 RS available. . Went to Retreat Lounge and the Concierge was already working on the move. The upgrade on board was $200 less than we bid .

How many Move-Up promotions do they have?  We have friends on the January 30 Equinox sailing that were just offered the opportunity to place a Move-Up bid.  We are on the same sailing, both in veranda cabins and booked through the same travel agency, and we didn't receive any e-mail offers.  When I go to the Celebrity site to look for Move-Up offers for our sailing, it says Move-Up isn't offered until 21 days before the sailing. Does Celebrity do a couple of rounds of Move-Up?  How early have others received a Move-Up offer?

11 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Quoted on what?  The first sentence is correct, the second sentence is not.
As the statement about amenities is absolutely incorrect.  Substitute amenities with promotions and it is correct.  

Is your quote from a third party non Celebrity source?  Or just a different area of Celebrity website that is poorly written?

Here  is where I see the information.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/bid-on-cruise-room-upgrade

I received a move up email from Celebrity.  When I put in my bid and gave my credit card info I was then transferred to another page that I quoted.  I copy and pasted exactly as it was written.

5 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

How many Move-Up promotions do they have?  We have friends on the January 30 Equinox sailing that were just offered the opportunity to place a Move-Up bid.  We are on the same sailing, both in veranda cabins and booked through the same travel agency, and we didn't receive any e-mail offers.  When I go to the Celebrity site to look for Move-Up offers for our sailing, it says Move-Up isn't offered until 21 days before the sailing. Does Celebrity do a couple of rounds of Move-Up?  How early have others received a Move-Up offer?

Assuming you used the link attached on 15, I suggest you try it again.  Make sure that you enter the information exactly correct.  If your booking is the same as your friend’s booking, I no idea why t sound not work.

3 hours ago, pooh/tigger said:

I wonder if they look at the room you are trading and that increases your chances of winning the bid.

We are looking at moving up to Aqua, trading a veranda accessible. 

Not sure.  I do believe your bidding range is influenced by the amount you paid for your current booking.  I would think that what they can get for your vacated room is a factor.  

1 hour ago, SeaPete said:

I received a move up email from Celebrity.  When I put in my bid and gave my credit card info I was then transferred to another page that I quoted.  I copy and pasted exactly as it was written.

Thanks.  I never paid attention to that page.  Did you cancel your bid?  Or do you now feel more comfortable?  Many of use have made bids and won bids without any issues or concerns.  

Best of luck with whatever you decide.

If you were asking me I still haven't decided.  It's a reasonable price to offer for the balcony but having cruised a while now I know that the choice of room can be very important to the enjoyment of my cruise.  I have a bit of time and I have written to my TA so I'll see what they say.  

Sailing Reflection on January 2 and successfully bid Aqua to Sky Suite, however the location and reviews for the cabin we've received are pretty negative because of noise.  What are my options now?  Call and sit on hold for who knows how long or wait until we board and ask then? Is there a chance we could change?

First time we've ever used Move Up and now I wonder if it was a bad idea....  

3 minutes ago, tdrenth said:

Sailing Reflection on January 2 and successfully bid Aqua to Sky Suite, however the location and reviews for the cabin we've received are pretty negative because of noise.  What are my options now?  Call and sit on hold for who knows how long or wait until we board and ask then? Is there a chance we could change?

Where was your Aqua cabin?  Most are under the pool deck and I don't think it could be any worse.

6 minutes ago, tdrenth said:

call, put the phone on speaker and go about your business…when the CSR comes on , voila.