The Daily for Friday 12/24/2021

richwmn

Today is National Chocolate Day, National Egg Nog Day, and Last Minute Shopping Day

Men are only as loyal as their options. - Bill Maher

Meal Suggestion for today - Grilled Sea Bass
Drink of the Day - Vampiro
Wine of the Day - Simi Sauvingnon Blanc - California - White
Destination of the Day - Piraeus (Athens), Greece

Ships With Passengers

At Sea Caribbean

Nieuw Amsterdam

Destination Amber Cove 00:00 - 24:00

Nieuw Statendam

Destination USVI

Rotterdam

Destination Sint Maartin

At Sea Pacific

Koningsdam

Destination San Diego CA US 07:00 - 15:00

Zuiderdam

Destination Cabo San Lucas

Grand Turk Island, Cockburn Town, Turks and Caicos

Eurodam

08:00 - 13:00

Ships Without Passengers

At Sea Atlantic

Oosterdam

Destination Cadiz SP eta 12/27

Corfu GR

Volendam

Zaandam

Freeport BS

Noordam

La Paz MX

Westerdam

Anchorage

1224Caribbean.thumb.png.ceae7c049c9d1d5d7a6d6f8648e855f7.png

1224Europe.thumb.png.9dd8b8c9632a47b2632b134afde87a54.png

1224NAmerica@.thumb.png.e8a863d16b6c93e0b87ace1300d82db5.png

Edited by richwmn
  • Like 30
  • Thanks 12

Good morning.  Happy Christmas Eve.  Thanks for the Daily Report. (love the maps)

Every day should be chocolate day.😉  No last minute shopping for me this year.  I'll pass on the eggnog.

Interesting quote.

The meal suggestion sounds good, but I'll have to save that for another day.

Not sure about the drink of the day, it sounds like something for Halloween.

I'm sure the wine will be good.

We were in Athens on a HAL cruise many years ago, I'm not sure if I can find pictures.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day.  Prayers for everyone.

Stay safe.

• Like 22

Good morning Rich and fellow Daily-ites. Happy Christmas Eve!

Sending out many prayers and blessings this morning to those in need of them. Jacqui, Jose, Roy, Graham and others close to our hearts today. 

It was a nice evening last night. After we left Rich to his music venue we went to the Crows Nest and chatted with our Sharon and Craig before they left for dinner.

Our morning looks a bit foggy. Seas are calm.

Going up for my cappuccino. Will check in later to see how everyone is doing. Xx

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for the Christmas Eve Daily, Rich.  My only last minute shopping will be at Wegmans.  I usually go there Saturdays but they're closed tomorrow.  I'll pass on the Egg Nog but savor my Sees Chocolate.  I like the Mayer quote but will pass on the Egg Nog.  Many years since I've been to Athens, embarking Silver Whisper in 2007 and Crystal Serenity in 2010.

Today’s care list:

Strength for Jacqui, healing for Jose and wisdom for his doctors
Himself with Covid

Welfare of furloughed crews
cunnorl sister difficult chemo toleration
Strength for Atexsix and healing for his father
Mamaofami’s friend and Walkerin hospice
1ANGELCAT with finger in splint
Mamaofami,  grandson and lazey1 awaiting  Covid results
From the rotation:
SrLouisCruiser awaiting MOSE 2/21
Cruisin Terri Autoimmune problem
HAL Sailor DH health issues
NextOne  DDIL with mystery illness

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Grapau27 successful MOSE
6 BHB with passengers

Front Line Health Care Workers
Zuiderdam with revenue passengers
Av8rix (1/9) Seasick Sailor (1/16), Lindaler, garlictown, Sharon, and Rich(Rotterdam to 2 Jan)  a
and Ichiban Nekko (Nieuw Amsterdam to 1/8) at sea
msmayor in Virginia
Ger_77 in Calgary
HorizonChaser1957 in Chilliwack
MissG back in Canada
A lovely grand child for Norseh2o
Koningsdan Staff Captain Sabine - officially onboard & introduced. - Our first female staff captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 27
  • Thanks 9

Thank you for today’s On Location Daily, Rich! Quite a collection of days!

Up early for a yearly mammogram and a couple of errands. Last night’s neighborhood party was fun and just a bit warmer than the prior two nights. 

Thank you for keeping our growing lists, Roy. Morning Dailyite family! 

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

CE8A6503-34F7-4D90-A257-8FAC4708DD0A.jpeg.73e6dc5b31d78dda82a6ebe025be233c.jpeg

730A5F08-4A09-47E0-B460-71B303C2931F.jpeg.b68e9df21f00a2ee07ea4987d9fecb86.jpeg

73B859E7-6959-4645-BA20-AE39B741C4A4.jpeg.067ea8257caf70134fcbe51b99fdf92a.jpeg

The post neighborhood party scene. 

Simi Sauvignon Blanc

Today’s wine is easy to find, has very good ratings and is very reasonably priced. Numerous online distributors with prices starting at $9.98.

Winemaker Notes

This brilliantly clear, pale-straw-colored Sauvignon Blanc is fresh, bright, and crisp. The wine opens with complex aromas of lime zest, Meyer lemon, pink grapefruit, lemongrass, freshly cut hay, honeysuckle, and a hint of wet stone. Fresh and forward, zesty flavors of grapefruit and citrus with subtle herbal notes meld beautifully with a vivid acidity. Fresh, full, and vibrant, the finish is long and lingering with lemongrass and mineral. SIMI Winery Executive Chef Kolin Vazzoler suggests pairing this wine with shaved spring vegetables and radicchio with shallot Sauvignon Blanc vinaigrette, Dungeness crab salad with endive and Meyer lemon dressing, BBQ scallops with salsa verde, arugula pesto tortellini, and roasted sole with parsley, capers, and garlic. It’s also a great aperitif with prosciutto and melon, goat cheese, poke salad, or raw oysters.

WW88 Wilfred Wong of Wine.com
COMMENTARY: The 2019 Simi Sauvignon Blanc is smooth and nicely textured. TASTING NOTES: This wine offers delightful aromas and flavors of apple, peach, and melon. Enjoy it as an aperitif or with melon and prosciutto. 
  • Like 30
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Good afternoon.

I had my operation this morning and was home by 11.00am GMT.

Thank you for posting today's daily Rich from your cruise ship 

Thank you Roy for posting the lists while undergoing a lengthy radiotherapy therapy treatment.

Lovely days.

Chocolate 😋😋 and eggnog 😋.

Fortunately we got all our shopping in early but lots of people do last minute shopping.

I don't agree with the quote.

I love sea bass.

Sauvignon Blanc is nice.

We have been to Athens on Navigator of the seas in May 2013.

Prayers 🙏 for everyone on the care list.

Happy Christmas to all the lovely people on the Daily.

Graham.

IMG-20211224-WA0000.jpg

• Like 26
  • Thanks 10

4 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

I had my operation this morning and was home by 11.00am GMT.

Thank you for posting today's daily Rich from your cruise ship 

Thank you Roy for posting the lists while undergoing a lengthy radiotherapy therapy treatment.

Lovely days.

Chocolate 😋😋 and eggnog 😋.

Fortunately we got all our shopping in early but lots of people do last minute shopping.

I don't agree with the quote.

I love sea bass.

Sauvignon Blanc is nice.

We have been to Athens on Navigator of the seas in May 2013.

Prayers 🙏 for everyone on the care list.

Happy Christmas to all the lovely people on the Daily.

Graham.

IMG-20211224-WA0000.jpg

• Like 5

Good morning everyone and thanks for the daily report.  I’ll take all three days please, mostly because I finished all of my shopping and wrapping yesterday.  I’ll pass on the meal suggestion as we are having our traditional Polish Christmas Eve dinner of borscht, pierogi and homemade Christmas cookies for dessert, then off to midnight mass.  The quote is often true.  I’m glad that @grapau27’s surgery was a success and in the past. Haven’t been to today’s port so I’ll visit through the photos that folks so kindly share.  Prayers for everyone on our list and cheers for everyone celebrating a happy event (or on a cruise).  

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

Graham, sending healing thoughts...glad the surgery went well. 

Huge fan of chocolate.  Egg Nog?  Not so much.  No last minute shopping here, probably for the first time in a few years.  Because of our trip to VA our 'deadline' to finish was a few days ago.  We'll spend today watching Christmas movies, and lots of walks with my granddog Dean as we wait for my son to arrive today.  Its another beautiful day here in VA, should get up to 60 degrees.  My daughter and her husband are treating us to Melting Pot (a fondue restaurant) for dinner this evening, one of their traditions.  

Hope all have a good day today!

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Boston said:

Good morning everyone and thanks for the daily report.  I’ll take all three days please, mostly because I finished all of my shopping and wrapping yesterday.  I’ll pass on the meal suggestion as we are having our traditional Polish Christmas Eve dinner of borscht, pierogi and homemade Christmas cookies for dessert, then off to midnight mass.  The quote is often true.  I’m glad that @grapau27’s surgery was a success and in the past. Haven’t been to today’s port so I’ll visit through the photos that folks so kindly share.  Prayers for everyone on our list and cheers for everyone celebrating a happy event (or on a cruise).  

Thank you for your best wishes Mr Boston.

One of our favourite places in Europe was Krakow in Poland and the food was always lovely there.

Graham.

• Like 14

1 minute ago, msmayor said:

Graham, sending healing thoughts...glad the surgery went well. 

Huge fan of chocolate.  Egg Nog?  Not so much.  No last minute shopping here, probably for the first time in a few years.  Because of our trip to VA our 'deadline' to finish was a few days ago.  We'll spend today watching Christmas movies, and lots of walks with my granddog Dean as we wait for my son to arrive today.  Its another beautiful day here in VA, should get up to 60 degrees.  My daughter and her husband are treating us to Melting Pot (a fondue restaurant) for dinner this evening, one of their traditions.  

Hope all have a good day today!

Thank you.

Wishing you a lovely Christmas day tomorrow.

Graham.

• Like 13

28 minutes ago, Heartgrove said:

Good Morning everyone! Thank you Rich for the Daily Report, and thank you Roy for the Cares and Celebrations Report. And thank you everyone for caring and sharing!

Happy Holidays for everyone!

- Jack, Sue, and Sam!

Jack, Christmas hugs to our sweet Sam please! Xx

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Ok back for a quick post. We are singing Christmas carols in the Lido! And watching a double rainbow out the window.

I like chocolate. Used to make home made eggnog for my dad. It's all he wanted for Christmas.

I've looked at the dining menu but haven't decided what I'll order.

Our yesterday morning trivia partners invite us again and if my sweet husband is awake, he may want to make an appearance. Allen says he hasn't slept this well in a long time.

Have a wonderful day. Merry Christmas!

• Like 29

7 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Graham, as I listed on the Thursday Daily, you will heal quickly and hardly see a scar.

You should have asked surgery to change your incision to a Z. Then you could brag you got the mark of Zorro!

God Bless!

👍

Thank you.

I hope you have an awesome Christmas and New year on the Rotterdam with Allen and  our Daily friends.

Graham

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 14

Good morning everyone and Happy Christmas Eve Friday from the Rotterdam!

Last night when we were at the Crow’s Nest @Seasick SailorJoy & Alan came in and we had a nice visit. After dinner I went to BB King’s and Craig went to the magician show.  @garlictown Katie, Dennis & Aunt Viviane joined me and a fun time was had. Craig joined us later.  This picture is courtesy of Katie. 
5555E8E7-E969-4FC9-B459-D57E24C8CB32.thumb.jpeg.8f22bdfdb3ba4bd13e83f2635c5181c1.jpeg

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 30
  • Thanks 5

Quick post of the drink.  Someone gave me a spell to deep clean the kitchen.  I'll find you.  LOL  Will be back later to post.

Vampiros:

Ingredient
ice cubes, or as needed
1 ½ fluid ounces silver tequila (100% agave)
3 ounces sangrita (Mexican-style bloody mary mix with orange and lime)
1 ½ ounces citrus-flavored soda (such as Squirt®)
½ lime, juiced
1 pinch Mexican-style chili powder with lime (such as Tajin® fruit seasoning)
1 pinch chili-lime seasoning (such as Tajin®

Directions
Instructions Checklist
Step 1 Fill a highball glass with ice cubes; pour in tequila, sangrita, citrus soda, lime juice, and chili-lime seasoning. Stir to mix well.

Screen Shot 2021-12-24 at 8.30.52 AM.png

• Like 23
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

Good morning, everyone. 

We have a blanket of new fallen snow outside which is giving my BIL the opportunity to play with his super snow blower.  Continued prayers for those who need them, especially @kazuJacqui and Jose and @Himself.  Giving thanks for @grapau27's successful surgery this morning.  Ok, now on to the celebration!

Today's meal is one I'd like, but we are having Tortière tonight with a nice salad.  

To get us started, some information on sea bass, which is different from Chilean Sea Bass.   https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/articles/a-guide-to-buying-and-cooking-sea-bass

And our first recipe:https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/45782/grilled-sea-bass/

820524102_grilledseabass.jpg.84076a11b21fbe880b359e95470c97a5.jpg

Who can resist the Garlic Butter on this one:   https://www.thespruceeats.com/grilled-sea-bass-with-garlic-butter-recipe-334370

804331778_grilledseabass2.jpg.2c9b3a866bb1b69b58bca8a9011454b0.jpg

And how about blackened sea bass?    https://www.food.com/recipe/grilled-blackened-sea-bass-69841

254911420_grilledseabass3.jpg.ce77f5aefa2d87771e172404808b01d1.jpg

Edited by dfish
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 8

@grapau27  I'm glad things went well, and that you are home safe and sound.  I hope they gave you something for pain, your surgery was right at the laugh and smile lines.

@msmayor When I was growing up, it was always fondue for Christmas Eve dinner.  I had a great smile from your post.  I hope you enjoy the tradition.

I was given the advice years ago after a life changing experience, that if Christmas was hard, or any holiday, to create my own new traditions,  Which I did.  Unfortunately my new DH didn't think that wandering around walking through the park looking at Christmas lights was his idea of a good time.  And he is a last minute Christmas shopper.  I tried the Christmas Eve service, nope that didn't work, so now I make no plans for Christmas Eve, but to watch a couple of movies, and go to bed early.  This way I can get up early and get his stocking stuffed and put out the gifts.  I know that they ware supposed to go under the tree, but with the 5 cats inside, boxes, ribbons and bows are destroyed quickly.

Tomorrow we are hooking up with our friends at 11:30 in the morning for an early lunch.  Then they are going to race home, as their kids are coming in later in the afternoon.  DH will be making calls to his family, and I will be going for a walk, in the park, which is a tradition i never want to give up.

Merry Christmas everyone!

• Like 29