haven biggest bargain ive seen

luckyinpa

1 hour ago, aubreyc1988 said:

I'm so torn on what to do. I was initially planning on Feb 20th on the Joy in the Haven but the pricing for Jan 22nd is SO temptingm, about 1,700 cheaper...I know it's cheap b/c of current situations, but seriously considering it...plus not even sure if by Feb 20th if things will be any better in terms of masking onboard, etc...would appreciate anyones thoughts, as I flip flop LOL 

Why not go earlier and save the money, we called yesterday as was leave January 16th and were told that there will be shows and nothing will be canceled or closed as that was just on that one ship and one cruise. We will see as we fly to NOLA in 2 weeks. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jetact said:

Why not go earlier and save the money, we called yesterday as was leave January 16th and were told that there will be shows and nothing will be canceled or closed as that was just on that one ship and one cruise. We will see as we fly to NOLA in 2 weeks. 

I will go into it with a "cruise to nowhere with no shows" attitude for sure. I am wondering if I should wait a day or so to see if wave season sale starts...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jetact said:

we called yesterday as was leave January 16th and were told that there will be shows and nothing will be canceled or closed

Things change quickly. What was true 5 minutes ago isn't necessary true still. Especially with infection rates being at record highs. 

But if you go in with an open mind to make the best of any cruise you do get on, it looks like a hell of a bargain. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, aubreyc1988 said:

I will go into it with a "cruise to nowhere with no shows" attitude for sure. I am wondering if I should wait a day or so to see if wave season sale starts...

I would definitely save the money too.

I think there's little chance of the protocols changing so quickly and there's so much entertainment on board that it'll be awesome even if a few things get cancelled.

By the way, I read yesterday that Mexico will no longer prevent ships from docking because of covid.

I'm guessing Roatan won't either as they both really need the revenue.

But, nobody really can predict.

I'm sailing Joy January 15th and can't wait.

• Like 2

We were booked on another cruise line for Jan 16 and just cancelled because the current ship (MSC Divina) just dropped all their ports except one in Mexico. And entertainment and dining variety is extremely limited (mainly due to staffing shortages due to isolation of crew). 

I have all three shots but the risk of not finding a pre-boarding test available or worse, having the rest of my fellow passengers get enough VID that we get quarantined somewhere isn't worth it. Even if the US burns through this in the next few weeks, it is still unclear how quick it may go through the places we want to visit.   

I would definitely say plan on no ports and no entertainment, and then perhaps you will get a few pleasant surprises.   

I am still keeping my March NCL cruise and hoping things will be better. Good luck all.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, aubreyc1988 said:

I'm so torn on what to do. I was initially planning on Feb 20th on the Joy in the Haven but the pricing for Jan 22nd is SO temptingm, about 1,700 cheaper...I know it's cheap b/c of current situations, but seriously considering it...plus not even sure if by Feb 20th if things will be any better in terms of masking onboard, etc...would appreciate anyones thoughts, as I flip flop LOL 

I think I would wait it out another week.  I do know the February Joy prices have been falling every week for the last three weeks.   My guess (and it is a guess), prices will come down further as the cancellations continue.     

• Like 1

I booked for Jan 22nd in cheapest Haven, will pay to upgrade to a higher cabin if the prices go down a bit, but I am ready for a getaway! 😄  Ended up paying around 3200 for two people in an HJ on the Joy, including free at sea gratuities with some OBC...such a good deal, don't even mind if I don't get off the ship. 

Edited by aubreyc1988
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, aubreyc1988 said:

I booked for Jan 22nd in cheapest Haven, will pay to upgrade to a higher cabin if the prices go down a bit, but I am ready for a getaway! 😄  Ended up paying around 3200 for two people in an HJ on the Joy, including free at sea gratuities with some OBC...such a good deal, don't even mind if I don't get off the ship. 

That one and the 15th are STUPIDLY cheap, mock bookings have be at around 550 a day for 2 people.  Normally haven budget for me is 500 per person per day (1000 for a room).  If you are not afraid to go, and have the time, you should jump on these.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, oteixeira said:

That one and the 15th are STUPIDLY cheap, mock bookings have be at around 550 a day for 2 people.  Normally haven budget for me is 500 per person per day (1000 for a room).  If you are not afraid to go, and have the time, you should jump on these.

I wanted to go on the 15th, because it's my birthday, but my husband booked a trip to Denver for us to go skiing a while back and can't cancel it,so I am a little worried I will test positive at the port, but I plan to wear a kf95 everywhere and not like congregate with anyone so hopefully I am fine. I just couldn't pass up the pricing! I was scheduled to go in the Haven for our 10 year anniversary in 2020 which obviously got cancelled so I am so excited about this! 

• Like 1

On 12/24/2021 at 1:13 PM, luckyinpa said:

joy jan 3, 5 nites from miami 2 bedroom is 1767 and courtyard is 1381. getting a 2 BR for less than 400 a nite is just crazy on such a new ship. a week in april is 7300 which is over 1000 a nite for comparison

get em while they're hot!

Booking a cruise when covid cases are at 600,000 a day, flights are being cancelled left and right, posts are sometimes denying entry, and you need to spend half your cruise planning and getting covid tests. 

So much fun. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, aubreyc1988 said:

this happened the day after i booked at 1600. but hoping that the aft facing might go down lol 

When I booked for our November Joy cruise it was crazy like that. We got a Haven 2 bedroom villa with large balcony cheaper than Haven penthouse courtyard balcony. No brainer on that one. 

• Like 1

On 12/31/2021 at 4:22 PM, aubreyc1988 said:

I wanted to go on the 15th, because it's my birthday, but my husband booked a trip to Denver for us to go skiing a while back and can't cancel it,so I am a little worried I will test positive at the port, but I plan to wear a kf95 everywhere and not like congregate with anyone so hopefully I am fine. I just couldn't pass up the pricing! I was scheduled to go in the Haven for our 10 year anniversary in 2020 which obviously got cancelled so I am so excited about this! 

so super bummer now. all those cheap prices down the drain

6 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

so super bummer now. all those cheap prices down the drain

well we tried. I'll book again, probably last minute in feb or march. I wish they were like RCI doing the lift and shift. *sigh* I'll be in a better mood tomorrow, sorry to be a downer lol

1 hour ago, aubreyc1988 said:

well we tried. I'll book again, probably last minute in feb or march. I wish they were like RCI doing the lift and shift. *sigh* I'll be in a better mood tomorrow, sorry to be a downer lol

Sorry to read about your cancelation--especially with all the back and forth regarding the aft.     

1 hour ago, vacation44 said:

Sorry to read about your cancelation--especially with all the back and forth regarding the aft.     

well at least now I have made my future sailing room decision. I'll try again in Feb when my optimism will have returned LOL 

17 minutes ago, aubreyc1988 said:

well at least now I have made my future sailing room decision. I'll try again in Feb when my optimism will have returned LOL 

My  February 12th Haven cabin just went down again.  In total, $1800 over the last three weeks.  I think I will call tomorrow for the 25% FCC as we have  POA booked in March 2023 which is ridiculously expensive so at least that covers the tips.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

My  February 12th Haven cabin just went down again.  In total, $1800 over the last three weeks.  I think I will call tomorrow for the 25% FCC as we have  POA booked in March 2023 which is ridiculously expensive so at least that covers the tips.

I hope it sails! Who knows, maybe we will meet on that saildate, need more time to think but I think will try for Feb as long as I get my money back in a timely manner