haven biggest bargain ive seen

luckyinpa

2 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Is that $400 a night for two?

$400 each.

Less than normal per diem for sure and a pretty good deal as a result,  but don't consider that a screaming deal by any means.  Amazed at the prices they want going forward (and that is said after spending the last 2 weeks+ in a Haven 2 BR).  Would never consider $1000 per day let alone $1500 per day. 

try to find another joy/bliss 7 day for 2473 or less for 2 br haven. well. not a january one at least.  otherwise i stand by that this is an insanely cheap deal for those ships. 

epic had 2br out of PR for about that but thats not the same class of ship. 

I was eyeing those Joy January sailings as well. You can get 2 people in a Haven courtyard room with large balcony for less than $350/person/day. Our barometer for 'normal' is $500, so a good deal for sure. 

Epic is in the same category to me as they Joy. They both have a full Haven experience (separate restaurant, separate bar, lounge, etc).

The Breakaway out of New Orleans has a 7 day trip end of January with similar pricing too... Lots of last minute deals for those with endless vacation time.

Way too good to be true, but, at that price point for last minute Haven deals - question is why ?  Why, not getting good bids, need to bring occupancy up with extra new passengers revenue ?  Dunno - as long as one is flexible & prepared to deal with surprises, could be a deluxe pampered 7 days CTN ... happening to another ship from a different mass line, check the latest cruise news.  

Edited by mking8288

16 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Way too good to be true, but, at that price point for last minute Haven deals - question is why ?  Why, not getting good bids, need to bring occupancy up with extra new passengers revenue ?  Dunno - as long as one is flexible & prepared to deal with surprises, could be a deluxe pampered 7 days CTN ... happening to another ship from a different mass line, check the latest cruise news.  

Wondering too.  Seemed they were holding prices fairly high and doing bids.  Have checked recently and some rooms in Haven not too bad although DW no vacation planned.

My guess current circumstances hitting all lines.  Plus we are entering slow season too.

I'm thinking about end of Jan but dunno yet with variant. Will probably make a decision this weekend, hard to pass up those prices. Really just nervous if I test positive and then have another 3k in FCC lol

Edited by aubreyc1988
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

Last week I upgraded to a Haven cabin on the 2/12/22 Joy when the price came down $1,000 over a two week period .  Then it just went down another $500 this morning.   They are all dropping.

Just curious, did you book through a TA and was it a hassle to do this? want to get in on the deals with an entry level haven and then pay to upgrade if the higher haven categories go down a bit...

12 minutes ago, aubreyc1988 said:

Just curious, did you book through a TA and was it a hassle to do this? want to get in on the deals with an entry level haven and then pay to upgrade if the higher haven categories go down a bit...

I booked directly with NCL.   Took no more than ten minutes.  Went from a Penthouse Suite with Balcony to a Haven Penthouse Suite with Balcony for $1700.  If I waited another week it would of been $1200.   I also inquired about future price reductions and was told to call back two weeks prior to sail date for a 25% FCC which I plan to do.   Whole process very simple and hassle free.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

I booked directly with NCL.   Took no more than ten minutes.  Went from a Penthouse Suite with Balcony to a Haven Penthouse Suite with Balcony for $1700.  If I waited another week it would of been $1200.   I also inquired about future price reductions and was told to call back two weeks prior to sail date for a 25% FCC which I plan to do.   Whole process very simple and hassle free.  

Thanks! I was pretty sure you could pay the difference to upgrade still, but wasn't sure since stuff is changing SO fast. 

5 minutes ago, cruisetilidrop said:

I have family in the Haven but we can’t afford. Is it possible to visit them at all? 

They can invite you to their room, but you are not supposed to use the haven common areas.  People on here will argue about this for days, but that is the written rule.

15 minutes ago, oteixeira said:

They can invite you to their room, but you are not supposed to use the haven common areas.  People on here will argue about this for days, but that is the written rule.

Thank you for answer. I don’t plan on staying there for any length of time but would like to see the set up.

I'm so torn on what to do. I was initially planning on Feb 20th on the Joy in the Haven but the pricing for Jan 22nd is SO temptingm, about 1,700 cheaper...I know it's cheap b/c of current situations, but seriously considering it...plus not even sure if by Feb 20th if things will be any better in terms of masking onboard, etc...would appreciate anyones thoughts, as I flip flop LOL 

13 minutes ago, aubreyc1988 said:

I'm so torn on what to do. I was initially planning on Feb 20th on the Joy in the Haven but the pricing for Jan 22nd is SO temptingm, about 1,700 cheaper...I know it's cheap b/c of current situations, but seriously considering it...plus not even sure if by Feb 20th if things will be any better in terms of masking onboard, etc...would appreciate anyones thoughts, as I flip flop LOL 

i just think of worse case. no shows. etc. to me as long as restaurants are open and all haven stuff is open id do it at a cheap price. worst thing would be i live in my expensive cabin or the courtyard or lounge and just eat haven restaurant and room service all cruise. i do think a limited cruise for under 2K in haven is worth it in joy/bliss because of the huge haven indoors. i feel bad for the people that paid the huge prices of the past. i remember seeing pricing of 3-4K and higher just for a courtyard room. (i hate those tiny bathrooms)

i dont fly to cruises but if you do then this is no brainer . oh then theres the testing before the cruise. took 3 hours on my bermuda trip but hopefully that's gotten better meanwhile.  as far as masking im thinking thats virtually permanent for the forseeable future. but i loved my mask free october cruise! 

also assume it's a cruise to nowhere so you are surprised if you make it to any port 🙂  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm very familiar with MSC YC, so i assume haven is similar... 

We are on BLISS Feb 4th an got an Upgrade offer... 

The origin price, just checked at the TA, is 11000Eur/person in courtyard. 

Thats way overpriced in my opinion..... 

So the question, would you bid on an upgrade at the actual situation? 

2 minutes ago, MarkusToe said:

I'm very familiar with MSC YC, so i assume haven is similar... 

We are on BLISS Feb 4th an got an Upgrade offer... 

The origin price, just checked at the TA, is 11000Eur/person in courtyard. 

Thats way overpriced in my opinion..... 

So the question, would you bid on an upgrade at the actual situation? 

you could bid the minimum and hope. i know a while ago people were getting cheap upsells to haven but unsure if thats the case these days.