Laminated Vaccinated Cards

xray0111

We had our vaccination cards clear laminated at Office Depot at the height of the pandemic.  Our reasoning was weather proofing and tear proof. 

Will we have any problems boarding?  All the info on them is accurate and legitimate.  As of now we have not had to provide proof except where I work had me bring in a copy but not the original.  IF we have to have a booster shot I we'll work that out then.

Thanks,

XRAY 

No issue with my laminated card. When I had my booster they just put a white label on laminated card with booster info. Been on 4 RCL cruises with it & no problem. I did order though a plastic sleeve to put it in so label would not get damaged. Had to order a little larger sleeve then 3x5 from Walmart. 

Amazon has clear plastic vaccine sleeves. Works well.

FWIW I had to get a replacement card in Florida  as I lost my original, When they reissued my card, they included a letter which stated in big bold letters DO NOT LAMINATE. Don't know why, just saying.

2 hours ago, melbur said:

Amazon has clear plastic vaccine sleeves. Works well.

FWIW I had to get a replacement card in Florida  as I lost my original, When they reissued my card, they included a letter which stated in big bold letters DO NOT LAMINATE. Don't know why, just saying.

I agree! I bought a pack of 10 sleeves, and gave the rest out to family. Worked perfectly for everyone on multiple international trips. The plastic is sturdier than lamination plastic. I don't trust the office stores to laminate properly any more. Staples ruined an $80 laminating/printing/binding order for me because their crappy lamination didn't stick together properly.

• Like 2

Just to clarify my original post.  

We were vaccinated very soon (month or so) after it became available thru the State Health Department and had the second shot about a month later.  There was no talk of problems with laminating or  boosters.  Office Depot was offering it for free so we had it done while getting other things we needed.  Since then we have or had to cancel 3 cruises.  I just have not had the time to call RCCL or do a lot of research online or be put on hold for hours.  I work in retail and just have not had the time in the last 3 months.  

Thanks to all that replied.

XRAY

Just an aside, but I'm a vaccinator and I can't tell you the number of people who show me a picture of their card on their phone when I ask for their card. I can see their record in my tablet, I don't need proof they were vaccinated, I need to write the booster dose on their card. Ohhh, they didn't think about bringing it with them. Yes, we will re-do cards for these folks and those who have laminated or falling apart cards, as long as we can see them in the state database. 

Do they actually ask for a physical copy of the vax card during check in at the pier? We uploaded it in advance to get our boarding pass. That was it.

When we boarded Anthem 12/12 we never had to show our vax card or Covid test results. 

We were vaccinated early on (Feb 2020) and knew then not to laminate them.  We have since received our second and our booster and all are recorded on our card.  It was all over the news back in early 2020, when shots first started to NOT laminate them.  

And, yes, they do want to see the actual card when you are boarding.  We had to show both our card and our negative test results to enter the terminal at Port Canaveral.

27 minutes ago, CPT Trips said:

Do they actually ask for a physical copy of the vax card during check in at the pier? We uploaded it in advance to get our boarding pass. That was it.

When we boarded Anthem 12/12 we never had to show our vax card or Covid test results. 

Really?  Everyone I know (including us) had to show our card and our negative results to even enter the terminal (Nov 28) in Port Canaveral.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, CPT Trips said:

Are you serious? On both my Mariner in October, and my Liberty that I just got off of, they looked at them like hawks.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CPT Trips said:

Hmmm. The most time-consuming part of our October trip was the MULTIPLE times we had to present our cards and test results to be eye-balled and checked off "the list". Not REALLY sure what the uploaded version is used for at this point, but I keep doing it.

• Like 1

To those that inquired, yes. Seriously.

I was fully expecting to have them checked a number of times just as was the situation across the river for our cruise several weeks prior. I lost count of the number of times we were asked for the documents before we got to the check in counter on pier 88. There it started with the parking guys before we we admitted to the lot and continued at virtually every stop until we were checked in with room card issued.

At Bayonne we the only mention of the docs was a guy controlling the line outside the terminal for entry barking, HAVE YOUR VACCINATION CARD AND TEST RESULTS AVAILABLE. We did have them in hand and yet were never asked for them. Not to enter terminal, not to go through security, not at the check in counter, and not anywhere else after that. The only thing we showed was our boarding passes.