Live from the Viking Star World Cruise 2021-22

JM0115

Malaga, Spain A Bull Fighting Ring, Picasso, & Antonio Banderas https://roundtheworldwriter.blogspot.com/2022/03/day-54-malaga-spain.html 

Gibraltar, Location, location,location...

https://roundtheworldwriter.blogspot.com/2022/03/day-53-gibraltar-or-location-location.html

Sorry for the delays in posting. We're still dealing with spotty internet on the Star.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gigiandbaba said:

Just wondering if there were any tours to The Alhambra while you were in Malaga?

There were.  Our friends onboard spent their day on it. Said it was great except for the cold weather. 

• Like 1

Excellent history recap Aquadesiac.  Your teacher sounds much like mine.  And having an English Mother I have had an excessive interest in European history lifelong.  Like you it saddens me to see the same errors being made and not very far from Hitler's first forays.  Approximately 50 million souls lost their lives in WWII.  One can only pray this is not the start of something similar.  The parallels are just too scary.  Hopefully your calm seas continue.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Liz Masterson said:

Rose and Ted’s Blog has describes their trip to The Alhambra! 

I love her tile photos! 

https://roseandtedsexcellentadventure.com/2022/03/06/episode-213-granada-im-falling-under-your-spell/

Wonderful post!  We missed our trip to the Alhambra in April 2020 and I’ve always regretted it.  This almost made up for it.  It’s snowing hard this morning.  Wish we were in Spain!

• Like 2

On 3/2/2022 at 3:48 AM, vslparis said:

Thanks . It took awhile before I could start reading the blogs that are posted as it was a bit depressing but now I am living vicariously thru the two blogs posted here and another one that I get via email.  Going down to San Antonio next week to meet our grandson 😀 and have started looking for a Viking trip for later this year.  We are booked in August 2023 on the Saturn from Bergen to NY .

We miss you on the ship!

• Like 1

On 3/2/2022 at 3:48 AM, vslparis said:

Thanks . It took awhile before I could start reading the blogs that are posted as it was a bit depressing but now I am living vicariously thru the two blogs posted here and another one that I get via email.  Going down to San Antonio next week to meet our grandson 😀 and have started looking for a Viking trip for later this year.  We are booked in August 2023 on the Saturn from Bergen to NY .

We miss you on the ship!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GKTV32162 said:

World Cruise Day 73/152 - Palma de Mallorca, Spain - a pearl of a city

https://kolbsontheroad.blogspot.com/2022/03/world-cruise-day-73152-palma-de.html

Gary, you seem to know all the inside info. We were on the last bus back this afternoon and saw a younger woman, probably in her 50’s, being removed from the ship. Four or five officers were with her and her luggage. Any back story here? One less person at the buffet. 

5 minutes ago, ldpetrillo said:

Gary, you seem to know all the inside info. We were on the last bus back this afternoon and saw a younger woman, probably in her 50’s, being removed from the ship. Four or five officers were with her and her luggage. Any back story here? One less person at the buffet. 

“A younger woman, probably in her 50s” — that’s all you need to know about the Viking demographic.

Edited by SJD117
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, GKTV32162 said:

World Cruise Day 73/152 - Palma de Mallorca, Spain - a pearl of a city

https://kolbsontheroad.blogspot.com/2022/03/world-cruise-day-73152-palma-de.html

We are currently on the Jupiter in South America.  All of you on the World Cruise are going to get a wonderful Cruise Director!!!  Katie is leaving the Jupiter mid March and heading to you!!!  You will love her...she is engaging, funny and so full of energy...her love for her job is evident in every encounter you have with her....she is a builder of community...I am so sorry to see her go as we continue our Jupiter adventure.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, ldpetrillo said:

I suspect she is with the person we saw taken by ambulance in the morning. I have no other information than that.

• Like 1

Thanks for your photos.  Cheese...My favorite indulgence.  The variety on offer was truly impressive, as were the carvings, and display.  I suspect the chef went local for sourcing, since many looked to be fresh cheeses, without a long shelf life.  So envious of your journey!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, FetaCheese said:

Thanks for your photos.  Cheese...My favorite indulgence.  The variety on offer was truly impressive, as were the carvings, and display.  I suspect the chef went local for sourcing, since many looked to be fresh cheeses, without a long shelf life.  So envious of your journey!

Wow, those cheese carvings are just gorgeous!  I would hate to be the one to take the "first slice" 😉

• Like 1

The food  on this WC sounds so very good and unique . I wonder if this is only on the WC?   does the chef on board, have the power to make what he want for theme menus? 

I love the food on Viking but I have never seen octopus!

5 hours ago, GKTV32162 said:
World Cruise Day 75/152 - Cagliari, Sardinia, Italy - It's not pronounced like it's spelled

Wondering if they offered grilled octopus, in the excellent Italian olive oil.  Really can be delicious if tender and not too rubbery.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Azulann said:

The food  on this WC sounds so very good and unique . I wonder if this is only on the WC?   does the chef on board, have the power to make what he want for theme menus? 

I love the food on Viking but I have never seen octopus!

It is definitely different on the world cruise, and yes, chef Thomas controls the cuisine.