Live from the Viking Star World Cruise 2021-22

JM0115

I like the metal sculptures. They look a bit like Clangers, who were in a 70s BBC children's programme. They were long snouted rotund pink creatures that lived on the moon and communicated in whistles. Whole thing was decidedly odd

19 minutes ago, GKTV32162 said:

World Cruise Day 155/163 Scenic Scandinavia - Mariehamn, Åland Islands - Foggy morning, slightly soggy afternoon, and more toilet problems

https://kolbsontheroad.blogspot.com/2022/05/world-cruise-day-155163-scenic.html

Maybe Viking could take a Lesson from the Wastewater Treatment Plant people at McMurdo Station, Antarctica.  These signs were on the back of every bathroom stall door.

IMG_E5943.JPG

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Lilyskittymom said:

Maybe Viking could take a Lesson from the Wastewater Treatment Plant people at McMurdo Station, Antarctica.  These signs were on the back of every bathroom stall door.

IMG_E5943.JPG

Who was it that said "you can't fix stupid"??

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Lilyskittymom said:

IMG_E5943.JPG

Great sign!  From owning my own sailboat with a holding tank, we did not even put TP in the toilet so i knew what to not do on a cruise ship.  However i do not recall a room steward ever telling us about the flushing don'ts during the orientation when we first arrived in the room.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lilyskittymom said:

IMG_E5943.JPG

And after they get people to understand this, we can move on to pet peeve number 2 (no pun intended). That would be instruction on how to close a cabin door without slamming. 

• Like 8

10 hours ago, ellenw said:

And after they get people to understand this, we can move on to pet peeve number 2 (no pun intended). That would be instruction on how to close a cabin door without slamming. 

Can we extend that training to any hotel door too? 

• Like 2

On 5/22/2022 at 6:19 PM, deec said:

Were Dave and Donna on the Inaugural World Cruise!!!  I think Donna put together our cruise pre-book.   If so Dee and Pat Clark say Hi!

They were and remembered you - I passed on your "hi".  I just forgot to reply until now. 🙂

• Like 1

On 5/20/2022 at 7:27 PM, Lucie20 said:

Garry, I only see this blog on Cruise Critic.  Is there any way to subscribe to keep up with your future travels?

Unfortunately, there isn't an easy way.  That's one downside with blogspot blogs.  I wish I had a better answer for you other than just going to kolbsontheroad.blogspot.com 

Sorry 😞

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nextariel said:

I lived in Bloomfield Township, I believe it is now gone. Went to school in Birmingham.

I went to Groves. Met a guy on the World Cruise that graduated from Seaholm. The world is small sometimes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GKTV32162 said:

World Cruise Day 157/163 Scenic Scandinavia - Gdańsk, Poland - A good day despite the liquid sunshine

https://kolbsontheroad.blogspot.com/2022/05/world-cruise-day-157163-scenic.html

Gary

i think you need to add a statistic to the beginning of your blog - # of churches visited! 😂

• Haha 1

we are from the Eastside of Detroit!!!

Where did Katy go?   home for a vacation?

Is Bruce your new CD from Florida ?  originally from Michigan and a brilliant pianist?  He followed Katy when we were on the Jupiter this winter! 

21 hours ago, GKTV32162 said:

I went to Groves. Met a guy on the World Cruise that graduated from Seaholm. The world is small sometimes.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, GKTV32162 said:

World Cruise Day 157/163 Scenic Scandinavia - Gdańsk, Poland - A good day despite the liquid sunshine

https://kolbsontheroad.blogspot.com/2022/05/world-cruise-day-157163-scenic.html

The photo of you two under the umbrella at Neptune's statute is my favourite so far. It says everything with the joy in your faces: rain or shine. Thank you for sharing this awesome voyage through thick and thin!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, deec said:

we are from the Eastside of Detroit!!!

Where did Katy go?   home for a vacation?

Is Bruce your new CD from Florida ?  originally from Michigan and a brilliant pianist?  He followed Katy when we were on the Jupiter this winter! 

Katy has a month off before her next contract. And yes, Bruce is from MI and now Jacksonville, Fl. We haven't heard him on the piano, so I can't comment there.

• Like 1

you are in for a treat if he does play!!  Please tell him Dee and Pat from Michigan send our best regards.  He followed Katy onto the Jupiter !!! He is a University of Michigan grad...GO BLUE!

2 hours ago, deec said:

you are in for a treat if he does play!!  Please tell him Dee and Pat from Michigan send our best regards.  He followed Katy onto the Jupiter !!! He is a University of Michigan grad...GO BLUE!

Just talked with Bruce and he was honored and asked us to pass on his hello as well.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, GKTV32162 said:

World Cruise Day 158/163 Scenic Scandinavia - Karlskrona, Sweden - The weather is following us

https://kolbsontheroad.blogspot.com/2022/05/world-cruise-day-158163-scenic.html

I join your many followers in saying Thank You for all your blog posts.  They have been entertaining, heartfelt and informative.  Your photos are outstanding.  Your dedication to write each day as it happens is awesome.  I've used blogspot as the platform for my journaling and our photos from travels.  However when we travel i barely get my hand written notes done let alone ever writing the blog.  Thank you so much for taking us with you.

• Like 14

27 minutes ago, TayanaLorna said:

I join your many followers in saying Thank You for all your blog posts.  They have been entertaining, heartfelt and informative.  Your photos are outstanding.  Your dedication to write each day as it happens is awesome.  I've used blogspot as the platform for my journaling and our photos from travels.  However when we travel i barely get my hand written notes done let alone ever writing the blog.  Thank you so much for taking us with you.

Thanks for all the kind words. I'm humbled.

704846dc1b61c774549618603c4c446672d2f8599b9961451cff3f0de2adb2d8.0.png.468ac8ce46707bcd5ab83869cdd97bd9.png

On 5/24/2022 at 10:55 AM, BQEC said:

My understanding is that a monoclonal antibody can be given up to 7 days after symptoms begin. Needs to be confirmed with a positive PCR. 

Yes, there are timing issues, and age, symptom and immune issues.  Our recent experience is that what's required is that a doctor actually has to see (video, not in person), interview, review records of patient etc. before deciding whether Paxlovid should be dispensed.  You also need PCR test confirmation.  Complied with all of that.  Got Paxlovid.  But if you're positive, jump right on it and don't wait.  All this takes time.  Doctors are swamped right now, even if done via a 24/7 health facility, telehealth, etc.