Live from the Viking Star World Cruise 2021-22

JM0115

14 minutes ago, GKTV32162 said:

World Cruise Day 159/163 Scenic Scandinavia - Rønne, Bornholm, Denmark - we're Born(holm) again tourists

https://kolbsontheroad.blogspot.com/2022/05/world-cruise-day-159163-scenic.html

I have thoroughly enjoyed your World Cruise blog. I was particularly interested in the wifi and toilet issues since we're in room 5090 Viking Star Panama Canal & Central America departing November 17. I printed extra copies of the toilet paper only poster to put up near our room. Thanks again!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OKCowboy said:

I have thoroughly enjoyed your World Cruise blog. I was particularly interested in the wifi and toilet issues since we're in room 5090 Viking Star Panama Canal & Central America departing November 17. I printed extra copies of the toilet paper only poster to put up near our room. Thanks again!

LOL I was thinking of doing the same -  maybe  near the elevators.

12 hours ago, GKTV32162 said:

World Cruise Day 159/163 Scenic Scandinavia - Rønne, Bornholm, Denmark - we're Born(holm) again tourists

Enjoy Berlin today.  We've been there a couple of times and we really like the city.  So much history to absorb!!

15 hours ago, GKTV32162 said:

Hope you‘re enjoying Berlin today. We live in Spandau, on the western outskirts of the city. The sun is shining at the moment, but there’s a bit of rain predicted for mid-afternoon. Looking forward to your blog this evening.

Just watched a Youtube video of Viking Star arriving and docked in Warnemunde this morning.

Lovely effect of the sunlight shining on her.

Done by Benny Burneister,17 minutes.
Worth persevering through the first few minutes.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, sugarside said:

Just watched a Youtube video of Viking Star arriving and docked in Warnemunde this morning.

Lovely effect of the sunlight shining on her.

Done by Benny Burneister,17 minutes.
Worth persevering through the first few minutes.

image.thumb.png.95582a6af8a2ef79369d02e768b946f2.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pd7277 said:

It appears this is the video, and while posted recently, it is from January 6, 2022.

"Viking Star in Warnemünde am 01.06.2022 um 4:30 Uhr beim Einlaufen"

The date format is Day.Month.Year rather than the U.S. convention of Month.Day.Year, so the video is from 1 June 2022.  On January 6, 2022 the Star was  at sea on its way to Cabo San Lucas.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, UWDawg said:

"Viking Star in Warnemünde am 01.06.2022 um 4:30 Uhr beim Einlaufen"

The date format is Day.Month.Year rather than the U.S. convention of Month.Day.Year, so the video is from 1 June 2022.  On January 6, 2022 the Star was  at sea on its way to Cabo San Lucas.

Sorry, I never pick up on that, but enjoy the video.

39 minutes ago, GKTV32162 said:

World Cruise Day 161/163 Scenic Scandinavia - Århus, Denmark - Århus is a very, very, very fine hus...

https://kolbsontheroad.blogspot.com/2022/06/world-cruise-day-161163-scenic.html

Garry - now that you are nearing the end of an amazing adventure, I'd like to thank you for your dedication and allowing so many of us to live vicariously!  Were you a writer or photographer in a past life?   Especially enjoyed the so many pictures of statues/sculptures.  You should put them all together into a slide show video.

Did you ever try to calculate how many hours/days you expended in your blogging over these many days?  It would have taken me forever!!  Your efforts much appreciated!  Safe travels.

Kent

• Like 10

9 minutes ago, CCWineLover said:

Garry - now that you are nearing the end of an amazing adventure, I'd like to thank you for your dedication and allowing so many of us to live vicariously!  Were you a writer or photographer in a past life?   Especially enjoyed the so many pictures of statues/sculptures.  You should put them all together into a slide show video.

Did you ever try to calculate how many hours/days you expended in your blogging over these many days?  It would have taken me forever!!  Your efforts much appreciated!  Safe travels.

Kent

Thanks for the kind words, Kent. In my previous live, I was an IT manager but I did have a side gig as a sports and portrait photographer.

As for hours, one to three hours daily, so let's call it 350 for the cruise. But, if I didn't, there is no way we would remember it all!

• Like 8

2 hours ago, GKTV32162 said:

World Cruise Day 161/163 Scenic Scandinavia - Århus, Denmark - Århus is a very, very, very fine hus...

Thank you so much for your sense of humor, great photos and dedication to writing every day. Safe and speedy travels home. 

• Like 1

Thanks for all the daily posts.  I've followed along from the very beginning of your odyssey.  Truly the trip of a lifetime.  If you are ever headed to the northeast coast of Florida I'd love to buy you a drink.

• Like 1

not as wonderful as being on a WC but I certainly enjoyed your adventures and appreciate the dedication!  and what a terrific gift for all of your fellow passengers!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GKTV32162 said:

Great....Now I have that song in my head..... Seriously, I join others in thanking for you for such a brilliant job of capturing your travels - the good, the bad and the covid 🙂  I have learned much ( not only from your trivia notes, but also from the great snippets of history, and geography you shared.... Have safe travels home and I look forward to following you on your next adventure!

Edited by knoxclone
  • Like 1

Thanks so much, Garry, for your wonderful blog, sense of humor, and attention to details both verbal and pictorial! And, also for your honesty about the things that weren't ideal - we all know that "ship happens," and sometimes it's nice to be reminded that a great attitude can conquer annoyances big and small.  I'm so looking forward to our B2B in September, and you have helped whet my appetite!

Shelly

• Like 1