Live from the Viking Star World Cruise 2021-22

JM0115

2 hours ago, deec said:

not as wonderful as being on a WC but I certainly enjoyed your adventures and appreciate the dedication!  and what a terrific gift for all of your fellow passengers!

Since this is a continuation of our WC, it's sort of the same thing, just with different people. 😀

6 hours ago, Twitchly said:

Do you use a DSLR or a phone or …?

Mainly, I use a Sony RX10-IV but I also throw in shots from my cell, a Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra when I need a wider shot, a selfie, or when it is too rainy to carry the Sony.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, GKTV32162 said:

World Cruise Day 161/163 Scenic Scandinavia - Århus, Denmark - Århus is a very, very, very fine hus...

https://kolbsontheroad.blogspot.com/2022/06/world-cruise-day-161163-scenic.html

I am a little sad that your marvelous adventure is coming to an end.  Reading your blog and scrolling through your wonderful photos have been part of my morning routine these past few months.  Thanks for sharing and bringing us along with you on your amazing journey.  Wishing safe (and uneventful) travels home.

• Like 1

Hi 

I have followed your travels with much enjoyment.

we have been locked up in Victoria australia for a long time.  

It’s been wonderful following you.

we are off on our first cruise in July .   From Amsterdam around the UK where we originally come from..

have a safe trip to your home.

enjoy your next cruise❤️❤️

eileen

To Garry & Arlona, may I thank you both, for taking us on your  World Cruise.

Each night I read the blog before relaying all the details to my husband John in bed.

We will miss your adventure writings and the humour.

Safe Travels home.  

Best Wishes  John & Caroline 

Safe travels home!  Thanks for taking us along.  I’ve read every day and enjoyed all the pictures.  What an adventure!  

There’s a tropical storm headed for Florida.  Maybe it’ll be over by the time you fly in?  

Garry - let me add my thanks for the wonderful commentary and photos of your world adventure. Like many others, I looked forward to reading your latest post every day. And am in awe of your dedication and perseverance to keep your many fans updated for 163 days straight!

Safe travels home to you both - and in related news, we leave this afternoon for our Empires of the Mediterranean cruise - a much, much shorter adventure!

• Like 1

I get that funny feeling it's ending on a 10 day cruise, I can't imagine what you two are going through.

Just a really fun blog, I'm so glad I came across it. I read it every morning and then as my wife and I prepared the daycare lunch I share what I read. I am sure that we would love to have your company on one of our trips, such fun positive people.

Thank you from both of us.

Thanks so much, Garry and Arlona for taking us virtually along on your travels. Thanks for all your insight, the good, the bad and the Covid. I really appreciate your honesty and loved yours and Arlona's sense of adventure. Even though we traveled with you on the Iceland trip last summer, we never met and really wish we would of.  Have a safe and uneventful journey home. I'll miss the daily "chats" May we meet again someday.

Diana

• Like 1

Our thanks also for the insight and our daily ‘must read’.  Your blog has also developed our thirst for a WC - our longest to date has been the Southern Atlantic Crossing.  

All the best to you both and hopefully we may meet on one of our future cruises.

J & J

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coachma said:

Garry - let me add my thanks for the wonderful commentary and photos of your world adventure. Like many others, I looked forward to reading your latest post every day. And am in awe of your dedication and perseverance to keep your many fans updated for 163 days straight!

Safe travels home to you both - and in related news, we leave this afternoon for our Empires of the Mediterranean cruise - a much, much shorter adventure!

I’m doing Empires of the Mediterranean in July.   Enjoy your cruise!

I have followed your postings since the beginning. Thank you for your time, your thoughts and your pictures.  So happy that Arlona is feeling better. What wonderful memories you have! Safe travels home. 

Gary ,I totally agree about the outstanding Viking staff. Wendy was our GM on the Orion  cruise around Bermuda last July. She is outstanding and very friendly to all  passengers. 

Safe travels home and  the JFK  walk to immigration and customs , then to your gate takes forever. 

Sleep well. 

I will miss reading your fabulous blog 😔 thank you to both and safe travels home. 
we join the star on the 28th June and we are on deck 3 crossing everything that we don’t have to go down the front on deck 3 ! 😂 

15 hours ago, SteelCity Cruiser said:

I am a little sad that your marvelous adventure is coming to an end.  Reading your blog and scrolling through your wonderful photos have been part of my morning routine these past few months.  Thanks for sharing and bringing us along with you on your amazing journey.  Wishing safe (and uneventful) travels home.

So true!  It makes me want you to just keep writing and posting about every day life once you're back.  Will miss the humor and the commentary!

• Like 1

Certainly hope you make it home before Alex hits. Safe travels. I will definitely miss your daily blog. Your World Cruise has been amazing. Thanks for letting me tag along!

Edited by Insanityx4

Hi Gary and Arlona, Thank you for sharing your adventures with us in such an informative and entertaining way. We have really enjoyed following along in Australia. Only yesterday we watched the first cruise ship arrive in our city since 2020. We are hoping to board Orion in Vancouver in September.

Hope your trip home goes well.