New Tier between Platinum Plus and Ambassador starting Jan 2022

fstuff1

The part I dislike about the wifi minutes going is that you can't use multiple devices. We are ok with very minimal wifi and prefer it. Though, we each prefer to share it (which NCL doesn't allow) or have one of myself/my husband with the small minutes.

This is so frustrating!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Traveling Man said:

Thank the Seven Mad Gods That Rule the Seas!!!

Yep, NCL should save some money on sparkling wine. I had a hard time giving it away at solo gatherings. So ended just leaving it in the cabin.

ETA: I'm 64 points from Diamond.

Edited by IrieBajan54
add text
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, kjquilts said:

Here is the wording from NCL Latitudes Rewards  FAQ & Terms (last updated Jan 7, 2022)

One-Time Free Cabin Upgrade – Diamond

Diamond members will be offered a one-time complimentary cabin upgrade once they have reached the Diamond tier. The cabin upgrade is valid for one category increase from the category that the guest booked. The Latitudes member must first make their booking, then call to redeem their complimentary cabin upgrade. The cabin upgrade is not eligible for Suites or Haven. The highest cabin category that a member may be upgraded to is Club Balcony. Eligible members will have one (1) year to take the complimentary cabin upgrade after graduating to the Diamond tier.

The complimentary cabin upgrade may only be redeemed once for each member. There are no destination restrictions but holiday sailings are excluded. All upgrades are subject to availability. This benefit is not combinable with other cabin upgrade promotions or offers. Taxes and fees are not included. Complimentary cabin upgrades are non-transferable.

Terms and conditions are subject to change and inventory is subject to availability.

I'm assuming (and hoping) that the 1 year you have to take the upgrade is the time to book it, not to actually sail. If you have to sail within a year then I'm very likely going to miss out.

Edited by KeithJenner

1 hour ago, kirsten1526 said:

The part I dislike about the wifi minutes going is that you can't use multiple devices. We are ok with very minimal wifi and prefer it. Though, we each prefer to share it (which NCL doesn't allow) or have one of myself/my husband with the small minutes.

This is so frustrating!

You can use multiple devices, just not at the same time, at least that is how it has always worked for me.  Usually I log in and check my email or whatever, then logoff and my wife logs in for a few minutes.  On our December Joy cruise we upgraded to unlimited wifi and it worked the same way - our son got all the internet he could care for, but when I wanted to log in I booted him out, did my thing, then let him log back in.  Wasn't all that troublesome since I tried to limit online time anyway.  

Edited by a1betpr
typo

59 minutes ago, kjquilts said:

I am hoping that is an oversight and not correct.   The priority embarkation especially as Platinum Plus was probably my favorite perk along with the extra free 250 internet minutes which is gone on the new program.

I agree. We appreciate the meals, but priority embarkation was probably the biggest benefit for us. I hope that it hasn't gone.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kjquilts said:

Here is the wording from NCL Latitudes Rewards  FAQ & Terms (last updated Jan 7, 2022)

Diamond members will be offered a one-time complimentary cabin upgrade once they have reached the Diamond tier. The cabin upgrade is valid for one category increase from the category that the guest booked. The Latitudes member must first make their booking, then call to redeem their complimentary cabin upgrade. The cabin upgrade is not eligible for Suites or Haven. The highest cabin category that a member may be upgraded to is Club Balcony. Eligible members will have one (1) year to take the complimentary cabin upgrade after graduating to the Diamond tier.

The complimentary cabin upgrade may only be redeemed once for each member. There are no destination restrictions but holiday sailings are excluded. All upgrades are subject to availability. This benefit is not combinable with other cabin upgrade promotions or offers. Taxes and fees are not included. Complimentary cabin upgrades are non-transferable.

Terms and conditions are subject to change and inventory is subject to availability.

I am not sure if I understand this correctly - if I as Diamond member want to use my complimentary cabin upgrade on our already booked cruise in July 2022, then my husband gets a "free ride" together with me in the upgrade. BUT he can not use his complimentary cabin upgrade as a Diamond member on a different cruise, as he already "redeemed it once" together with me in July? Or can he? Is it like with the laundry bags a perk PER PERSON or like the dinner vouchers per couple if travelling in the same cabin (as we normally do as husband and wife).... Or am I completely stupid for asking this question and just confusing myself even more....? 

2 minutes ago, casofilia said:

@TrumpyNor

Surely, like the Ambassadors free cruise, each of you will be getting an upgrade for both of you.   I can see some interesting "fishhooks" if that were not the case.   

You in an upgraded cabin on your own and your husband on his own in the original one!!!

Great, as we have two cruises booked almost B2B in July/August that is probably when we will be using them then. Thank you for responding. 🙂

2 hours ago, kjquilts said:

Thanks for posting.  You noted that it was updated on Jan 7.  I could have sworn I searched all over the NCL website this weekend for news of the new Latitudes program, but I guess I just missed it.  This sounds like what an NCL rep read to me over the phone this morning.

2 minutes ago, The Traveling Man said:

Thanks for posting.  You noted that it was updated on Jan 7.  I could have sworn I searched all over the NCL website this weekend for news of the new Latitudes program, but I guess I just missed it.  This sounds like what an NCL rep read to me over the phone this morning.

I suspect that the page was created on Friday, but has only been linked to today. That will be why some people were able to see some bits for a short time last week, as they were uploading stuff ready.

1 hour ago, IrieBajan54 said:

Yep, NCL should save some money on sparkling wine. I had a hard time giving it away at solo gatherings. So ended just leaving it in the cabin.

ETA: I'm 64 points from Diamond.

I can't remember how many bottles of that swill we left in our room.  Several times we donated ours to the CC M&G.  We would coordinate with the waitstaff to have champagne flutes and orange juice available so everyone could have mimosas at the M&G.  We did the same thing once when our Haven room was the final stop on our CC Cabin Crawl.  Our butler provided the setups for mimosas.  My wife and I each received a bottle of wine, plus we got two more bottles from fellow travelers, so we had quite the party to cap off the cabin crawl.

For those that remember the old situation regarding BOOKING (RESERVING) shorex before boarding and NOT having to pay for them up front.

I have just sent the following to my PCC.

An important question and problem that I want to put forward immediately rather than wait till I have a number.  From the T&Cs

Shore Excursion Discounts ­– Silver, Gold, Platinum, Sapphire, Diamond & Ambassador

If a guest pre-books a shore excursion before embarking on the cruise, the applicable discount will be applied on board. If a guest pre-pays for a shore excursion before embarking on the cruise, the applicable discount will be applied at the time of booking/payment. 

This is quite clear; it allows me to BOOK and NOT PAY for shorex before I board.   It is not at all ambiguous!!!

It reverts to the situation a couple of years ago.

I want to do that as soon as possible.

Confirmation that I can please.

I hope that they have reverted to the old system but I am hot holding by breath!!!   I expect it is the usual NCL lack of employing proof readers.

Edited by casofilia

4 minutes ago, casofilia said:

I hope that they have reverted to the old system but I am hot holding by breath!!!   I expect it is the usual NCL lack of employing proof readers.

I think you have identified the problem.  They need to proofread before they publish.  You are right, it does specify a circumstance in which a tour is booked, but "if" it is paid for in advance, etc., etc., clearly indicates the possibility of booking now and paying later.  I'm pretty sure, however, that was not their intention, and I doubt that they will allow it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, casofilia said:

For those that remember the old situation regarding BOOKING (RESERVING) shorex before boarding and NOT having to pay for them up front.

I have just sent the following to my PCC.

An important question and problem that I want to put forward immediately rather than wait till I have a number.  From the T&Cs

Shore Excursion Discounts ­– Silver, Gold, Platinum, Sapphire, Diamond & Ambassador

If a guest pre-books a shore excursion before embarking on the cruise, the applicable discount will be applied on board. If a guest pre-pays for a shore excursion before embarking on the cruise, the applicable discount will be applied at the time of booking/payment. 

This is quite clear; it allows me to BOOK and NOT PAY for shorex before I board.   It is not at all ambiguous!!!

It reverts to the situation a couple of years ago.

I want to do that as soon as possible.

Confirmation that I can please.

Hoping it is back to the old way also.     

Did they change the discounts on the excursion levels or is it still the same.

3 hours ago, TrumpyNor said:

A very small thing in this connection (and not my favorite, but my husband loves his collection of NCL pins from previous cruises 😄 );  when I was looking through the benefits for Diamond I noticed this (marked with red below). I don't remember the "Signature Tier Pins" from earlier (?), is that something new? It is now on all tiers. 

1927254597_Diamondbenefits.thumb.jpg.6c144c22354d71ed3aed2fb4cab2fbda.jpg

There is a picture of the pins on the video.

IMG_0016.PNG