New Tier between Platinum Plus and Ambassador starting Jan 2022

fstuff1

9 minutes ago, kjquilts said:

Looks like free internet minutes changed ...... we were Platinum Plus (now Sapphire) and have 250 free internet minutes in addition to the 60 minute free internet perk on our May 2022 cruise.   New perk schedule shows 30 minutes free for Platinum, Sapphire and Diamond and 100 minutes free for Ambassador.

I'm not seeing the free internet minutes as tier perks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rscales2 said:

What is Sail and Sustain Mixlogy Experience on Diamond and Ambassador. 

I just asked an NCL rep the same question.  It's like a wine tasting, but with spirits.  Apparently it will be available to Diamond and Ambassador members once per cruise at no charge.  Also note the "Wines Around the World" tasting experience for Platinum and up, also once per cruise at no charge.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, casofilia said:

What does the following actually give you?   Inside to Suite?

One-time Free Cabin Upgrade

It's probably the same upgrade you get if you book on board. I received a "better" inside when I booked on the ship last time. Just a better catagory.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, casofilia said:

And what the heck is?

Exclusive Sail & Sustain Mixology Experience

Yes. Inside to Deluxe Haven Owner’s Suite.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

A very small thing in this connection (and not my favorite, but my husband loves his collection of NCL pins from previous cruises 😄 );  when I was looking through the benefits for Diamond I noticed this (marked with red below). I don't remember the "Signature Tier Pins" from earlier (?), is that something new? It is now on all tiers. 

1927254597_Diamondbenefits.thumb.jpg.6c144c22354d71ed3aed2fb4cab2fbda.jpg

Edited by TrumpyNor
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, casofilia said:

And what the heck is?

Exclusive Sail & Sustain Mixology Experience

One level upgrade, i.e. Inside to OV, OV to Balcony, or Balcony to Club Balcony.  Suites and Haven excluded.

Mixology Experience is like a free wine tasting, but with spirits.  Probably of little intrinsic value if you have a beverage package, but it might be a fun way to spend a sea day afternoon.

• Like 2

I think this is a good change. I'm glad they got rid of that dumb sparkling wine (they wasted sooooo much money on that one) and now give you internet package discounts instead of minutes. Now the question is, if you get the basic package with free at sea, can that discount be applied if you want to upgrade the package? 

I'm still gold, but at least I'm closer to being platinum now!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, TrumpyNor said:

A very small thing in this connection (and not my favorite, but my husband loves his collection of NCL pins from previous cruises 😄 );  when I was looking through the benefits for Diamond I noticed this (marked with red below). I don't remember the "Signature Tier Pins" from earlier (?), is that something new? It is now on all tiers. 

Yes, that is something new.  Apparently they aren't reviving the old ship pins, but instead are offering a pin identifying your Latitude status.  I would assume it's only offered the first time you sail at each new level, otherwise some folks might receive a whole bunch of the same style pin.

• Like 1

We are now Diamond.   I feel so special.

A few thought - I think losing the internet is a big blow to many people.  I rarely use the internet on the ship, other than to print boarding passes, or check in for flights, but when I still owned a business I checked I twice a day,so it would have mattered a lot then.

ship pins that someone mentioned - I don’t remember getting those for several years, so they’re starting them up again?  Or did I just miss them recently?

I think the wine and spirits tasting are nice additions.

And finally, priority disembarkation is not something I remember, except for Haven and suite passengers.   We did get the concierge to allow us in that group once when my mother had been hospitalized and we needed to get on the road.

Now we just need another 300 days and . . .    Never mind I just don’t see that happening. 🥺

Edited by MagnoliaBlossom
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, TrumpyNor said:

when i think of those pins, i think of the carnival VIFP pins you get when you sail on those ships

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, The Traveling Man said:

No, Suites and the Haven are excluded, and this one-time benefit is only good for a single level upgrade, i.e. Inside to OV, OV to Balcony, or Balcony to Club Balcony.  I just checked with an NCL rep who read the T&C to me.

Here is the wording from NCL Latitudes Rewards  FAQ & Terms (last updated Jan 7, 2022)

One-Time Free Cabin Upgrade – Diamond

Diamond members will be offered a one-time complimentary cabin upgrade once they have reached the Diamond tier. The cabin upgrade is valid for one category increase from the category that the guest booked. The Latitudes member must first make their booking, then call to redeem their complimentary cabin upgrade. The cabin upgrade is not eligible for Suites or Haven. The highest cabin category that a member may be upgraded to is Club Balcony. Eligible members will have one (1) year to take the complimentary cabin upgrade after graduating to the Diamond tier.

The complimentary cabin upgrade may only be redeemed once for each member. There are no destination restrictions but holiday sailings are excluded. All upgrades are subject to availability. This benefit is not combinable with other cabin upgrade promotions or offers. Taxes and fees are not included. Complimentary cabin upgrades are non-transferable.

Terms and conditions are subject to change and inventory is subject to availability.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Acruzaholic said:

What is going on with "Priority Embarkation" missing?????

I am hoping that is an oversight and not correct.   The priority embarkation especially as Platinum Plus was probably my favorite perk along with the extra free 250 internet minutes which is gone on the new program.

• Like 4