Covid Impacts On Glory 12/26 Cruise

jas1178

It’s definitely been an interesting beginning to the cruise.  First announcement was that all playlist performances were cancelled due to two testing positive for Covid without symptoms.

Next up, no piano bar entertainer due to Covid.

Closing the front upper decks and jacuzzis to make them available to crew starting at 8pm.

Definitely a different cruise.  They are trying by moving comedy into the big theatre.  But this is definitely a compromised experience.

I was on the Dec 19th cruise out of NOLA and I noticed one of the playlist performers missing after the first night from the productions.  I believe they also cancelled the last play list production of the cruise but can't confirm that since I wasn't going to attend it anyway.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

I'm glad they are giving the crew some space for R+R. 

I was on Legend last week, they closed the Serenity area some nights for crew to use. However, noticed this was not the case later on in the cruise and at a Q&A with the CD, he mentioned the crew were not allowed to congregate. I though that was all Carnival ships, but I guess he could of meant just that ship. 

7 hours ago, PSU2LSU said:

I was on the Dec 19th cruise out of NOLA and I noticed one of the playlist performers missing after the first night from the productions.  I believe they also cancelled the last play list production of the cruise but can't confirm that since I wasn't going to attend it anyway.  

We were on the Dec 19th cruise also. You are correct, the last playlist production was cancelled.

Regarding the comedy shows, I'm glad they are considering a bigger venue. As much as I like the shows, I am hesistant to be in a  crowded room- cruise ship or not. Not a deal breaker to skip the show.. but it would be nice to have a "virtual option".. perhaps on the tv so I can watch from our cabin? 

• Like 10

2 hours ago, cocomango said:

Regarding the comedy shows, I'm glad they are considering a bigger venue. As much as I like the shows, I am hesistant to be in a  crowded room- cruise ship or not. Not a deal breaker to skip the show.. but it would be nice to have a "virtual option".. perhaps on the tv so I can watch from our cabin? 

We sailed on the Horizon in October.  The crowd packing the Comedy Shows was the only time I felt uncomfortable in a crowd the entire trip.  Every space was filled by a body.  I love the idea of seeing it in the cabin...even if it weren't "live".

• Like 3

On 12/28/2021 at 7:12 AM, PSU2LSU said:

We were on the same cruise.  I didn't even notice a performer missing - guess I was enjoying the shows too much!  Interesting.......... Yes - the Saturday evening "holiday show" was cancelled.  Announcement made in the theater said due to technical difficulties, but obviously could be a cover.  I told my husband yesterday that we apparently sailed during a good week with everything turning bad again.  I hope you and your enjoyed this cruise as much as we did - we were just so thankful to be back!  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LHARTWICK said:

We were on the same cruise.  I didn't even notice a performer missing - guess I was enjoying the shows too much!  Interesting.......... Yes - the Saturday evening "holiday show" was cancelled.  Announcement made in the theater said due to technical difficulties, but obviously could be a cover.  I told my husband yesterday that we apparently sailed during a good week with everything turning bad again.  I hope you and your enjoyed this cruise as much as we did - we were just so thankful to be back!  

I went to the welcome aboard show and they had 4 females and 4 males singing and dancing.  The next shows I attended only 3 females and 4 males.  The playlist performers never skipped a beat.  

We had a great time on the Dec 19th cruise and will be back on for the January 2nd sailing. 

• Like 1

On 12/28/2021 at 6:54 AM, KmomChicago said:

This will be interesting as the week unfolds. This week is going to pivotal for the industry. First time many ships are close to full, I assume based on high season demand and during the worst surge. 

Yeah if anything comes out of this i expect the industry to set some new capacity limits.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest BasicSailor
9 hours ago, jas1178 said:

Todays update - no more than 3 in an elevator and cancellation of a bunch of Trivia.

Not a good sign.

Guest BasicSailor
16 hours ago, PSU2LSU said:

I went to the welcome aboard show and they had 4 females and 4 males singing and dancing.  The next shows I attended only 3 females and 4 males.  The playlist performers never skipped a beat.  

We had a great time on the Dec 19th cruise and will be back on for the January 2nd sailing. 

So that had to mess with the sounds of the music, or are they a lip singing to recorded music ????

We are supposed to sail on MG on Sunday - I did jus see CDC is urging people not to cruise. ... ahhh decisions .. we want to go as we go to relax on our balcony and/or serenity deck.....  curious how this cruise goes for the rest of your time.

Captain was not part of the diamond gathering.  Invite was from hotel director, likely to protect the master?

for the person sailing Mardi Gras, spoke with Marcus and things over there aren’t as bad as here.  Lots of redundancy on that ship too.  Go and have fun.

definitely seen staff disappear this week.  We lost our club o2 counselor yesterday.  Seems fun squad is short too.