Tests ordered via RCCI link not here yet

1 hour ago, Cru1s1ng2009 said:

sold out. 

i am going to the drive thru testing tomorrow am at 430. The line is over 2 miles long. luckily my DD works at the hospital and i am an emergency manager so we will get our results in time HOPEFULLY. But i am not going to mention they are for vacation. ok, i am going to LIE. 

If you have an Expresscare urgent care center near you, go there.  We went to the one near us in Nov. as walk ins and got tested.  Was billed to our insurance, Medicare, and they cover it in full. We were there when they opened the doors. They do the Rapid Antigen test and we left with a copy of our negative results.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, retiredgram said:

If you have an Expresscare urgent care center near you, go there.  We went to the one near us in Nov. as walk ins and got tested.  Was billed to our insurance, Medicare, and they cover it in full. We were there when they opened the doors. They do the Rapid Antigen test and we left with a copy of our negative results.

I wasn’t feeling good yesterday and went to get tested.   This was my line 

Edited by Ptroxx

11 minutes ago, retiredgram said:

Things were considerably different in November.  I wonder what the wait time/turn around is right now?  

Just now, mek said:

Did you get instant/almost instant results?

No. As I’m not in a hurry I’ll have results today.  
But I’ll be making an appointment as soon as the window open ups for testing at CVS/ Walgreens for my cruise on Jan 30th 

I know kinda different circumstances.   

9 minutes ago, Ptroxx said:

No. As I’m not in a hurry I’ll have results today.  
But I’ll be making an appointment as soon as the window open ups for testing at CVS/ Walgreens for my cruise on Jan 30th 

I know kinda different circumstances.   

Well, I moved my Jan 23rd cruise to next October, so I don't have to worry about this for a while and hopefully things will be better then, but going to an urgent care sounds better to me than messing around with ordering a test to be done at home.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mek said:

Well, I moved my Jan 23rd cruise to next October, so I don't have to worry about this for a while and hopefully things will be better then, but going to an urgent care sounds better to me than messing around with ordering a test to be done at home.

On the other hand, a healthy person is more likely to be exposed to sick people/catch an infection (covid or cold or flu, for example) at an urgent care center than if one tests at home or at a drive up testing site.  I would rather not enter an urgent care center unless I really need urgent care.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mek said:

Luckily I’m not worried about the situation going on. It is what it is.  
we have 6 ports on out 7 day cruise. And if we miss a few so be it.  
I’ll enjoy the time on the ship relaxing on my balcony. I’m an early bird so I’ll us that time to walk around and get my steps in. And order room service from time to time.   Doesn’t bother me.  
the more people cancelling the better.  
I got these tests as a back up.  I’ll go to CVS and get my tests the Friday b4 I leave for my Sunday cruise.

not gonna hide in my basement.  I could be killed walking across the street. Fully vaxed and ready to mingle. Lol.   
And if I have covid right now.  It’s like the flu.     

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Ptroxx said:

Luckily I’m not worried about the situation going on. It is what it is.  
we have 6 ports on out 7 day cruise. And if we miss a few so be it.  
I’ll enjoy the time on the ship relaxing on my balcony. I’m an early bird so I’ll us that time to walk around and get my steps in. And order room service from time to time.   Doesn’t bother me.  
the more people cancelling the better.  
I got these tests as a back up.  I’ll go to CVS and get my tests the Friday b4 I leave for my Sunday cruise.

not gonna hide in my basement.  I could be killed walking across the street. Fully vaxed and ready to mingle. Lol.   
And if I have covid right now.  It’s like the flu.     

Perhaps you misunderstood - I'm certainly not concerned about being on the ship - it's getting on the ship that is a problem for me.  Too many hoops to jump through and we have to fly,. I don't  cruise to spend a great deal of time on my balcony and I want a lot of activity which sounds like it may or may not be happening right now, so I will continue to postpone cruising until it becomes something I'm interested in doing again.

People cruise for different reasons - being afraid to cruise does not necessarily have to be a part of the equation for those of us who are putting it off.

• Like 1

I was disappointed with the customer service at Optum.  I ordered test kits on 12/22.  Delivery was to be 12/23-24.  No tests came.  I called 12/26 the person could not help and had no idea of when delivery would be coming.  They said it was a weekend and there was no one in the warehouse.  I called 12/27 11:00 am eastern.  The person apologized and asked when I needed the test.  I explained I was leaving at 6am on the 29th .  She said there was nothing she could do the tests were not shipped.  Offered a refund.  12/28 1:30pm I get home and the tests were on the front porch.  I would have slept a lot better had I known they were in route.  This was not a good experience with Optum.

P.S.  Negative

Edited by Race Watcher
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Cru1s1ng2009 said:

I am FREAKING out. I dropped $200 on tests for 3 of us because the FAQ recommended two per person. I ordered them last monday and it said they would arrive on 22 or 23. Well they arent here and i went on their website and they havent even shipped from Cali and I am in Maryland. I have to take these tests tomorrow or Thursday at the latest. 

Is anyone having the same issue? I have no other options because the testing here is taking days/weeks now. 

Worst case is there an option for you to book a test at the cruise terminal?    I think they charge at least $100 pp.    

I wish you lots of luck!     Testing is really screwed up for travelers and people who are sick.

3 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Worst case is there an option for you to book a test at the cruise terminal?    I think they charge at least $100 pp.    

I wish you lots of luck!     Testing is really screwed up for travelers and people who are sick.

I got tested yesterday because I don’t feel right and I was 4th in line.  No waiting.   Depends on where you are and go.   

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Race Watcher said:

I was disappointed with the customer service at Optum.  I ordered test kits on 12/22.  Delivery was to be 12/23-24.  No tests came.  I called 12/26 the person could not help and had no idea of when delivery would be coming.  They said it was a weekend and there was no one in the warehouse.  I called 12/27 11:00 am eastern.  The person apologized and asked when I needed the test.  I explained I was leaving at 6am on the 29th .  She said there was nothing she could do the tests were not shipped.  Offered a refund.  12/28 1:30pm I get home and the tests were on the front porch.  I would have slept a lot better had I known they were in route.  This was not a good experience with Optum.

P.S.  Negative

Congratulations on your Negative Test!

We ordered 3 test kits thru Optum on friday afternoon 12/17 and received Monday 12/22.     Guess we missed the frenzy that is happening now.   

2 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Congratulations on your Negative Test!

We ordered 3 test kits thru Optum on friday afternoon 12/17 and received Monday 12/22.     Guess we missed the frenzy that is happening now.   

I just ordered tests today.  I’ll keep ya updated lol. 

52 minutes ago, wildernesslady said:

What is the expiration date for those receiving test this past week?  I was thinking of ordering through emed.com to get the 6 pack. 

Many recent data points indicate tests received were assembled early December 2021 and have expiration dates next November. Your mileage may vary. I wouldn’t order tests now unless cruising prior to early February. 

2 hours ago, Race Watcher said:

P.S.  Negative

I ordered 12/23 - delivery was to be the 24-27.  It still hasn't shipped.  I was planning to call tomorrow to see what the deal is....but maybe it will just show up like yours did?  We don't sail til the 18th so I have some time.

4 hours ago, Starry Eyes said:

On the other hand, a healthy person is more likely to be exposed to sick people/catch an infection (covid or cold or flu, for example) at an urgent care center than if one tests at home or at a drive up testing site.  I would rather not enter an urgent care center unless I really need urgent care.

That's true and  drive up is an option, but I went to an urgent care last summer for Poison Ivy and I waited in my car until they were ready for me.  

Edited by mek
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, kfnesq said:

I ordered 12/23 - delivery was to be the 24-27.  It still hasn't shipped.  I was planning to call tomorrow to see what the deal is....but maybe it will just show up like yours did?  We don't sail til the 18th so I have some time.

I just looked my last order up and the tracking number says pending even though I've already received it. So seems like there is a lack of updating their website/accounts with the Fed Ex tracking #'s.  I did receive an email that said to expect shipping to be delayed, but it still came in about 2 days. Ordered Dec.19 and received the 21st. Copied from the website just now- should be closed, but is showing as open:

Order Status

Open

Order No

Order date

12/19/2021

Tracking number

Pending