Tests ordered via RCCI link not here yet

On 12/28/2021 at 10:55 AM, J&L~SetSail said:

On second thought I should caution this approach. It's second hand knowledge. I'm not sure how the paperwork would work. He is a frequent flyer and his info was probably on file. Plus things aren't the same here in Knoxville as other areas. 

I work for a chain drugstore told them that my son tested positive and I couldn't get a test. They have me on record for medications and all three covid vaccines.  I don't have symptoms so I just keep going to work possibly infecting the world.

2 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

Trying to decide where to order 6 test kits from - through RCL link to Optum  $200 or EMed $150. When I went to EMed website it states could be delayed up to a week. Don’t need until middle of January. 

Maybe I read website wrong, does ordering from Emed include the proctoring, and send results, or is it just the kits? I ordered thru cruiseline link to be safe.

26 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

The lines in NYC are hours long and the tests are taking days to come back. My son tested on Monday in NYC and the results didn't come back until Thursday.  My wife works at an NYC hospital and they are only testing employees if they have symptoms. They are trying to minimize the turnaround time at the overloaded labs.  The turnaround time at the chain drugstore I work for is having the same issue.  It would be pretty hard to time the results with a cruise departure.

Yes seen the news with the long lines in NY.  Your posts makes it seem it’s everywhere.  
when it’s fine here in Vegas.  Places like Walgreens are hard to get appointments.  But there’s a ton of places to walk up and test. 

8 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

Trying to decide where to order 6 test kits from - through RCL link to Optum  $200 or EMed $150. When I went to EMed website it states could be delayed up to a week. Don’t need until middle of January. 

Just got mine in 20 hours 

https://store.optum.com/shop/products/abbott-binaxNOW-COVID-19-ag-at-home-test-kit-2-pack/

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, fliprcruiser said:

Maybe I read website wrong, does ordering from Emed include the proctoring, and send results, or is it just the kits? I ordered thru cruiseline link to be safe.

Yes it does include proctor & is $50 less for 6. Not sure what to do. 

4 minutes ago, fliprcruiser said:

If you order the correct tests, yes.  It's the Ag CARD test and they're around $70 for 2 tests

https://store.optum.com/shop/products/abbott-binaxNOW-COVID-19-ag-at-home-test-kit-2-pack/

EMED seems to only sell 6 packs but Optum has 2 or 3 packs

2 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

Yes it does include proctor & is $50 less for 6. Not sure what to do. 

Emed charged shipping of 20 dollars which makes the price difference negligible.

if the ones we received today are good through the end of February I will order from the "link" right away.

1 minute ago, forgotmyCCname said:

Emed charged shipping of 20 dollars which makes the price difference negligible.

if the ones we received today are good through the end of February I will order from the "link" right away.

Thought the ones people are now receiving expire November 2022. 

57 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

Decided, will order two 3 packs through link RCL provided. 

Ordered test kits at 2:31PM today. Just received email shipped 3:15PM via FedEx estimated delivery tomorrow by 8:00PM. Coming from California. Fingers crossed November 2022 expiration dates. 

7 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

Ordered test kits at 2:31PM today. Just received email shipped 3:15PM via FedEx estimated delivery tomorrow by 8:00PM. Coming from California. Fingers crossed November 2022 expiration dates. 

Same here.  Ordered at 2pm yesterday.   Received at 930.  So about 20 hrs total.   

4 minutes ago, Ptroxx said:

Same here.  Ordered at 2pm yesterday.   Received at 930.  So about 20 hrs total.   

Expiration date November 2022???  Would like to use for our January 20 & March 17 cruises. Wanted to have a few extras. If first 4 used go off without any problems then I will have 2 left for September & order another 2 to be on the safe side. 

7 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

Expiration date November 2022???  Would like to use for our January 20 & March 17 cruises. Wanted to have a few extras. If first 4 used go off without any problems then I will have 2 left for September & order another 2 to be on the safe side. 

Yes.  Nov 22.      I’m gonna get tested on a Friday b4 I leave for my Sunday departure.   I just got them as a backup.  

20 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

Confused your test kits expire February 2022 or November 2022?

sorry to confuse.
I called Emed and Abbot directly last week as people in another interwebs group were being told they could use their expired kits.

Abbott and Emed both told me that they were still shipping kits that expire  in February 2022. Abbott also told me that it would be late January before any with longer expiration dates were sold.

I did not order from eMed. I ordered from Optum  using the RCL link and they expire November 2022. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LorraineP said:

Ordered through E-med yesterday, shipping on the 6 pack brought mine to $182. Have notification of shipping today, but it is just label created/sent according to tracking info. Estimated delivery to daytona beach area on 12/30/21 by 8 pm via fedex. Will update with expiration and delivery times when received. Need mine for mid-january also.

3 hours ago, Ptroxx said:

I ordered mine yesterday also and did not get them, it still say pending when I check the order.  just checked again and now saying it is shipping and should get it before 8:00 p.m. tomorrow.  did not get a shipping email.

Edited by clochette