Is there any way to find out current capacity of Jan sailings?

Ramona760

We are booked on the Navigator OTS January 14th in CA. We just got a letter warning of changes in protocols and potential limits on activities. Thing is, we really want to go if the ship is low capacity. We were on the Dec. 13 sailing at less than 50% and it was great!

8 minutes ago, Ramona760 said:

We are booked on the Navigator OTS January 14th in CA. We just got a letter warning of changes in protocols and potential limits on activities. Thing is, we really want to go if the ship is low capacity. We were on the Dec. 13 sailing at less than 50% and it was great!

Onboard the Navigator now...guest services said that the anticipated passenger capacity for Jan. 14th is 2200.

• Thanks 4

19 minutes ago, bonsai3s said:

Onboard the Navigator now...guest services said that the anticipated passenger capacity for Jan. 14th is 2200.

Oh thanks so much! I looked up passenger capacity at 3386 and I'm guessing more people will cancel since we just got "the letter"  Just wondering what they may be cancelling (adventure ocean, shows?) Have the pools and slides remained open?

Weird thing is they are still booking for Jan 14th!! 

Edited by Ramona760

Nothing cancelled for this cruise.

Pools and slides open.

Windjammer open for dinner...current capacity per guest services is 2600+.

We did notice that during the Disco Inferno party at Studio B held last night...no Village People performed on stage. First time we've seen VP not perform...the dance floor was still full of passengers enjoying the 3 entertaiment staff on stage.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bonsai3s said:

Nothing cancelled for this cruise.

Pools and slides open.

Windjammer open for dinner...current capacity per guest services is 2600+.

We did notice that during the Disco Inferno party at Studio B held last night...no Village People performed on stage. First time we've seen VP not perform...the dance floor was still full of passengers enjoying the 3 entertaiment staff on stage.

Did it seem crowded to you at that capacity? Normal? It was so empty on Dec 13th almost eerie.

We are still hoping to go. Sounds like you had a great time. 

1 hour ago, marjoriemcdonaldd11 said:

Any chance you could find out the estimated capacity of the following Jan. 17 sailing? Many thanks!

Per guest services...1913 anticipated passengers for Jan. 17th.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Ramona760 said:

Did it seem crowded to you at that capacity? Normal? It was so empty on Dec 13th almost eerie.

We are still hoping to go. Sounds like you had a great time. 

We are having a wonderful time...we have enjoyed the ship when it was "empty" and enjoying it now with more passengers. 

* We are just genuinely happy to be cruising again.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, bonsai3s said:

While I didn't ask the question, I'm on that sailing so thank you for getting this information for us!  Fingers crossed that it all goes well.  I really want to go to the original ports but to just sail out of someplace OTHER than the East Coast will be fun.  Haven't been to Cali in over 10 years so I figured why not!

8 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Since you are being so helpful could you check for Jan 10th.  It is odd but we have not received anything from royal about our sailing. 

Per guest services, anticipated number of passengers for Jan 10th is 1500.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, bonsai3s said:

Wow...That actually sounds great...We'll be on that sailing too. However I'm hoping that the WJ will still be open for dinner with the low head count.

5 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Wow...That actually sounds great...We'll be on that sailing too. However I'm hoping that the WJ will still be open for dinner with the low head count.

Ashland...you have helped us in the past, so hoping to return the favor...I will ask the ROM or FMB if the WJ will be open for your sailing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I have noticed a lot of reports from several ships that the numbers of expected passengers is often high compared to actually counts at sailing.  In other words, many ships have had a high number of no-shows, last minute cancellations.   After the higher numbers of passengers on holiday sailings, we are hoping the numbers go down.  We are on the 1/17 and 1/24 sailings.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RoyalC said:

60% of double occupancy or "total" capacity?

60% is the standard answer that CSR's have been telling people.     They really don't know 

I have heard people calling the crown and anchor desk direct or if you know someone onboard your ship have them ask the loyalty ambassador.    they usually can check future sailings.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Blizzard54 said:

I have noticed a lot of reports from several ships that the numbers of expected passengers is often high compared to actually counts at sailing.  In other words, many ships have had a high number of no-shows, last minute cancellations.   After the higher numbers of passengers on holiday sailings, we are hoping the numbers go down.  We are on the 1/17 and 1/24 sailings.  

Blizzard54...thanks for helping us in the past...per guest services, anticipated passenger capacity is 1400.

* Guest Services is probably wondering why I'm asking so much about passenger capacity. Current C&A top tier earlier, 64 D+, 19 P's.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, bonsai3s said:

Ashland...you have helped us in the past, so hoping to return the favor...I will ask the ROM or FMB if the WJ will be open for your sailing.

How kind of you not only remembering me but taking the time to ask an onboard question for me.

I always try to pay it forward because there have been so many poster's that have helped me over the years.

Thank you so very much !!!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Ashland said:

How kind of you not only remembering me but taking the time to ask an onboard question for me.

I always try to pay it forward because there have been so many poster's that have helped me over the years.

Thank you so very much !!!

Just came from the Windjammer...didn't see the ROM or FBM...but spoke to the Maitre D'...Rajesh stated that their guideline to open the Windjammer was 2500 passengers.  However, so many passengers have asked for the WJ to be open...so, he said moving forward, they will open the WJ for dinner...even with less passengers.  I hope that is good news for you.  Happy New Year!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2