Poll time. Are you still planning to cruise?

colesc15

Are you cruising  

356 members have voted

1. 1. Are you still cruising in the next 2-3 weeks if you have a booking?

• You bet I am!
    • No. I canceled or will be canceling

4 hours ago, firefly333 said:

If I tested positive between b2b I would ask if I could isolate 5 days and stay on. I always travel with plenty of books. Just let me cruise.

Yea I don’t  that would fly since you have to have a negative test to sail on your 2nd leg.  If it happens to me, I will get in my car and drive 90 miles home. 

10 minutes ago, Painter4me said:

How would they know you were positive, if you had mild symptoms and kept to yourself? Self isolating and enjoying your stateroom?

Because some people have to test to get to other countries.  Like Canada.   

16 minutes ago, Painter4me said:

How would they know you were positive, if you had mild symptoms and kept to yourself? Self isolating and enjoying your stateroom?

If you book b2b right now they test you. Crossing my fingers. Hotel and parking prepaid. Want to stay on my full 14 days. Bad timing for first 7 + 7

• Like 1

6 hours ago, colesc15 said:

From all the reports I've read, I haven't run across any that kept someone from the US from getting home after the cruise is done. If I was from Canada or elsewhere, I'd definitely be concerned about getting home but being from the US, end of cruise they kick you off regardless if you're positive or negative (or want to stay on the ship even longer lol) 

If we were driving, not a problem.  But we have to fly from NJ back to California— which means a quarantine period first.  We could afford it, would get reimbursed on top of it from our insurance, but it’s not high on my to do list, to quarantine out of state.

We have a cruise scheduled for Feb 27th and one on April 4th. Not planning on canceling unless we test positive prior to embarkation. I just miss the ocean. We will be more than happy eating at the specialty dining venues (UDP on both cruises) and hanging by the pool and hot tub all day and evening if that’s all that’s available.

Definitely won't be cruising any time soon. We cancelled our January cruise as I don't want to spend the whole cruise wondering if we will ever get back home to Europe. It would be a totally different story if we weren't living overseas. We are fully vaccinated and got our boosters a couple of weeks ago but there's no way I would be travelling now.

The final payment for our Norwegian cruise was yesterday, and we cancelled.  NCL has a much more restrictive cancellation policy than RCI, and there is no Cruise With Confidence plan.   If we had a cruise with RCI, we might have made payment, but with NCL your money will just go into a black hole and good luck getting it back.  

10 hours ago, Cruisen Elf said:

I voted yes because there is less chance of contracting Covid on a cruise ship than there is shopping at my local grocery store!  Our county's current fully vaccinated rate is under 50%.  I continue to mask up wherever I go because so many people are still unvaccinated.   So masking is not a big deal for me.  Give me a fully vaccinated cruise any day!  Can't wait to get back to sea, even if we have some cancelled ports.

Just an FYI.  If you are talking about the US, you are way off.  It is above 61%.  

We are going-sailing sunday.  We will of course keep masks on as instructed- as we don't want to chance illness.  We will follow social distanting guidelines  We have been fully vaccinated and careful at home.  Fortunately, most people in our community are respectful of guidelines and respect each others space.  High percentage of fully vaccinated people.  

Don't want to be a  covid statistic.

Edited by Cruise a holic