December 30, 2021

Izena

Last weigh in for December and 2021.  What a year.  I had thought that COVID would be a thing of the past by now.  Who would have thought we would be entering a THIRD year.  

Im back to my low maintenance range.  

2021 total loss 46 lbs.  

Everyone have a safe New Year.    Jazzper and  I will be spending New Years Eve ay LaQuinta to get relief from neighborhood fireworks. 

Thanks for starting the thread Izena!  This will be the first time I have posted my loss/gain since before we took our cruise on 12/11.  We did a 7 night, came home to Christmas celebrations a few times with lots of food and then some kids and lots of food and then all the kids and grandkids yesterday and lots of food again!!!!

So, with everything I am up a total of 2.2# since the last time I weighed 12/10.  I checked where I was the end of December, 2020 and for this year I am actually up a total of 4.0#  Sad, but I am ok with it.  Starting the new year both DH & I feel its time to get serious (again) with health.

Happy New Year to all .... lets all hope that 2022 is a better year!  Jan

2 hours ago, Izena said:

Who would have thought we would be entering a THIRD year.

Looking back a hundred years, The Spanish Flu stayed around for 30 years, but no one thought much about it after about three, because it stopped killing people. Covid will be around, but in milder variants, eventually possibly like a common cold. Not claiming to have a crystal ball, but history might provide a prediction.

Weight, oh yeah, weight. Stopped weighing around Thanksgiving, but heading back to Atkins sometime around the 1st. Will do that until our cruise in Feb....If that happens. We've had three cancelled.

Second attempt to post

Jan not bad overall. Just think where you weight could be if you didn’t weigh weekly.  Focus on dropping a lb a month it’s a small but doable goal.

Mtn welcome back.  Good luck on Atkins.   I agree with you covid info.  It is time to move on.  I’m okay with the fax requirements and wearing a mask i when social distancing isn’t appropriate.  But this is the new normal - I think the worst is behind us.  

I hope my Cabo cruise doesn’t get cancelled it’s Feb 5th.  On a small ship  66 max guests.  

Hi all!

Izena ~ thanks for starting the thread. What a great loss you've had, congrats!

Jan ~ you gave me the idea to check my weight for the year & I'm down 1.8 lbs so not too bad.

mtnesterz ~  good point about the 1918 flu. I'm waiting for a book to see how that went.

I'll start using My Fitness Pal again after tomorrow when I'm having our turkey dinner & a dessert with whipped cream.😉

Looks like at least 3 of us have Feb cruises! My friends/family keep sending me bad news about cruising but I'm going as long as it's sailing. I've ordered some Covid tests to take with me to hopefully lessen the stress.

Happy New Year & stay safe.

~ Jo ~ 😊

Jo and  Jan be safe with all the snow heading your way.  Yesterday it was 83 and humid. This morning it is 31 with a wind chill feels like 23. Winterized the yard yesterday  trimmed back stuff the will freeze  covered my aloe plants with large pails.  The rest of the plants are on their own.  

• Like 1

Happy New Year 2022 Everyone.

13 days left of my cruising. Hot Mexico! Won't get off the ship but

will enjoy the warm weather on my balcony or about the ship. Will

be cold when I get home.

I tell you I feel safer on a cruise ship then out there-----of course doing b2b's get tested after

each cruise on their dime. Mask wearing, cleaning all the time. Hand washing.

People out there. why won't they get their shots.  This would end sooner. Won't go

away but would be much better.

What does CDC have against cruising? Don't cruise but do they say don't fly? Cruising

does everything their told, flying nothing was done, then finally started wearing masks.

Don't get it. Yes some cruises have cases, nothing like some cities, towns.

Everyone has to decide them selves if to cruise, I to have a cruise in Feb/March. if it goes.

b2b Panama Canal.  Guess depends on the ports we're suppose to stop at.  Just have to wait

and see if get the e-mail--Cancelled-Hope not.

Happy New Year wishes again for all. Let this year be better for ALL then 2020 and 21 was.

• Like 1