We canceled

maria1122

2 hours ago, mets123 said:

I called Royal last night about our January 9th Anthem cruise. I was told Royal will let people cancel any cruise departing before January 17th and they can get a complete refund. Still haven't decided.

That's good to hear. 

We're also on a January 9 sailing and have been talking about whether to go.  We're still for it at the moment, but that's based on our assumptions that things will calm down after the holidays are over and that the passenger makeup will be dramatically different from the holiday cruises.  However, we're still open to cancelling.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Diveloonie said:

We are booked for January 30th, Explorer Of The Sea.  This was an Irish Music cruise with private concerts.  In the process of canceling right now.  Not worth it to us.  We want a monetary refund.  Not interested in an FCC.  Wish us luck!

Is that a private cruise where the organizer brought out the ship and then resell or did you book that directly with Royal?  That would make a difference on how the cancellation process would work.  Please keep us posted thank you.

57 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

It's the crew who are sick and spreading covid. Passengers get it from them. 

Where do you think the crew got it from?     they are not allowed off the ships other than maybe a short couple of hours off at CocoCay. 

Of course there will be more crew testing positive since they are getting tested a min. of once a week some ships were doing 3 times a week to try to prevent the spread.   

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mets123 said:

I called Royal last night about our January 9th Anthem cruise. I was told Royal will let people cancel any cruise departing before January 17th and they can get a complete refund. Still haven't decided.

We are booked for jan 9th and 20th (b2b) for 22 nights on Anthem.     I am hoping to see info from people on the sailing that leaves today on what the health status of crew, etc. and what ports they get to on this 9 night sailing.    

I am on the fence about cancelling the Jan 9th and just stick with our Jan 20th sailing.   We will make a decision by wednesday or thursday at latest.   

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

If there are only 2, I think I am seeing what is available. Anything less than 5.

I'd like to have the same cabin but not showing. I do have a excellent ta. 

Are you trying to book a B2B and stay in the same cabin?  Contacting Royal or having your TA contact Royal might help.

1 minute ago, D4 said:

Are you trying to book a B2B and stay in the same cabin?  Contacting Royal or having your TA contact Royal might help.

I've said twice I would prefer to keep the same cabin. Close cabins is not my preferred choice. A b2b2b2b, 4 so harder to find the same cabin.

Again I think I am seeing what is available but will contact rcl or my ta of course if I decide to book. But thanks. 

19 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

Is that a private cruise where the organizer brought out the ship and then resell or did you book that directly with Royal?  That would make a difference on how the cancellation process would work.  Please keep us posted thank you.

There is an organizer for our group of approximately 80 folks, who acts as our liaison (TA) with the cruise line.  He is in talk with cruise line for options.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, NightOne said:

YOU do not know who was or was not removed from the ship so stop passing this off as a fact.

YOU also do not know why crew members did or did not leave the ship.

Speculate: fine 

Fact: Not at this time

yes, it has been reported that positive crew members from various ships have been transferred to the 2 ghost ships (Vision and Rhapsody) to quarantine.     I heard 69+/- from Odyssey were transferred, no idea how many from Jewel or Symphony or others.   

This was part of the CSO with the CDC.     

Not only will this help stop the spread but it will help ships stay under the 1% that is what the islands won't allow a ship to dock.

4 hours ago, jkjoshua said:

Us too, we are thinking of cancelling our Jan 9 Harmony cruise out of Canaveral.   Will we get a full refund or future credit? 

Hope this helps with some answers to cancelation;

• They are waiving the cancellation fees for sailings with embarkation dates through and including January 17, 2022. 
  • Customers will receive a 100% refund to the original form of payment.
  • If the customer has airfare booked through an external vendor, they will need to work with the airline to get a credit for that portion based on normal airline cancellation guidelines.  
  • If these customers are opting to cancel their cruise, they do not qualify for the 125% FCC offer. This offer is only for sailings that get suspended.
  • To cancel, you may use the online cancellation form or call, however, the hold times have been very long due to call volume, so we highly recommend using the form to request the cancellation and refunds.
    • The form that is being used is the “Cruise with Confidence (CWC)” form, however, as long as these customers are sailing through January 17, 2022, they will receive a refund vs the FCC. 
  •  
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, orville99 said:

The supposition that I was questioning was that passengers were being infected by crew. There are no data to support this. You can quote raw numbers till the cows come home, but raw numbers do not a correlation make.

“but raw numbers do not a correlation make.”

Raw numbers are most certainly used to make a correlation.  I assume you mean that correlation doesn’t mean causation?

8 minutes ago, bajathree said:

• They are waiving the cancellation fees for sailings with embarkation dates through and including January 17, 2022. 
  • If the customer has airfare booked through an external vendor, they will need to work with the airline to get a credit for that portion based on normal airline cancellation guidelines.  
  • If these customers are opting to cancel their cruise, they do not qualify for the 125% FCC offer. This offer is only for sailings that get suspended.
  • To cancel, you may use the online cancellation form or call, however, the hold times have been very long due to call volume, so we highly recommend using the form to request the cancellation and refunds.
    • The form that is being used is the “Cruise with Confidence (CWC)” form, however, as long as these customers are sailing through January 17, 2022, they will receive a refund vs the FCC. 
  •  

Where did you find this? 

• Like 1

Currently we have 9 cruises booked from January 2022 to March 2022 and do not plan an cancelling any of them. If anything maybe adding 1 or 2 more given the fantastic prices and low capacity. We have taken 9 since September and have not had any issues and really enjoyed the half full ship experience.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Karter said:

Currently we have 9 cruises booked from January 2022 to March 2022 and do not plan an cancelling any of them. If anything maybe adding 1 or 2 more given the fantastic prices and low capacity. We have taken 9 since September and have not had any issues and really enjoyed the half full ship experience.

We have cruised six times since the restart and also enjoyed the half full ship experience.  The sixth cruise, over Christmas weekend, was not quite as enjoyable as the others because of the new mask requirements; we are light drinkers, but the idea of “sip and cover” was so distasteful to us that we never had a drink on the cruise.  I was also thoroughly tired of the constant masking (felt like my ears were going to fall off after a couple of days).  To add the possibility of missed ports and canceled entertainment is pushing me towards cancellations.  I never thought I would voluntarily cancel a cruise, but I am approaching that point now.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Karter said:

But you live in Florida - so much easier to cruise right now w/o relying on flights.  For those of us who have to fly, it becomes a little more complicated.

Edited by mek
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

I'm hearing they cancelled the Cruise with Confidence and are issuing refunds.  But that was from someone on our next cruise who was told that by their TA.

Rumors abound, but eventually the facts will follow. There's no mention of the above referenced information on the RCCL website and the CWC policy is still there.

53 minutes ago, topnole said:

“but raw numbers do not a correlation make.”

Raw numbers are most certainly used to make a correlation.  I assume you mean that correlation doesn’t mean causation?

Correlations can be negative, positive, arithmetic, logarithmic, geometric etc.,but putting to sets of data side-by-side doesn’t create a correlation between those datasets. 

22 minutes ago, bajathree said:

•  

Well...I just got off of a 2-hour call with Royal.  When I canceled last week, I was not advised that there was any option other than to take the FCCs.  Seems cash refunds are limited to payments made in excess of deposit until paid in full, and then, only under certain cirumstances.  Our sailing was for 1/31/21, so just outside the window above.  Based on our having $1400 total, we will get back $500 and the rest will roll onto the next cruise, which I have a hold on now.  I just have to hope the FCC comes in time because I am not laying out any more cash until things settle down again.  Fingers crossed, and really appreciate you posting this clarification @bajathree

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Common sense. 200+  crew removed from Symphony this past week.  Few passengers. 

Crew are tested at least once a week. 

Pax are positive but most just don't know it.   They took their pre-boarding tests before they were infected or were infectious enough to test positive, or were infected between testing and boarding.  Onboard, they're either asymptomatic or mildly sick (and not reporting it).  Most won't find out they're positive (if ever) until returning home and becoming symptomatic and/or getting tested.  Meanwhile the pax are unkowingly spreading it onboard.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, orville99 said:

Correlations can be negative, positive, arithmetic, logarithmic, geometric etc.,but putting to sets of data side-by-side doesn’t create a correlation between those datasets. 

Raw numbers are what you use to run a correlation analysis.  You don’t use averages or aggregate data.  But still the point is that correlation doesn’t prove causation in any scenario and you were getting at the point that the data doesn’t show causation.  Correlation is pretty much irrelevant in this case.  The main concern for most is causation right now.  

• Like 1

We’re scheduled on the 1/10 4-night Indy, and are leaning toward going. I like that it’s out of Port Canaveral so we won’t get stuck outside the US and it’s a short one. We do have a back up plan to stay secluded in Orlando if either of us test positive prior to boarding, although we’re both boosted at this point. I need sunshine one way or the other… Fingers crossed there is still some onboard entertainment!

1 hour ago, Diveloonie said:

There is an organizer for our group of approximately 80 folks, who acts as our liaison (TA) with the cruise line.  He is in talk with cruise line for options.

Is your entire group canceling ?    
I’m on the same cruise.  

Are the shows private ?   I’m a good roadie.  Love Irish music lol. 

I have a Mexican Riviera cruise booked for January 17th. I still plan on going. I have taken 4 cruises since cruising started up again and I feel very safe on the ship with the current protocols.  There is a chance that I might catch COVID on the ship but I feel like I could catch it anywhere now. I am vaxxed and I just got my booster shot. I absolutely understand why some would cancel.

Beth

• Like 3