We decided to postpone our January 2022 cruise on the Splendor

1 minute ago, DatawCruiser said:

What would prevent you from cancelling the 2023 cruise for a full refund?

Interesting question, maybe something in the “ fine print” of their Reassurance policy, I can’t believe they would leave a gaping loophole like this 

Hi

We cancelled our Feb 3 cruise through to 7 March on Splendor back in October due to final payment being due and still not being allowed to leave Australia. With it up in the air about leaving Australia and no positive answer from Regent whether we would get a credit should leaving Australia still be banned at that time we decided to cancel. Deposits got moved to Jan 2023. Very disappointed at the time but now with Omicron I'm glad we did this. We miss our cruises but will wait until it looks a lot safer.

2 hours ago, UUNetBill said:

Well, as of today we still plan on going...like you, we have concerns - but after a two year break, we're WAY overdue to get back on board so we're gonna take the chance.  

🤞

Have a great trip!  And I look forward to your comments about the cruise.  Any pearls of wisdom you can provide to those of us scheduled on the Splendor in February will be extremely valuable.

• Like 1

Then there is a concern how one gets to and back from a cruise. On the National news of today, Jan. 3, ir was reported that 3000 flights were cancelled today. The airlines predict that this mess will last at least till the end of the month. 

We called our TA yesterday to try to move our February 3 cruise to next year.  No way says Regent.  They did allow us to put the money towards our June cruise to the Adriatic, but who knows if that will go?   We still don't know if we can keep our future cruise credits that we used from an Alaskan cruise that was canceled last year.   Now to cancel our flight.  Last time we let an airline book our flight from IAH to MiA they routed us through Charlotte.  We much prefer to fly direct!!

Fate decided for us.  We received the results of our PCR test, and while my husband tested Covid negative, I have tested Covid positive.  I have absolutely no symptoms and would never have known, so I am glad that I tested yesterday and received my results today.  We have transferred the amount of our Regent cruise to a couple of other Regent cruises (one in 2023, one in 2024).  I guess that's that.  Sigh.

See you all at sea.  Safe and healthy travels, everyone!

3 minutes ago, ysolde said:

Fate decided for us.  We received the results of our PCR test, and while my husband tested Covid negative, I have tested Covid positive.  I have absolutely no symptoms and would never have known, so I am glad that I tested yesterday and received my results today.  We have transferred the amount of our Regent cruise to a couple of other Regent cruises (one in 2023, one in 2024).  I guess that's that.  Sigh.

So sorry to hear this. We feel for you. We are also leery about the testing positive possibility even being asymptomatic for our cruise on February 4. All the best to you and see you at sea at sometime.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ysolde said:

so sorry to hear this.  We are still awaiting our results from yesterday's test.  It is quite anxiety provoking. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ysolde said:

…..We received the results of our PCR test, and while my husband tested Covid negative, I have tested Covid positive.  …... We have transferred the amount of our Regent cruise to a couple of other Regent cruises….

So for clarification as we have a sailing planned Feb 3 on Splendor. You did the required test (PCR) x hours for departure, it came up positive, and RSSC would let you transfer the dollar amount to a future cruise? Did you have to provide “proof” of a positive test? I ask this as it sounded like others were not allowed to move their “soon to happen” cruise to another because of fears of Omicron, but if you have a positive test, they will let you postpone? 

1 hour ago, macbest said:

So for clarification as we have a sailing planned Feb 3 on Splendor. You did the required test (PCR) x hours for departure, it came up positive, and RSSC would let you transfer the dollar amount to a future cruise? Did you have to provide “proof” of a positive test? I ask this as it sounded like others were not allowed to move their “soon to happen” cruise to another because of fears of Omicron, but if you have a positive test, they will let you postpone? 

We were scheduled to sail on the Splendor Feb 3rd as well. Last week we and our TA spoke with Regent and were able to switch our reservations to the same itinerary, same ship, February 8th 2023.

2 hours ago, poolechick said:

We were scheduled to sail on the Splendor Feb 3rd as well. Last week we and our TA spoke with Regent and were able to switch our reservations to the same itinerary, same ship, February 8th 2023.

I guess I was asking if you are just several days out from sailing and you found out that you were positive if Regent would move your cruise. 

33 minutes ago, macbest said:

I guess I was asking if you are just several days out from sailing and you found out that you were positive if Regent would move your cruise. 

Yes but you also suggested that Regent wasn't rescheduling voyages because of passenger concern about Omicron. I just wanted to clarify. 

1 hour ago, poolechick said:

Yes but you also suggested that Regent wasn't rescheduling voyages because of passenger concern about Omicron. I just wanted to clarify. 

I was also able to reschedule my February cruise, but others have reported that Regent didn’t allow them to do it. 

• Thanks 1

Its a mess.  We are cancelling the cruise but its unclear what happens.  Will Regent itself cancel - sailing with, hypothetically, only 25% occupancy?  First Splendor leg is tomorrow from Miami Jan. 6.

Curious to hear from those now in Miami.