Anyone currently on the Reflection?

Ken the cruiser

We’re going to be cruising starting Feb 5 on a B2B on the Reflection and were just wondering how the shows and life in general are on the ship? We’re currently on the “to be revolutionized” Constellation, and really don’t feel like we’re missing anything when compared to say the Summit, other than maybe for the fact there is no On Demand movie options on the TV.

We just read (from a Cruiseline article) the Reflection is not scheduled until sometime in 2023 to be revolutionized and were wondering if there are any obvious limitations being encountered on the ship? The last time we were on the Reflection was Jan 2019 and if a remember correctly, there were at least On Demand Movies on the TV (for a fee) if I recall correctly.

Reflection received several enhancements when it was refurbished in October 2017. Upgrades included new Tiffany and Swiss Watch boutiques, radio-frequency stateroom key technology, and the addition of A Taste of Film at the Rooftop Terrace, where cruisers experience dinner and a movie under the stars. In 2023, Celebrity Reflection will undergo a more extensive modernization through the Celebrity Revolution program.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

We sailed Reflection a few weeks ago.  Had a great time.  Shows and entertainment were typical of any Celebrity cruise we have sailed in the past few years.  The ship is in great shape.  We were in a sky suite and other than missing a Retreat Deck we were very pleased with our cabin and the whole experience (in fact, we liked the cabin better than the one on Apex we had sailed in the week before).

Our cruise had about 1200 passengers so it was lively enough, but not crowded anywhere.  Overall quality of the food and the service were as good or better than any pre-Covid cruises.  All venues were open the usual times.  There were two shows each night, other than the first night when there was only one.  

Yes, there were a number of on-demand movies.  I am not sure of the selection of paid movies, but the selection for free was very, very limited.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

We sailed Reflection a few weeks ago.  Had a great time.  Shows and entertainment were typical of any Celebrity cruise we have sailed in the past few years.  The ship is in great shape.  We were in a sky suite and other than missing a Retreat Deck we were very pleased with our cabin and the whole experience (in fact, we liked the cabin better than the one on Apex we had sailed in the week before).

Our cruise had about 1200 passengers so it was lively enough, but not crowded anywhere.  Overall quality of the food and the service were as good or better than any pre-Covid cruises.  All venues were open the usual times.  There were two shows each night, other than the first night when there was only one.  

Yes, there were a number of on-demand movies.  I am not sure of the selection of paid movies, but the selection for free was very, very limited.  

Thanks! Sounds like we’re going to have a great time. We really don’t watch much TV when we’re on a cruise, but it’s nice to have the option. We’re also going to be in a suite as the price was just too good to pass up pre-COVID when we got it before it was subsequently L&S’ed over to this cruise.

We disembarked today (12/26 sailing). We did not go to any shows, but that’s normal for us. There was the usual amount of music around the ship. Unfortunately the lead singers sounded overworked towards the end of the week.
We had a great time onboard. There were 1700 passengers & it was a very fun crowd for NYE. Definitely our best cruise yet!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LizO830 said:

We disembarked today (12/26 sailing). We did not go to any shows, but that’s normal for us. There was the usual amount of music around the ship. Unfortunately the lead singers sounded overworked towards the end of the week.
We had a great time onboard. There were 1700 passengers & it was a very fun crowd for NYE. Definitely our best cruise yet!

Thanks!

Just boarded Reflection this afternoon so I can't tell you much yet other than that they are now requiring masks to be worn indoors at all times.

As far as the 'revolution' of the ships go, we were on Equinox in October which has been 'revolutionized' and I honestly didn't see much difference from the other times we sailed her.  I think most of the changes are related to creating the "Retreat experience."  If you aren't in the Retreat, we didn't notice any difference after the revolution.  Not sure what they'll be doing if anything to Reflection.  She looks and feels like all the other S-class ships.  

I've heard various numbers of passengers for this cruise from 1,000 - 1,200.  We'll see where we end up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

We’re going to be cruising starting Feb 5 on a B2B on the Reflection and were just wondering how the shows and life in general are on the ship? We’re currently on the “to be revolutionized” Constellation, and really don’t feel like we’re missing anything when compared to say the Summit, other than maybe for the fact there is no On Demand movie options on the TV.

We just read (from a Cruiseline article) the Reflection is not scheduled until sometime in 2023 to be revolutionized and were wondering if there are any obvious limitations being encountered on the ship? The last time we were on the Reflection was Jan 2019 and if a remember correctly, there were at least On Demand Movies on the TV (for a fee) if I recall correctly.

Reflection received several enhancements when it was refurbished in October 2017. Upgrades included new Tiffany and Swiss Watch boutiques, radio-frequency stateroom key technology, and the addition of A Taste of Film at the Rooftop Terrace, where cruisers experience dinner and a movie under the stars. In 2023, Celebrity Reflection will undergo a more extensive modernization through the Celebrity Revolution program.

Are you in Retreat, Ken? My Reflection experience is from 2019. I actually prefer the revolutionized Retreat Lounge on Equinox to Michaels on Reflection, but I’m in the minority around here I think.

If there is still a lot of Covid onboard by then, I’ll be spending most of my bar time at outside bars.

3 minutes ago, cangelmd said:

Are you in Retreat, Ken? My Reflection experience is from 2019. I actually prefer the revolutionized Retreat Lounge on Equinox to Michaels on Reflection, but I’m in the minority around here I think.

If there is still a lot of Covid onboard by then, I’ll be spending most of my bar time at outside bars.

We’re going to be in a corner aft-facing cabin. We were in one back in 2019 as well and loved it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ken the cruiser said:

We’re going to be in a corner aft-facing cabin. We were in one back in 2019 as well and loved it. 

Ooh, one of our cancelled 2020 cruise was a corner aft Panama Canal cruise - that is the cancellation I was so disappointed about.

Reflection is bigger and some of the soft furnishings are a bit tired. BUT, it’s hard to know what the atmosphere and passenger load is going to be like week to week

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

We were in the aft corner on deck 11 starboard 12/4 - 12/11 and loved it.  

I found Michael's Club to be very underused on both our cruises and never had any issues maintaining 'social distancing'.  Only one time in 14 days were we in an elevator with more than 4 people total and did not have to pass up elevator's very often because they already had four or more people.  

12 minutes ago, cangelmd said:

We have not sailed in a Revolutionized S-Class yet and have really enjoyed our experiences in Michael's Club.  We are hoping to experience the differences ourselves when we sail on Silhouette in March. 

• Like 2

We will also be on the 2/5 sailing 🤞in a CS.  We have never been a fan of Michael’s Club/Retreat Lounge on the  S class they feel dark and dungeon like, so unlikely we will be in there unless we need the Retreat Concierge.  
We are booked on the 2/14  Silhouette after we disembark the Reflection on the 12th.  We have reservations in Hollywood Beach for the 2nights in between but at this point staying beyond the 2/5 sailing seems possibly pushing our luck.  We will give it a couple of weeks before we decide. 

We got off the Reflection today. There were 1700 passengers on board.  Thought the ship was in great condition.  Went to all the shows, John Bressler great piano player/singer, Leigh Cara great singer/guitarist, Ryan Story great singer/guitarist, and December '63 did two shows, both fantastic (Four Seasons songs). Did not get to see the comedy show.  I dont know if they have different entertainers each week.  We had a great cruise.  Dont know how many covid cases on board.  I did hear the captain mention we had one positive case on the second or third day, but never heard anything else.  My husband and I were fine, until the last night, he felt like he was getting a head cold.  Today we had a four hour drive home.  Tonight he has a fever, cough, congestion, body aches.  Going tomorrow for a test.  I hope its nothing more than a cold.  We are both fully vaccinated. Love the Reflection.

Edited by JennyD1
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Will be joining you on the 5th. Our first time on Reflection. We're ok with wearing masks all the time. 

I’m boarding the Reflection on January 12.  Would love to know the current sailings occupancy and what the reports were when you got on about the covid positivity rate on the cruise that just ended on January 2. 

11 minutes ago, pooh/tigger said:

Will be joining you on the 5th. Our first time on Reflection. We're ok with wearing masks all the time. 

We also still intend  sailing on our b2b starting February 5th

We have no issues wearing masks indoors and would have anyway even if it was not mandatory. We will spend as much time as possible outdoors especially the Sunset Bar!!

We also got off Reflection yesterday.  I haven't sailed Celebrity for years so can't really comment on upgrades.  We were in a Sky Suite and loved the suit, loved Michaels, loved Luminae, loved the ship.  The crew went to the extreme to please.  The food was some of the best I've had in 36 cruises.  Only went to the one show so can't really comment, but sure enjoyed the ship.  The NYE party on the pool deck was GREAT!!  All in all, it was a wonderful cruise.  I sincerely believe the crew is so happy to have their jobs back that they are working remarkably hard to please.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Love the extra porthole light, expanded balcony view, and semi private entrance.  Our favorite Sky Suites on the S class.

• Like 1

Been onboard Reflection about 24 hours now.  I've heard varying number of guests onboard.  Around 1,000 seems to be the average answer.  I will find out for sure and post when I do.  I think I mentioned we switched from St. Croix to Nassau where we are today.  We stayed onboard.  Ship feels pretty empty.

Had a nice, small Cruise Critic gathering at the Sunset Bar this morning.  Eight of us sat and chatted for awhile.  That was great. 

Dinner last evening in the main dining room was the standard first night Celebrity dinner - Prime Rib, Spaghetti Bolognese, Roast Chicken.  Food was fine, company and service were great (lots of laughter).  Our group has two tables next to each other for the sailing.  Dining room at 7:00 PM was fair empty.  After dinner (around 8:30) we went up to the Lawn Club Grille to check on our dinner reservation for this evening and there were only 2 guests dining there.  Looking forward to my husband's birthday celebration there tonight.

Everyone is complying with masks indoors.  We're just spending the majority of our time outside.  

Crew is terrific.  Ship is in decent shape but some things, like the couch in our cabin (a 1A) is showing its age and could use new cushions. But really, Reflection is in great shape overall.  

Michaels Club is still the dark woods (which I prefer) but that will change once they re-do the ship.  

We wouldn't hesitate to continue to sail Reflection.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

We are onboard now and having the best time. 1000 passengers and 1100 staff makes this an amazing experience. We are in Aqua Class for the first time an Blu was wonderful. Everyone is wearing masks inside and we feel safer because of it. You will love it - third time on reflection and they have kept it clean and updated. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Host Anne said:

Michaels Club is still the dark woods (which I prefer) but that will change once they re-do the ship.

I agree Ann, we enjoy Michaels Club over he Retreat lounge. Please tell Cranston that Bob, Melissa and Jennifer miss him already.

• Like 1

On 1/2/2022 at 10:37 AM, phoenix_dream said:

is there a pool, or a wading pool on the Retreat (Solstice) deck

2 hours ago, PTCruizer said:

I agree Ann, we enjoy Michaels Club over he Retreat lounge. Please tell Cranston that Bob, Melissa and Jennifer miss him already.

We're not in the Retreat but I'll stick my head in the door to let them know!  🙂