LIVE for the Horizon… just kidding the Liberty 1-8-21

MeganGC1983

Guest BasicSailor
Just now, MeganGC1983 said:

Awe! That makes me a little sad thinking about that. Hope they treat it right. 😆

I always ask my beautiful wife when we get home, Wonder who's in our cabin tonight 😡. 🤣

Wonderful review, really keeps people ( In The Know )

I stepped away for a few days and am finally caught up. I'm so glad that your house and children are safe. Looks like that was a scary fire! Thanks for another awesome report, and I look forward yo your next adventure ❤

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, dcsham said:

know what you mean. Driving home from Long Beach today in the car, after a week of lovely ocean breezes, my wife turned to me and said “Why does it smell like poop?” 
I didn’t have the heart to tell her…

I know exactly where you were driving on 1-5

• Like 1

Absolutely loved your review! Despite being vaxxed, I ended up with Covid right around New Year's, and just now feeling completely better. Reading your review, along with catching up on @Jamman54@SaintGreg and @sid_9169 reviews helped pass the time while stuck on the couch for 2 weeks. (CC glitch would not let me comment on their reviews. 🙄) Can't wait until your next one! 😁

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 1/17/2022 at 11:21 AM, MeganGC1983 said:

Final Cheers! drink total: 116 🤪

Realizing its a rough figure but say on average that $10.00 a drink....you more then doubled your value of Cheers...then assuming you also had a few waters/coffee etc....that is well worth your money!!!  Glad you had a good cruise and your home is safe...thanks so much for a FUN review.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Roscoe13 said:

You are my spirit animal!!

Even though you left 4 on the table, maybe next time...

Don't forget that she had free drinks at the Platinum/Diamond party, and that she drank while on shore. I'm impressed and would be honored to knock a few back with her and hubby anytime! 🤗🍺🍷🍸🍹🥂🍾

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

Don't forget that she had free drinks at the Platinum/Diamond party, and that she drank while on shore. I'm impressed and would be honored to knock a few back with her and hubby anytime! 🤗🍺🍷🍸🍹🥂🍾

Would LOVE that!! Thank you! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Right there with you...I'd belly up to that bar anyday!

• Thanks 1

Final thoughts: 

The cons- The Liberty definitely does show her age. There’s zero comparison to newer ships with a balcony that still seemed “salty and dirty”, even after cleaning, and the Farcus decor, that thrived in the 90’s, seeming not as fancy.

There were some food hiccups. The raw soufflé, over salty Newburg, some soups that were excellent on other sailings, were just okay here. 

The positives- The CREW was definitely one of the best we’ve experienced. I’m all ready looking to reunite with Teodoro, I Nyoman and Aris from Red Frog before their contracts are up. I hate that they can’t even go into port and they miss land. (Thanks Covid) But I really enjoyed learning from them, about them and all round the amazing relationship we had. Salamat! If you sail on the Liberty soon, find them, tip them and send them my love with a hearty “No rice, no power!!”! 
The ports truly lived up to their hype! I’m so glad we made it to all of them, and although I couldn’t eat in Bonaire to save my life, they were gorgeous and welcoming. I will definitely go back to all three. 

Did we miss that it wasn’t the Horizon? Yes! Did we cruise on? Yes! In these days of Covid, y’all gotta roll with it. I’m so glad we did. 

Thank you all again for following along and the kind words. I really appreciate it. I hope I answered some questions, and you had some vicarious fun on my trip! Next sailing is scheduled for October on the Dream with the kids, buttttt 🤔. I have a trip to Mobile scheduled for March… but April/May, I may be yelling “HONEY I’M home!” to Teo and crew… you never know. 😉

• Like 15